Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Airmiles website has a announcement about Sobeys
For information regarding Sobeys and its banners participation in the AIR MILES Reward Program, please visit the Sobeys FAQ page.

Hugs
Mel

This is huge news!
I guess we’ll do them in tandem for awhile and see how it goes. Our main AM earners are Safeway and our BMO MasterCard. It’ll be nice to get to earn something at Freshco. If the Scene+ program ends up being much better then I may have to get a Scotiabank Visa. Or it may be better not to have all our rewards points in one basket so having both programs may be good? We’ll have to see how it all plays out.

I have the Scotiabank Visa card, so I guess I will have to start using the scene+ card. I am glad that I can collect points with Fresh Co which is 5 min drive from work. But it still sucks that Sobeys is leaving. So, it’s only Shell, Global Pet Foods and Metro for AM. No wonder there’s been no Bonus Boom for a while.

Come on Disney, put those Annual Passes back online so i can cash out my miles!!! Sobeys etc are just places we go for specific offers, no stores close enough for regular shopping anyway but this will certainly make the promos harder to complete. IF they ever have more of them!

I don't shop at the PC chain often enough to make that program work any better either. My wallet/phone/keychain are all full of too many loyalty numbers, it's a mental workout to decide what to buy at which store and what day to shop!

Come on Disney, put those Annual Passes back online so i can cash out my miles!!! Sobeys etc are just places we go for specific offers, no stores close enough for regular shopping anyway but this will certainly make the promos harder to complete. IF they ever have more of them!

I don't shop at the PC chain often enough to make that program work any better either. My wallet/phone/keychain are all full of too many loyalty numbers, it's a mental workout to decide what to buy at which store and what day to shop!
LOL
I was picking up flowers at Canadian Tire on the weekend....cashier says do you have a Triangle card ,,,no I left it at home I say because ,,, well I can't be bothered looking for it,,, young man cashier say , "Miss it's right there on your keychain" ,,who knew ... not me.:upsidedow

Hugs Hon
Mel

I have been doing more No Frills shopping lately as well as Sobeys and neither store is gearing my offers towards me. Sobeys have been giving no spend offers and No Frills / PC have been giving me offers for makeup and vitamins. What do they know how old I am and think I need this stuff? Give me deals on the stuff I buy every week - you know the Cokes, MR Noodles, cream that kind of stuff.
I am going to check out what I can cash in my dream miles for. Don't know where I will shop once AirMIles leaves Sobeys. Sobeys is my closest store and I love shopping there but I don't want another points card - Scene + card. I like cashing in my Air Miles for groceries. I like the cashier going - oh wow look how many air miles you have. I haven't seen that many points before.

I have been doing more No Frills shopping lately as well as Sobeys and neither store is gearing my offers towards me. Sobeys have been giving no spend offers and No Frills / PC have been giving me offers for makeup and vitamins. What do they know how old I am and think I need this stuff? Give me deals on the stuff I buy every week - you know the Cokes, MR Noodles, cream that kind of stuff.
I am going to check out what I can cash in my dream miles for. Don't know where I will shop once AirMIles leaves Sobeys. Sobeys is my closest store and I love shopping there but I don't want another points card - Scene + card. I like cashing in my Air Miles for groceries. I like the cashier going - oh wow look how many air miles you have. I haven't seen that many points before.

A helpful tip for offers in the PC app - if it’s something you don’t often buy or isn’t useful to you, you can open the offer and select “don’t show again” and you will start getting more offers based on what you actually buy.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is literally the only place I get my Air Miles from right now.

I think it is time to cash out my Air Miles stash for airfare to Hawaii

Short what I need for an extra trip planned either 2023/ 2034 so I'm going to see what I can do over the next few months ,,,
I may end up crashing them in for local trips (hotels).
Crashed in all of my son's cash airmiles for Starbucks GC last night.

Hawaii sounds great.🌺
Hugs Hon
Mel

Did they say when when they are leaving?

I am assuming Lawton's Drugs will leave as well since they are under the Sobeys family.

The only place I can see me being able to use Cash miles at will be Shell. I'm thinking maybe I should not renew my BMO AM World Elite MC in November and switch to an Optimum credit card.

Scene+ starts in August I believe? Lawton's is listed as well, yes.

Did they say when when they are leaving?

I am assuming Lawton's Drugs will leave as well since they are under the Sobeys family.

The only place I can see me being able to use Cash miles at will be Shell. I'm thinking maybe I should not renew my BMO AM World Elite MC in November and switch to an Optimum credit card.
Sobeys posted this on their web page
AIR MILES will continue to be available at Sobeys and its affiliated banners in Atlantic Canada until August 11, 2022. You can continue to collect Miles at hundreds of in store and online brands. Visit airmiles.ca for a full list of AIR MILES partners and offers.

I cancelled my BMO credit card a month ago,, just not collecting enough Airmiles with it.

I might think about a new no fee Visa from Scotia if the whole Scene+ looks workable for me.

Hugs Mel

oh this is terrible... I guess I have to look into how AM translates into Expedia gift cards... :(
we were in PC Superstore the other day and husband kept stopping to look at products in different sizes, we will probably switch over there soon...

https://milesopedia.com/en/news/sce...es_that_will_participate_in_the_Scene_program

Shell isn't listed as a store making the jump, but it is a Sobeys-family store in Atlantic Canada. If I can't even regularly cash out my miles for gas, I don't see the point in even having Cash miles. I might as well convert back to Dreams. By the time Universal opens it's new park (summer 2025), maybe I will have enough miles for a couple of tickets LOL

This news is disheartening. I rarely shop Metro, and the whole Air Miles is getting difficult to earn much aside from the BMO card and Shell at this point. I guess I'll start my Christmas shopping with my dream miles and using up my cash miles. For some reason I've never used the Scene card, although I think my kids did at one point. I'll have a lot to weigh. I can't stand trying to wade through umpteen rewards programs, which is why I like PC Optimum and AirMiles as they covered a myriad of stores that I use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter