Airmiles Armchair Chatter

We're considering ditching our BMO Air Miles MC for a different travel card because of the changes in the program. It seems that AM is favouring more online, which is great for some, but we don't do a lot of online shopping. There are no Air Miles grocery stores in our city of 80,000 and I think I've gotten more value out of collecting PC points and learning that system than I have through AM. With Lowes and Rona leaving the program, and fewer bonus offers for Children's Place, Shell and Staples are really the only local places we can collect above the base amount. It's a struggle to hit the thresholds for any of the Bonus Boom, etc. We collect by far the most amount of miles though our MC.

Low Airmiles bar for me this week .
Sobeys
I will probably pick up some Beemaid Li'l honey packets
24 x 7 gram
$3.99 @ buy 1 get 12 Airmiles
Now lets hope they have the actual product in store.
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10012/1453359?page=5&itemId=71101545&sourceID=10&position=6

I might stock up on some Tetley Tea ay Real Canadian Super Store
216 for $7.99

https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10001/1453444?page=6&sourceID=10&position=0
Happy safe shopping everyone
Hope you get some good deals.
Hugs
Mel

Yeah, our mile hunt isn't terribly active but I do my best to keep poking away at it and I'm stunned at what I'm actually pulling in compared to other years. I haven't altered my spending patterns but due to my dietary limitations I'm forced to shop at the $$$ stores anyways. What I do find myself doing is keeping a running list and when I get a threshold spend I can easily complete it. Good grief, yesterday I dropped almost $250 at Metro but walked out with almost 300 miles between the 2 accounts, i always use the self-checkout and just watch the total and stop when i reach the $ mark, finish that transaction and then start another one for the other card.

Just finished up my online ordering to wrap up that promo and while I didn't earn that many I did surpass my 1:1 mark AND i got things I've been waiting for plus a few treats for the new baby (he's so spoiled already!!) Total spend $762.16 and I'm expecting 804 miles for that.

So far this year I've earned 4,519 on the main card and 1,104 on the secondary card.

My AM meter is low so far this year as well. Trying to work on my card to keep the Onyx status first then working on DD’s card. I think it’s time to have the Sobeys gift card offers.

Just finished the Mix and Match offer. It takes great effort to get 750 AM plus worrying that airmilesshop kicks me out when it takes a bit longer to complete a transaction. I also have to double check the eligible categories because they change quite often especially for Amazon. I miss Shop the Block and Mega Miles!

Just checked and I am at
Since January 1, 2022 Summary - All transactions
Miles collected:
+5,997
but my son's card 0.
I am definitely not much of a Airmiles online type of collector though.
During a telephone call with Airmiles rep last week we discussed the current situation with lack of Mega Miles & Shop the block.
She said sponsors were afraid to do the promotions during covid as they didn't want to be seen as not socially acceptable running them during the Pandemic mandates.
I sure miss them.

Hugs
Mel

I’ve collected about 3417 so far this year. I am happy with it. I actually find the more frequent Bonus Boom offers easier to do since you can do multiple at one sponsor. The STB and Mega Miles were great if we could complete them but it was getting harder and harder to get 7 sponsors especially once Rexall, Lowes and Rona left. Even Global Pets was a challenge as they are quite a drive out of the way for us and they don’t carry our dogs food brand.
We have however been planning and spending our AM lately. We are taking our cancelled March 2020 Disneyland trip in May and used AM for the flights and 5 day parkhoppers (bought in 2020) for the 4 of us, Also, our nephew is getting married in Ottawa in August so we have booked flights with AM and will likely use AM for our hotel for the 5 nights we will spend there.
The hunt is definitely worth it for us. I don’t go much out of the way and try to only purchase things we will use/need.

DS didn't get anySobeys offers this week either.

My total so far this year. Mine 3177, DH 1728, DS1579. I'll make sure I make it to ONYX this year I don't know about being able to do that with the other two cards at this rate. I tend to use the 3 cards as if they are all mine :P and shop on whichever one has something for airmiles.

I also got buy anything get 95AM at Sobeys so while I wasn't planning on going there I may see if I can get there on the weekend and take advantage of that and one or two other offers.

Kicking myself that I didn't get to Metro in time to buy lottery tickets while they had miles attached, that's our retirement plan :rotfl2:I really need to look at this week's, haven't really studied them yet. Last week I missed that Quaker rice cakes and granola bars were on for .99 until I was in the store on Tuesday and most of the flavours hubby likes were sold out

Well, I am behind the 8 ball compared to all of you in collecting AM so far this year. We are sitting at 2,793 AM so far for this year. It might have been a little higher, but with the last bonus boom in February, I didn't do any of it, as we were in Florida at that time (or quarantining to get onto the plane). Hopefully I'll be able to snag some extra miles with the next one.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming swimming :rotfl:

Well, I am behind the 8 ball compared to all of you in collecting AM so far this year. We are sitting at 2,793 AM so far for this year. It might have been a little higher, but with the last bonus boom in February, I didn't do any of it, as we were in Florida at that time (or quarantining to get onto the plane). Hopefully I'll be able to snag some extra miles with the next one.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming swimming :rotfl:
You are way ahead of me. I'm sitting at 1920. Sigh. My PC points....that's a totally different matter. :thumbsup2 LOL

I only have 1199 this year, and half of those were from the big bonus boom :) oh well! I guess I won't be making onyx this year. I miss Sobeys being nearby and Rexall being a partner, I made most at those places. I could maybe still get to 6000 this year? But I'm doubtful without those bigger bonuses. I just don't go to Metro enough, or any other partners for that matter.

She said sponsors were afraid to do the promotions during covid as they didn't want to be seen as not socially acceptable running them during the Pandemic mandates.
I sure miss them.
I think that is actually a very valid and true phrase! I miss them too!!!

That being said, I generally do better with the bonus boom promos - rather than the big ones.

So happy that Milton's Sobeys had the
lil Honey sets
I bought 8 of them and plan on attaching a Starbucks gift card to them for Easter co worker gift.
lilhoney1.jpg

98 Airmiles
Plus I was able to get 2x meal deals on my son's card for 50 Airmiles.
Honey garlic chicken wings & Mashed Potatoes.
I'll just add a veggie and dinner is ready.
Good quick shop.

Hugs
Mel

I think that is actually a very valid and true phrase! I miss them too!!!

That being said, I generally do better with the bonus boom promos - rather than the big ones.

Well come on Airmiles we are READY for a April Bonus Boom!!
Last year the Bonus Boom ran from March 25 to April 14, 2021.
So what are you waiting for Airmiles?
lol
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter