Airmiles Armchair Chatter

In my experience with my parents they will take you very quickly if it is an emergency. I always judge how serious something is by how long we have to wait for the appointments. Our system is not perfect but its all we've got.
THIS! Hubby went into the ER complaining of "i think i have an elephant on my chest" and he was taken into immediately since he's over 50 ... wired for sound and a cardiologist was at his bedside within minutes. His follow-up in the Dr Office was within days even though it was never ruled as heart related, just the beginning of double pneumonia but he was still seen quickly.

Now he's been waiting over a year for a follow-up scope to track his Upper GI problems but mine was done in less than 3 months because they found things "to keep an eye on". If we need the help in a hurry we get it and i like knowing that flashing money won't get me in quicker. When we ended up at the US version of a walk-in clinic 2 weeks ago, as soon as they saw we had full coverage i was whisked in ahead of a full waiting room and that included an elderly couple who'd been in a car accident but didn't have the coverage for a freaking ambulance ride to the hospital!!

The card doesn't give you any extra benefits and the only thing I've had happen (repeatedly) is the cashier telling me "I need to scan your AM card before you pay" Once they look closer it leads to the next comment "OH you're an avid collector" -- or something along the lines, followed by "do you use your miles?"

The one significant bonus attached to the ONYX level vanished when they cancelled the expiration policy, namely that our miles didn't expire so long as we maintained that level. You will be able to get some rewards for less miles but don't need to show your card to get them. They state on the website that you will get priority when you call in but i have NEVER had any significant decrease in the time i wait and once I do actually talk to someone the resolution is no different.

long way of saying, Don't worry about the fancy black card
I have always had lower wait times with the phone. You do know that the phone number for Onyx members is different than the regular air miles number right?

I have always had lower wait times with the phone. You do know that the phone number for Onyx members is different than the regular air miles number right?
NO! and we've been ONYX for as long as it's been a thing!!! Just what is that #???

This is the one I always call
I'd be interested if there is another one?
Hugs Mel

In Toronto

416-226-5171

Canada & USA

1-888-AIR-MILES (1-888-247-6453)

Thats the one on the back of the onyx card and the one I use. Normally not too long of a wait
That number on the back of the ONYX card is the one i use also. The last 4 digits of the number spell ONYX. My understanding is that this is a special number to service ONYX members. It always feels to me like a VIP service. When air miles was getting all jammed up near Christmas because of the expiring points, i accidentally called the regular number and it was a ridiculous wait time. I hung up and called the ONYX number and was looked after almost immediately.

I hit Rexall after school today and managed to get 200AM and spent $59.52

I wasn't sure if it would work but I had a spend $40, get 80AM in my loaded offers plus I got the email with a spend $50, get 80AM so I decided to see if they would both show up. I also had a buy $10 in makeup, get 10AM in my loaded offers as well as a couple of offers from the flyer. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked away with 108 bonus, 90 from load and go and 2 base! I could have gotten closer to exactly $50 but there were a few things I needed that did not have bonus miles.

Not as amazing as some people here have done but good enough for me! I only need 423 more to get my Ottawa flights for this summer. Sadly, we are going to have to pay $$$ for DH and DS's flights but one is better than none!

I might be able to squeak out 100 miles at Sobey's but I'm not going to bother with Rexall. Chances are there will be a bigger offer at Rexall next week.

Thrifty's (west coast Sobey's) this week doesn't have too many good deals - spend $20 and get 30, or spend $30 to get 50 on Unico stuff (note, the Food Bank got a LOT of beans and some olives this week), and buy 4 to get 30AM, so I bought 4 Vitamin Waters (kids love 'em) for $5 and got 30AM... pretty good deal I thought.

What DID go well, was I received a bonus booklet in the mail last week. So I managed to get stuff on sale and used the AM coupons for the items, plus there was spend $225+ and get 45AM before March 5th, and one for after. So last night I spent more than I had wanted to (because the family had come along and it always happens when they do). I spent $238 and got 210 AM. Not as well as I had hoped but I saved $97 off the regular price so not too bad.

I just checked my sobey's receipt and I'm missing miles from my loaded offers. Who do I contact about this? (Airmiles or sobeys?)

Huh.... our experience with using AirMiles for Disney was almost a near-disaster. Perhaps I will try to learn from everyone's experiences.

However.... the only thing we ever collect AM on is fuel for the vehicle, and groceries... which is not a whole lot of earned points. We cashed in 13 years of points to take our Disney trip and I can't see us ever getting to a points level where it will be of value to use the AM.

Hopefully going to get 60-80 miles from Sobeys this week.

Lawtons will be my focus for the next few weeks. This week, it's spend $35 on Our Compliments products and get 95 miles, in conjunction with the Blue Booklet offers of spend $95/get 95 miles until March 7. Once that coupon is earned, I should get the 50 bonus miles from the use three offer.

Hopefully going to get 60-80 miles from Sobeys this week.

Lawtons will be my focus for the next few weeks. This week, it's spend $35 on Our Compliments products and get 95 miles, in conjunction with the Blue Booklet offers of spend $95/get 95 miles until March 7. Once that coupon is earned, I should get the 50 bonus miles from the use three offer.

You are so lucky, your offers from the little blue book are so much better than the ones we got in Ontario. Most of us only got 2, Sobey's and Staples. The Sobey's I can make use of but there is only so much printer ink I can have stashed away, so no extra bonus for me this time.

Huh.... our experience with using AirMiles for Disney was almost a near-disaster. Perhaps I will try to learn from everyone's experiences.

However.... the only thing we ever collect AM on is fuel for the vehicle, and groceries... which is not a whole lot of earned points. We cashed in 13 years of points to take our Disney trip and I can't see us ever getting to a points level where it will be of value to use the AM.

:welcome:to Disboards Airmiles thread. Please share with us which province you live in. Offers vary greatly across the country and people will be able to direct you towards the good deals if we can narrow that down.

For years I ignored my Airmiles account. Each time I got a statement I would say to myself that those miles would get me to the end of the runway etc. Then I found this thread! While the airmiles have scaled back somewhat lately you can still earn lots to be used on flights, park tickets, hotels and car rentals to name just a few. Collecting airmiles can take a little work (reviewing flyers online, checking this thread) but it can pay off. I can't tell you the number of people in my personal life that have now seen the "Airmiles light". They don't collect quite the number I do but they collect way more than they used to.

Really disappointed with the airmiles offered at Safeway in the west this week. Not much for me to collect. Even with dollar days, it's still cheaper for me to go to Superstore/No Frills. Checked my offers for points...will be able to get many points with what is offered and what I'm needing this week - even got a buy $40.00 get 5000 points! I'll use superstore gas for that reward. Hopefully next week the airmiles are better

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter