• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I found some coupons on the Rexall website for Pantene hair care products. Can I use them on sale items? I think you get 10AM for buying two Pantene. Will I still get the AM for using the $1 off coupon? Can I use two coupons at the same purchase? I am hoping to get the 112AM plus the individual AMs as well with the coupons. TIA for your expert advice!
OOPS sorry i missed this question! Yes, you can use coupons on products to lower the prices (unless it's a promo like vitamins -- you have to spend $30.00 so make sure you still hit that mark!) and still get the Airmiles -- it only says buy 2 get the AM. You'll need to read the fine print on the coupon regarding using multiples -- some are fine, others explicitly say "one coupon per purchase" You can use any targeted coupons for Airmiles as well ... unless the coupon says on it that it's not good with any other Store issued Airmiles coupons (which i was able to get my store to work around since they thought it was as stupid as i did!)

Anyone in Calgary? Another 1 AM thing for Onyx:
An afternoon of Wine and Doughnuts at Jelly Modern Doughnuts - Package for One (1) - November 20th, 2016 - Calgary AB

sorry if already posted! I am looking for the Masterminds one previously posted and tripped over this...

WELCOME to the Family of flyer studiers and AirMiles hunters! Here's the info from the Foodland site:
Gift Cards are available in amounts between $5 and $500, and can be used at any of our banners Foodland, Sobeys, Price Chopper and FreshCo across Canada.
Just have them loaded with the amount in the flyer ($150.00) -- you can buy up to 5 during the promotion. We'll buy 2 and use them at Sobey's for all of the Airmiles specials when they have them --- double dipping! Don't forget to pay for them with an Airmiles credit card! Several peeps here use the cards at the "cheaper" sibling stores for their regular shopping.

We're usually pretty good at sharing the links for the Rexall coupons here in the thread, if you miss it just ask ! Go back to post 1775 on page 89 for the $5.00 coupon.

You'll find that Metro is a bit of a bust lately and the prices seem to be rising (at least ours have after they did a MASSIVE renovation).
And don't forget, to actually USE the giftcard at Sobey's, like someone I can think of (pointing to self) :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

OOPS sorry i missed this question! Yes, you can use coupons on products to lower the prices (unless it's a promo like vitamins -- you have to spend $30.00 so make sure you still hit that mark!) and still get the Airmiles -- it only says buy 2 get the AM. You'll need to read the fine print on the coupon regarding using multiples -- some are fine, others explicitly say "one coupon per purchase" You can use any targeted coupons for Airmiles as well ... unless the coupon says on it that it's not good with any other Store issued Airmiles coupons (which i was able to get my store to work around since they thought it was as stupid as i did!)

:thanks:

Newbie here, so bear with me. If I buy the Foodland GC, did I see someone mention before that I can use it at Sobey's? Anywhere else?

A bit OT, we just bought a house, Metro and Rexall are within walking distance! Now I have to figure out where to get all these neat Rexall coupons you keep chatting about...

It will be worth the drive to Foodland to pick up the gift cards. Look it up online (I suggest the one in Osgoode, I think its closest. I go to the one in Greely). To use them there is a Fresh Co in Bells Corners and two Sobey's in Kanata. So lots of places to spend them.

That must have just come up. I was looking for something last evening and didn't see anything. Thanks for posting

Edit: Just ordered some on DH account. He's down to 9AM now. I'll get him to zero with the movies before his Gold status runs out next year. (Can't waste a single AM)

Hi
I can't see this
did I miss it?
Hugs Mel

It will be worth the drive to Foodland to pick up the gift cards. Look it up online (I suggest the one in Osgoode, I think its closest. I go to the one in Greely). To use them there is a Fresh Co in Bells Corners and two Sobey's in Kanata. So lots of places to spend them.

@kuhltiffany, the Greely and Osgood stores are exactly equidistant from Kanata, according to Google (~40 km). I was surprised, thought Greely would be closer. The Osgood store is probably faster to get to though, since it's closer to the highway.

I'm not sure I can bring myself to make a special trip out there just for Air Miles. I'm not as hardcore as most of the collectors on this thread!

@kuhltiffany,
I'm not sure I can bring myself to make a special trip out there just for Air Miles. I'm not as hardcore as most of the collectors on this thread!

Just curious, do you have something you are working towards? Our shopping patterns change dramatically when there isn't a push for certain redemption! Once we have the car rental squared away we'll probably go back to our *normal* shopping patterns (we've scored 2 5 day passes, a night at the Sheraton Gateway in Pearson the night before we leave and almost have enough for car rental for the entire 18 days we'll be there now) I don't buy things we don't need, but all my drug store purchases happen at Rexall now and we do make an hour round -trip commute to Sobey's every week right now, and you can bet we will be driving almost 30 min (both directions) to get the Gift Cards this weekend! We've always treated the grocery shopping as our date night and love driving ..it's an outing!!!

I google mapped it, Greely was 30 minutes and Osgood was 37 from where I am right now. Neither is near anything else I would visit though, so I'm with you @mab2012, I'm not sure if I can bring myself to drive an hour…

@kuhltiffany, the Greely and Osgood stores are exactly equidistant from Kanata, according to Google (~40 km). I was surprised, thought Greely would be closer. The Osgood store is probably faster to get to though, since it's closer to the highway.

Funny you say that, we just got back from a Disney Cruise to Alaska in August and don't have another vacation planned yet. DH just asked me about 10 minutes ago if I was going to need a vacation to somewhere warm to get through the winter…so I need to plan something! I've got 15,500 AM right now...

Just curious, do you have something you are working towards? Our shopping patterns change dramatically when there isn't a push for certain redemption! Once we have the car rental squared away we'll probably go back to our *normal* shopping patterns (we've scored 2 5 day passes, a night at the Sheraton Gateway in Pearson the night before we leave and almost have enough for car rental for the entire 18 days we'll be there now) I don't buy things we don't need, but all my drug store purchases happen at Rexall now and we do make an hour round -trip commute to Sobey's every week right now, and you can bet we will be driving almost 30 min (both directions) to get the Gift Cards this weekend! We've always treated the grocery shopping as our date night and love driving ..it's an outing!!!

I google mapped it, Greely was 30 minutes and Osgood was 37 from where I am right now. Neither is near anything else I would visit though, so I'm with you @mab2012, I'm not sure if I can bring myself to drive an hour…

Saturday is going to be a beautiful day for a drive in the country. Go to Osgoode you can stop in Manotick for lunch and have a wander around. I guess it depends on how many GC you were planning on getting. It's a $20 value (savings/AM) per GC.

I don't see anything that great in Sobeys this week. If you go to Golftown they have a 60 AM bonus on $50 giftcard for there.

I didn't know that you can get AMs at Golftown! When does the 60 AM for $50 giftcard deal expire ... I'll have to get over there. Usually at least one person on my Christmas list asks for a Golftown card.

I didn't know that you can get AMs at Golftown! When does the 60 AM for $50 giftcard deal expire ... I'll have to get over there. Usually at least one person on my Christmas list asks for a Golftown card.

They don't do AM at Golftown (at least I don't think they do). If you go to Sobey's they have a promotion this week (until next Thursday) that if you purchase a $50 Golftown GC from Sobey's you will receive 60AM.

Very sad that Im sitting in Disney now checking up on Airmiles:scared:.
Well daughters sleeping in from long night so gotta do something.
I will be back in time for the foodland deals so thanks all. And as I found out from the last time. It depends on the foodland just ask. I would have been able to cycle the cards if the kids we not bugging me:hyper2:. I will be doing it without them this time.

Very sad that Im sitting in Disney now checking up on Airmiles:scared:.
Well daughters sleeping in from long night so gotta do something.
I will be back in time for the foodland deals so thanks all. And as I found out from the last time. It depends on the foodland just ask. I would have been able to cycle the cards if the kids we not bugging me:hyper2:. I will be doing it without them this time.

How do you cycle GC? Use a Foodland GC to buy another Foodland GC to get the bonus AM? Please advise! TIA!!

So in my excitement for the Foodland gift card promo I sent my husband to the store near his work yesterday. He called from the store and said very nicely "Are you sure it's happening, I don't see it the flyer?". I, who was in the middle of kids and barking dog and getting supper ready snapped back "I wouldn't send you to get something that didn't exist!" . I mean who was this man to question my airmiles knowledge.
And then he said "I know but maybe it starts tomorrow?"

:duck:. Stupid me. I owed him a BIG apology for sending him on a wild goose chase and then being cranky about it on top of that:scared:.

He's going back today after work, and I am making his favourite dinner.:o

pigletto, your house sounds exactly like mine did a few years ago. Wait no, it still does sound like that just less frequently than it used to. Just back to drop off my Rexall shop ($50.97). Got my AM. I think I am taking Rexall shopping to a new level (following in Bababear's footsteps). It try to get as close as possible to the required $ amount to get the AM. (New game for me anyway!)

Off to Foodland and then Sobey's to get my flour. Happy hunting (shopping) everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter