Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So I'm annoyed....and so early this morning! I asked DH to take my car for gas yesterday. He did BUT it did not show up on the AM app. That has never happened before. That's 50 for the 5th fill up and 30 for the flash offer that I'm not getting. Ok, not a huge deal and yes I've had bigger problems this week.......

Got my Tim's coffee and I am back home.

I will say I am shocked at some of the prices at Metro.
I ended up with about 1/2 of what I wanted ,,,just couldn't make myself buy some of the things I saw at the
current price tag. I know I can get better prices elsewhere.
-----------------------------------
Total earned
45 bonus Miles
7 base x 40= 280 Airmiles for Max Pass.
Spend 20$ get 50 Airmiles Bonus offer

Did get some great strawberries for $2.44 pkg.(They were flying off the shelf).
🍓 🍓

Last edited:
Got my Tim's coffee and I am back home.

I will say I am shocked at some of the prices at Metro.
I ended up with about 1/2 of what I wanted ,,,just couldn't make myself buy some of the things I saw at the
current price tag. I know I can get better prices elsewhere.
-----------------------------------
Total earned
45 bonus Miles
7 base x 40= 280 Airmiles for Max Pass.
Spend 20$ get 50 Airmiles Bonus offer

Did get some great strawberries for $2.44 pkg.(They were flying off the shelf).
🍓 🍓
We went to Costco this morning for a rare big shop. For the first time, I found their regular prices were better than the other grocery stores pretty much across the board. Before when I would compare per unit, often the "loss leader" pricing at the regular grocery stores would win out for a number of items.

Not sure if this has been reported yet so I will go ahead and post it. Might be old news.
I received an email from BMO for a new perk with the Elite MC.

your BMO® AIR MILES®† World Elite®† Mastercard®* is your key to exclusive savings and extra Bonus Miles.​
a52902f7-9354-4bba-a09a-be5336b99d6e.png
Fueling up? Save 7¢ per litre when you fill up with Shell V-Power® NiTRO+ premium fuel or 2¢ per litre on all other fuels when you pay with your BMO credit card.1

Not sure how this would work. Maybe a credit to the CC on the statement? I think I had this as an special offer once before and that was how it worked.

Not sure if this has been reported yet so I will go ahead and post it. Might be old news.
I received an email from BMO for a new perk with the Elite MC.

your BMO® AIR MILES®† World Elite®† Mastercard®* is your key to exclusive savings and extra Bonus Miles.​

a52902f7-9354-4bba-a09a-be5336b99d6e.png
Fueling up? Save 7¢ per litre when you fill up with Shell V-Power® NiTRO+ premium fuel or 2¢ per litre on all other fuels when you pay with your BMO credit card.1

Not sure how this would work. Maybe a credit to the CC on the statement? I think I had this as an special offer once before and that was how it worked.
So I did this and it comes off the price at the pump. I did CAA, then Air Miles number, then BMO mastercard, and the pump reset to be 5 cents lower per litre.

So I'm annoyed....and so early this morning! I asked DH to take my car for gas yesterday. He did BUT it did not show up on the AM app. That has never happened before. That's 50 for the 5th fill up and 30 for the flash offer that I'm not getting. Ok, not a huge deal and yes I've had bigger problems this week.......
Mine took a lot longer to show up than usual.

So I did this and it comes off the price at the pump. I did CAA, then Air Miles number, then BMO mastercard, and the pump reset to be 5 cents lower per litre.
Mine didn’t but I used the Shell app so maybe that’s the difference? Still used my MC but through the app.

went to Metro this afternoon, fully expecting it to feel like we'd stepped into mad max at the Thunderdome but were pleasantly surprised by the experience! Parking lot wasn't bad, they had every till open, shelves were well stocked, overall, it was better than most of our weekly trips!

The max pass will generate 560 miles, I'll pause while you do the math 🤪 we keep a running list of things that rarely go on sale to get added to the cart when there's a threshold spend but I must admit, this was a record for us! Things we needed included razor blades, washing machine and dishwasher cleaning tablets (our water is extremely hard), laundry products, my safe snacks, Skim milk powder (gawd that's $$$$)

not as good as the dollarama one but I'll take it , made our trip over the 1 : 1 ratio we aim for.

@dancin Disney style Thanks for posting this! I checked and I only have 3 out of 5 fills completed. Normally it's no issue to hit the 5. We will go out tonight and get both our cars filled.

@dancin Disney style Thanks for posting this! I checked and I only have 3 out of 5 fills completed. Normally it's no issue to hit the 5. We will go out tonight and get both our cars filled.
Where can you see how many you have completed? Is it just the receipts?

Nevermind I see I only have two. Part of the problem is that I didn't get the option to opt in until after March 2 which was the big payday, so that one is missing.

Where can you see how many you have completed? Is it just the receipts?

Nevermind I see I only have two. Part of the problem is that I didn't get the option to opt in until after March 2 which was the big payday, so that one is missing.

I was looking for the offer on the Shell app and happened to notice it specifies how many times/fill-ups I have completed. That was a neat feature I didn't know about. This was the first time I needed to fill up with my new vehicle, so I had no trouble hitting 30L (and beyond). Then my husband put 31L in his car so I was able to get the two remaining completed.

I just checked my Shell app curious to see if the offer would show all 5 completed. The offer no longer shows. However, I see a Pump Up Your Miles offer that I had opted into. Get up to 100 air miles bonus miles (March 25-31). It says Get 1 air mile bonus mile for every litre (and for every $1 spent in-store), up to 100 bonus miles.

Cool - so I hit 5 fill-ups in a month for 150 air miles, plus 80 air miles (80.2L between both cars tonight) for 230 air miles.

Thank you again @dancin Disney style!!

Funny side-note: we thought something was wrong with the Tucson's fuel door and that I would have to bring it back to the dealer tomorrow. My husband could not get the fuel door to push open! Like I said - first time filling it. Another driver saw this and yelled out, is your car locked? Well, yeah, I locked it as I left my cell phone inside. Turns out if the vehicle is locked, so is the fuel door! OMG. I'm so glad he said something. I would have looked like a complete idiot at Hyundai tomorrow! :rotfl2: No car we have owned in the past required the car to be unlocked.

Yesterday we discovered the back seats are heated after telling the two kids they aren't. :blush:

I wonder what we'lll discover next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter