Airmiles Armchair Chatter

**My Personal offers** Sobeys and Foodland:
I am still trying to figure out if I will make the trip to Foodland for the gift card

buy 1 box Prime chicken strips/ bites or nuggets get 20 airmiles
buy 1 package of maple leaf bacon get 7 airmiles
buy 1 christie cookies get 7 airmiles
buy 1 Dempsters hot dog or hamburger buns get 10 airmiles
buy 1 box special K cereal get 15 airmiles.
My threshold spend is,,, spend 120.00 get 40 bonus airmiiles.? Can I get this by buying a gift card?

Hugs Mel

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Purchasing the GC does not count towards a threshold spend. You will receive the 150AM/card flyer promotion only. Now if you go in and buy that then shop and use it more AM will be generated.

This is what I did last week at Sobeys...I bought my $150 gift card and used my MM coupon, then went and did my shopping and used that GC to pay for my groceries and earned and additional 63 AM on the stuff I bought....I will use one of my other Sobeys GC this week when I do my shopping at Foodland and redeem my MM coupon...Once our shopping at Foodland is done, I will have finished 5 sponsors for the mega miles...

**My offers** Sobeys and Foodland:
I am still trying to figure out if I will make the trip to Foodland for the gift card

buy 1 box Prime chicken strips/ bites or nuggets get 20 airmiles
buy 1 package of maple leaf bacon get 7 airmiles
buy 1 christie cookies get 7 airmiles
buy 1 Dempsters hot dog or hamburger buns get 10 airmiles
buy 1 box special K cereal get 15 airmiles.
My threshold spend is,,, spend 120.00 get 40 bonus airmiiles.? Can I get this by buying a gift card?

Hugs Mel

Hugs Mel
Awesome! Two of those are in my personal offers (yeah me!) and I actually use all the others. I'll buy a gc and use one from last week to pay.

That time when you can't sleep, even though the alarm is set for 4:30 and you realize the Rexall flyer will now be live, so you look at it and realize you don't have enough cash miles!!!

Rexall ON
Rexall West

upload_2018-3-22_1-59-43.png
SO if you want to take advantage of this offer AND the Metro MM coupon you will need to have this 295 + another 95 = 390 cash miles. The Duck only has 343. But, a quick change on my preference to 100% cash that will take place in 90 minutes and a stop at Rexall tomorrow to spend $40, use the MM coupon AND my LnG offer and I'll earn 100 miles!! I actually have several things i need at Rexall so can easily spend $40 AND the $50 on the weekend.

ETA .. yeah decided my sleep-deprived brain was making me spend $40 to get 100 AM that i would turn around and need to spend another 50 to get those into the dream account...so switched it back to 100% dream and ignore a Rexall stop tomorrow It still happened before the 3 am cutoff so my account just looks loopy now:P

Last edited:

In 4 months I got 7000 AM!!! I can't believe how fast my total goes up. My kids want to go back on a DCL cruise and we're thinking of doing a cruise to Alaska in 2020 and I already have enough AM for two tickets to Vancouver!!! :dogdance: At that speed, I'll probably have enough AM in 2020 for two trips. One to Vancouver the 4 of us and another one in Europe just DH and I for our 20th.

Got 50 bonus AM at the liquor store for spending $50. Cashier looked at my coupon like it was contagious but I got them, haha.

Alberta, I received it in my email last week.

Oh, darn. :) I was going to ask where you got the coupon from. I want to stop at LCBO this weekend and get the new Bailey's Strawberries & Cream. Mmm...

In 4 months I got 7000 AM!!! I can't believe how fast my total goes up. My kids want to go back on a DCL cruise and we're thinking of doing a cruise to Alaska in 2020 and I already have enough AM for two tickets to Vancouver!!! :dogdance: At that speed, I'll probably have enough AM in 2020 for two trips. One to Vancouver the 4 of us and another one in Europe just DH and I for our 20th.

That's awesome! congrats!

Hey, I'm sorry, I don't recall who... but was there not a person or two here who had their PC Optimum points scammed? I just came across this article:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/top...s-go-on-shopping-sprees/ar-BBKyefk?li=AAggFp5
Yep...me. I’m still working on it. I’m ready to take to Facebook shaming to get some action. I’ve emailed and received no reply. I did an online chat and was told I would have my points back within a week, that was 12 days ago. My DD is a RCSS manager and she happened into a discussion over lunch at work about this very problem, which BTW is a known problem. She shared my story and then about an hour later someone from head office was calling her for my account number and details. Still no resolution which is a huge irritation right now because I’m off work without pay and could be using my points to get groceries. I saved up the points knowing I was going to be off for a while.

I also came across two other articles on this subject. Both were CBC.

Yep...me. I’m still working on it. I’m ready to take to Facebook shaming to get some action. I’ve emailed and received no reply. I did an online chat and was told I would have my points back within a week, that was 12 days ago. My DD is a RCSS manager and she happened into a discussion over lunch at work about this very problem, which BTW is a known problem. She shared my story and then about an hour later someone from head office was calling her for my account number and details. Still no resolution which is a huge irritation right now because I’m off work without pay and could be using my points to get groceries. I saved up the points knowing I was going to be off for a while.

I also came across two other articles on this subject. Both were CBC.

It's ridiculous that you are still waiting for your points when it's obvious that you were a victim of fraud!!!

Thrifty's (Sobey's) started out the first three months of the year with under 200AM in their flyer each week. BUT, last week it was just over 400, and this week it's in the 300 range, so I once again started taking advantage of the deals. I was surfing AM last night and it turns out they still have some Canadian Resident park hoppers for DL, so I grabbed a 3 day for my trip in October! I have 297AM left over, so I'm going to start saving up for the Spring Break trip I want to take the family on next year. FINALLY some good deals!

Decided to make a pit stop at Rexall after all -- once i remembered i still haven't used the MM coupon on the secondary account. Spent $43.98 (dang toothbrush heads are $$$$) and got both the LnG threshold spend and the coupon for a total of 102 AM. Happy with that!

Jacqueline....I too stopped at Rexall today and it was my first time "stacking" offers...used my MM coupon and my Load & Go...spent $44 before taxes and received 102 AM!!!!!

For all of you expert collectors, I'm about 15-20 miles short for my next 3 day hopper pass and I'm trying to get it while the redemption still reflects the Canadian discount and before they raise them (which could be any day). What 's the cheapest and quickest way to get 20 miles - I'm planning on using the MM Foodland coupon but I think they take at least a week to post?

For all of you expert collectors, I'm about 15-20 miles short for my next 3 day hopper pass and I'm trying to get it while the redemption still reflects the Canadian discount and before they raise them (which could be any day). What 's the cheapest and quickest way to get 20 miles - I'm planning on using the MM Foodland coupon but I think they take at least a week to post?

Rexall usually posts your AM pretty quick...there is a mega miles coupon for spend $40 get 40 AM...

I used that twice last weekend (2 accounts), but yes they did already post. Thank you - I don't really want to spend another $40 but I'll look at their flyer and maybe they'll have something that I didn't stock up on last week for the few miles I need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter