Airmiles Armchair Chatter

if you put you mind to it and are willing to pay a LOT for special ingredients anything, even chocolate chip cookies, is possible! Stuff I needed was on sale a few weeks ago and the sugar even had miles attached!!
I gave one to hubby any he didn't know it wasn't a "real" cookie until I grabbed it and took a bite!!
Gonna freeze some so I can have fresh cookies whenever the urge strikes

20220309_122652.jpg

if you put you mind to it and are willing to pay a LOT for special ingredients anything, even chocolate chip cookies, is possible! Stuff I needed was on sale a few weeks ago and the sugar even had miles attached!!
I gave one to hubby any he didn't know it wasn't a "real" cookie until I grabbed it and took a bite!!
Gonna freeze some so I can have fresh cookies whenever the urge strikes

View attachment 653087
Yummy
They look delicious. Enjoy!
Hugs Mel

Don't know if they mention at pump since I didn't do it.
Yes input CAA card first, then Air Miles then payment card if paying at pump. I guess same order if paying in store.

Wife went to Shell today and she said she was never asked at the pump for her CAA card. Of course she never went in to the store about it. Maybe someone else can report whether it's possible to swipe both CAA and AM card at the pump.

Yes did it again today. At the pump insert CAA card, remove, insert air miles remove, then do payment card. Receipt showed gas as 1.81 instead of posted price of 1.84.
Checked my air miles account and my miles have posted.
I never looked at the pump to see if there was anything there. Will look at pump next time since I know we will need gas again.

Wife went to Shell today and she said she was never asked at the pump for her CAA card. Of course she never went in to the store about it. Maybe someone else can report whether it's possible to swipe both CAA and AM card at the pump.

yes I filled up today. There was a small sign above the keypad at the pump, promoting the CAA offer. I swiped the CAA card first, as instructed, then keyed in my AirMiles (can you believe I have it memorized), then inserted my payment card. So simple.

I actually split my fill up into two transactions of 30L each, partly for the March Shell offer and partly because I heard gas prices would go up tomorrow. Then I got home and heard gas prices might now go down 15cents by Friday. Oh well.

Good Afternoon
Kind of Airmiles related
I was wondering with everyone talking about food prices going way up is there anything that you think is worth kind of stock piling ,,,?
I always worry about Tuna as it's one of the few protein / meat products I eat.

Thanks Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Good Afternoon
Kind of Airmiles related
I was wondering with everyone talking about food prices going way up is there anything that you think is worth kind of stock piling ,,,?
I always worry about Tuna as it's one of the few protein / meat products I eat.

Thanks Hugs
Mel
Tuna is almost always cheaper on Amazon. So is KD unless there's a loss leader sale. Husband and I spent several weeks watching prices and comparing "price per unit" and it seems that many things are just a better deal there. Now... how to earn AM.... that's not the easy part!

Unless you eat enough to buy one of the large bulk bags of tuna instead of cans! Those are good for casseroles!

Tuna is almost always cheaper on Amazon. So is KD unless there's a loss leader sale. Husband and I spent several weeks watching prices and comparing "price per unit" and it seems that many things are just a better deal there. Now... how to earn AM.... that's not the easy part!

Unless you eat enough to buy one of the large bulk bags of tuna instead of cans! Those are good for casseroles!

Thanks Hon
I am the only one who will eat Tuna in our family and therefor it does make sense to just buy the small tins from Amazon.
Maybe I'll stock up this weekend.

Thanks
Hugs
Mel

So I have finished my 3 Shell gas fill-ups for this month and received my 100 bonus Air Miles and we are 1 away from doing 4 on my Mom's card. I can't believe that we have done it already but that drive to Bolton from Ajax takes a lot of gas and we have been driving around Durham doing shopping pick-ups so that added up as well.
For those who were asking, My brother said that it asks you at the pump if you have a CAA card and tells you the order to put them in.

Had to purchase a new washer and dryer today. I researched tons of them yesterday online and now all I am seeing is ads for them. It's rather annoying. Even seeing them when I come on here. It's to bad there was no way to tell it to stop, it's not like I will need another one for ten years or so. I realize now that I should have used the 'in private' window but to late.
On a AM's related note, I used my BMO MC to make the purchase so About 200 AM's. That's all I could collect but better than nothing

Had to purchase a new washer and dryer today. I researched tons of them yesterday online and now all I am seeing is ads for them. It's rather annoying. Even seeing them when I come on here. It's to bad there was no way to tell it to stop, it's not like I will need another one for ten years or so. I realize now that I should have used the 'in private' window but to late.
On a AM's related note, I used my BMO MC to make the purchase so About 200 AM's. That's all I could collect but better than nothing
hubby needed new undies, i had to deal with a week's worth of men's crotches 🤪

Just want to confirm. For the current airmiliesshop bonus offer, it’s for a cumulative spending total. Can I spend less than $20 for one of the shop? Do I have to at least get 1 base mile at each shop to qualify? TIA!

Just want to confirm. For the current airmiliesshop bonus offer, it’s for a cumulative spending total. Can I spend less than $20 for one of the shop? Do I have to at least get 1 base mile at each shop to qualify? TIA!

View attachment 653919
For any of these promos you do need to earn at least one base mile to trigger it.

We've filled up at Shell 2X now and 50AM should have posted to my account with the fill up today. It didn't. What # do I call to get them (Shell) to fix it. I know someone here has had this issue as well and got it resolved quickly. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter