Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I am going to try and pick up 8 more frozen dinners today and that will be it for me.
I'm not sure about the Sobeys GC yet, I'll have to check the budget.
Hugs Mel

The answer to 'what are Micropopzs.
http://airmilesmarvelmania.ca/en/home?cm_sp=AM.CA-HomePage-Voken-_-35308_MarvelMania2017-_-LearnMore

I guess they would be a good stocking stuffer. Free so why not. ;)

My son is excited, he was upset I spent money on groceries yesterday instead of waiting until today. So we just pick these little things up when we buy stuff? Interesting. I hope they don't run out too quickly. And don't end up with all of just one guy or something!

No Safeway Blue Friday again this week!! What the heck? I'm getting really discouraged trying to collect AM lately. Safeway hasn't had any great deals for AM, we don't have a rexall. Thank goodness for the AMEX promos lately or I'd be really dry. Getting harder and harder to earn those free tickets!
It’s Blue Friday here in BC.

No Safeway Blue Friday again this week!! What the heck? I'm getting really discouraged trying to collect AM lately. Safeway hasn't had any great deals for AM, we don't have a rexall. Thank goodness for the AMEX promos lately or I'd be really dry. Getting harder and harder to earn those free tickets!

You're out west, right? It is Blue Friday this week - the Blue Friday portion of the flyer is at the back of the online flyer instead of the front like it usually is. That said, there's not a whole lot that we'll be taking advantage of. Safeway/Sobey's liquor store also has a 4 day spend $150 and get 150.

ETA - I can see the Blue Friday pages in the Reebee app, but not online on either of the Sobey's or Safeway websites. Odd.

Last edited:
Can I use the "spend $50 get 110 AM" coupon more than once? I used it yesterday (along with my load and go) but I need to go back and get some Claritin because I'm dying... well not really but I'd like to stop sneezing any way. I want to get the most AM possible :) I think it says "once per transaction" so that should mean I can use it again today? I don't normally go more than once in a week!

It’s Blue Friday here in BC.

You're out west, right? It is Blue Friday this week - the Blue Friday portion of the flyer is at the back of the online flyer instead of the front like it usually is. That said, there's not a whole lot that we'll be taking advantage of. Safeway/Sobey's liquor store also has a 4 day spend $150 and get 150.

ETA - I can see the Blue Friday pages in the Reebee app, but not online on either of the Sobey's or Safeway websites. Odd.[/QUOTE

Hmm...well it doesn't show up on my app or the online flyer for my area. Will track down an actual paper copy and see if it's there.

I'm in the same boat. Not many AM promos...and no Rexall here either. I have to travel 40 minutes to hit up a Rexall. Or wait until we are in a city/town with a Rexall. Heading to Calgary this weekend to visit the daughter....so I might be able to stop if there is a Rexall close to her. Very disappointed at the lack of AM. On the other hand...I'm almost at another $100 Pc Points...so that will make 300.00 in the last few months. I LOVE it when they have a 5000 point for the gas bar!

Can I use the "spend $50 get 110 AM" coupon more than once? I used it yesterday (along with my load and go) but I need to go back and get some Claritin because I'm dying... well not really but I'd like to stop sneezing any way. I want to get the most AM possible :) I think it says "once per transaction" so that should mean I can use it again today? I don't normally go more than once in a week!
YES you can, heck I've been known to use it 2 (even 3) times in a row ... separate the transactions in the cart and ring them thru one after another. When my targeted offers were still in coupon form I cleaned up like a bandit, easily walking out with over 500 AM in one shopping trip.

ETA - I can see the Blue Friday pages in the Reebee app, but not online on either of the Sobey's or Safeway websites. Odd.

i'm so glad you pointed this out because i also thought there was no blue friday this month. the deals aren't great, and there aren't too many products i buy regularly, but at least it's something. i'll scrape together a couple hundred anyways. blue fridays are where i make most of my miles lately, so i'm really glad to see it's coming up :)

Well I stopped at Rexall, spent $60 plus tax (Claritin is expensive! and I got a few other things :) ) I ended up with two of the mini figures. They are still in the package but they are MINI. I hope I didn't get two the same, but you can't tell from the outside. They had a big box behind the cash and just dropped two into my bag (1 for every $30 spent). I'm sure my kiddo will like them, but so will the cats and dog, they will need to be put away somewhere lol. I scanned the coupon for AM again but forgot to check my receipt, which is now in the car. Hopefully I got another 110 AM . And hopefully that Claritin starts working soon... my desk neighbours are avoiding me :) actually that may be a good thing?

Hi Mel. So sorry to message you here. A few years ago you very kindly created two tickets for me to let my children know that they were going to Disneyland. It was a Christmas present for them. Maybe you don't do this anylonger but just on the off chance that you are, could you do 4 of them for me. It would be greatly appreciated. The children's names are
Caoimbe
Ruairi
Barry
Darragh
Ciara
Cormac

All Irish names in case you were wondering
We are going to Disneyland Paris on the 15th March 2018 but as I said its a Christmas surprise.

Thanking you in advance
Siobhan

Ok, so does it say anything about me that I'm stupidly excited about these Marvel things??? All i can say is i better get a GROOT! Oh and a Rocket. I can see lots of fun at the Christmas table

mqdefault.jpg

Hi Mel. So sorry to message you here. A few years ago you very kindly created two tickets for me to let my children know that they were going to Disneyland. It was a Christmas present for them. Maybe you don't do this anylonger but just on the off chance that you are, could you do 4 of them for me. It would be greatly appreciated. The children's names are
Caoimbe
Ruairi
Barry
Darragh
Ciara
Cormac

We are going to Disneyland Paris on the 15th March 2018 but as I said its a Christmas surprise.

Thanking you in advance
Siobhan

I hit up my "local" Rexall (Parry Sound for those keeping track), and it's going out of business. :(
I'm so very sad! We knew when it opened that it was pure madness to have 4 pharmacies plus one in Walmart all within a 2 km stretch of small town. But I loved this store! It was always super clean, the staff were always great, they always had the best clearance prices, and of course, Airmiles!
The one positive? I made out like a bandit today! They're clearing out their food aisles, and my family is going to love me. Boxes of cereal for $1, My hubby's beloved beef-a-roni for 49 cents, Mr Noodles for 9 cents each, and big cans of coffee for $3! Heck yeah!
I split my shop into 3 transactions and used the spend 50, get 110 on all 3 of them, for a total of 492 miles!
Popped into Sobeys for pizza and milk and earned another 122. I got 5x the miles at Shell (not sure of my total, but only spent $50, so not many).
And there will be some more surprise miles because when I was at Rexall, a woman was there shopping the clearance. She doesn't have an airmiles account (what!!!) and the cashier used my card. lol
It was a decent day for me!
Tomorrow I'll walk over to Foodland and grab the bread.

Caoimbe
Ruairi
Barry
Darragh
Ciara
Cormac

Thanking you in advance
Siobhan

Hi Siobhan
You will need to go to my photobucket and look under Siobhan for the six "tickets.
Link to my photobucket is in my signature.
If you are unable to upload them from Photobucket you will have to PM (private message) me here on the DIS with your email. You will need to have 10 or more posts on the DIS to use the PM system.
I love your Irish names!
Best Regards
Mel

Oh, and at the Rexall, they just had the big box of Marvel blind bags sitting on the counter with a sign saying "FREE". I grabbed a handful to bribe my kids with over the weekend.

Just sharing
Ok I know I shouldn't start this but there is this absolutely special little boy at my school and I kind of am going to collect these for him. I bought the Marvel collector box at Rexall last night.
I can just see myself buying stuff just to get these for him. He is truly a little "Hero" in my eyes .
He suffers from E.B. (skin as sensitive as a Butterfly) Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa,.
He makes me smile everyday, and he keeps any of my thoughts of my skin problems at bay as I watch what he bravely goes through all the time.
I just want to see him smile.
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter