Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I did the new receipts offer today. Bought 1 kiwi and earned 3 miles for it and 50 miles for the bonus so 53 miles ($5.53) for a $1.25 purchase. The receipt loaded perfectly and the points posted to the account right away.
For the other account I got the dreaded we are working on it note. This receipt had lots of stuff on it and it came up with the we are working on it but I know that I will get those points but may have to fight for the hot dogs as they came up as Schneiders footlong with no mention of the word hot dog. I actually bought a kiwi, package of hot dogs and my brother bought Tofu (yuck) and that should earn me some points as well. Not a bad haul.
If you don't like Tofu you haven't have it prepared properly. You have to freeze it, then thaw and press out all the water. After that it will have the texture of chicken and whatever flavour you give it.

If you don't like Tofu you haven't have it prepared properly. You have to freeze it, then thaw and press out all the water. After that it will have the texture of chicken and whatever flavour you give it.

That makes it even less appealing for me! I loath chicken (allergic now which is awesome 😅) and can't have any seasoning other than salt. That stuff just makes me shudder

That makes it even less appealing for me! I loath chicken (allergic now which is awesome 😅) and can't have any seasoning other than salt. That stuff just makes me shudder
If Tofu is something you can eat you should try it. It is literally a blank canvas, has really no taste of it's own ....it takes on any flavour you give it. The trick is getting all the water out. You can crumble it, cube it or slice it.

I say chicken because I prepare it in place of chicken....sweet & sour, lemon & garlic, honey garlic etc. I should have said it has a meaty texture.

It's crazy cheap too. One block costs $2 and will feed the three of us.

Question about Metro.

Did anyone get a *My Offer either via Airmiles website or the APP* for this past week.
I usually do get one but not last week.
I just wondered if Metro is stopping them in preparation of their dept from Airmiles?

Thanks
Hugs Mel

Just finished my first physio and really tuckered out so I thought I would catch up here.
First, Happy Birthday Ottawamom! It's cake day so enjoy!!
Second, my FB group just posted this blurb about the new inaugural CC gifts for the Treasure. I'm not really impressed with the items, they seem kind of dull but maybe that was the plan. The wet/dry bag from our sailings last year was so bright and cute. I know everyone is always wanting a new bag so many will enjoy these. Wondering what everyone else thinks.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. I've spent my day with my furbaby and fur-grandbaby. Trying to get my fur-baby tired enough that he will sleep through the night again. That's a whole other volume of drama.

Currently searching up Alaska cruises for early September. I know nothing about cruising so it's a bit of a learning curve. I think I have the one I want picked out. I just need to figure out a bunch of the other details before I go to my in-laws travel agent to book it. I would rather book it myself but it's my first time so I'll go with a pro (this time).

Well today was the day.
I have been thinking about space and my lack of it,,,,,
I have a unheated storage locker in my garage but ceramics can not be safely stored there.
I decided to part way with my Grinch Village 6 months ago but promised myself and sons that I would give it 6 months to think about it.
Within 3 hrs I sold it today and am in one sense sad but in another so happy to have somewhere to hang coats,, store vacuum cleaner and step stool.
All is not lost as I still have a snowman train set that requires lots of set up ,,,, love and space.
It stores well in the locker.

Now yesterday I had a flood in my kitchen ceiling which is going to require all my time ,,strength and positivity for awhile.
The leak is clamped and more than half the ceiling gone along with some damage to my kitchen cupboards.
Drywall mess is the worst.
So time to think upon all the good things I have and March on.
Thanks for Friends!!!

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. I've spent my day with my furbaby and fur-grandbaby. Trying to get my fur-baby tired enough that he will sleep through the night again. That's a whole other volume of drama.

Currently searching up Alaska cruises for early September. I know nothing about cruising so it's a bit of a learning curve. I think I have the one I want picked out. I just need to figure out a bunch of the other details before I go to my in-laws travel agent to book it. I would rather book it myself but it's my first time so I'll go with a pro (this time).
A Cruise!!!
So exciting ,
Hugs Mel

I respect the idea of tofu and would love to try it, properly prepared, but I hear "tofu" and I think Everybody Loves Raymond and tofu turkey. :rotfl:Everybody Loves Raymond No Fat (TV Episode 1998) - IMDbEverybody Loves Raymond No Fat (TV Episode 1998) - IMDb862 × 484
My sister goes through phases of being vegetarian, or GF, or whatever, and I remember one year my mom made a tofurkey along with a crustless pumpkin pie. Yum. (Yet my sister devoured my meatballs at our next meal) lmao

Well today was the day.
I have been thinking about space and my lack of it,,,,,
I have a unheated storage locker in my garage but ceramics can not be safely stored there.
I decided to part way with my Grinch Village 6 months ago but promised myself and sons that I would give it 6 months to think about it.
Within 3 hrs I sold it today and am in one sense sad but in another so happy to have somewhere to hang coats,, store vacuum cleaner and step stool.
All is not lost as I still have a snowman train set that requires lots of set up ,,,, love and space.
It stores well in the locker.

Now yesterday I had a flood in my kitchen ceiling which is going to require all my time ,,strength and positivity for awhile.
The leak is clamped and more than half the ceiling gone along with some damage to my kitchen cupboards.
Drywall mess is the worst.
So time to think upon all the good things I have and March on.
Thanks for Friends!!!
Oh no. I hope you are able to get it fixed quickly and affordably. It's so hard to find anyone where we are to do stuff. Lack of trades people mean $$$$$ to do anything. Yes, focus on the positive.

As for your Grinch Village, I'm sure a family will have many more years of enjoyment. I know you've taken pictures of it, so you'll have to get a nice print done up and hang it on your wall every Christmas now instead.

Just finished my first physio and really tuckered out so I thought I would catch up here.
First, Happy Birthday Ottawamom! It's cake day so enjoy!!
Second, my FB group just posted this blurb about the new inaugural CC gifts for the Treasure. I'm not really impressed with the items, they seem kind of dull but maybe that was the plan. The wet/dry bag from our sailings last year was so bright and cute. I know everyone is always wanting a new bag so many will enjoy these. Wondering what everyone else thinks.
I like them ....but maybe that's because I won't be getting any of them :rotfl2:

sure the miles for using the receipt scanning never post immediately for me, but I've never had any not post perfectly. I put a little arrow beside each item on the receipt that qualifies, submit it and then wait a few days. Only surprises have been them picking up on items i wasn't aware of! Also to answer someone's question about getting targeted threshold offers from metro, yup still happening for my and they're consistent in posting. Hubby shopped on Sunday
Screenshot_20240508_080648_Chrome.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter