Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

It may not be as empty as you might expect it to be at 9 AM on a Saturday, but it won't be too crowded either. At most, you might add 5-10 minutes to a best case scenario drive, unless there happened to be a bad accident, in which case you would want to look at an alternative route.

If you're talking about $60/person extra to fly into O.C., then there's no question that LAX is a better option. If you're going to need a car, you'll have lots of choices of places at LAX.

Hi DISers!

Hubby surprised me with a quick trip next weekend for the holidays next Saturday & I'm trying to decide which airport to fly into? SNA from Phoenix would mean we land at 9:25am but the flight is $60 more expensive OR fly into LAX & take a shuttle or get a rental car (which we need anyway to visit family & a client later that weekend) on a flight arriving at 8:15am then drive to Disneyland directly?

I would gladly pay $60 to avoid LAX. This is one of life’s easier decisions! Haha

Hi DISers!

Hubby surprised me with a quick trip next weekend for the holidays next Saturday & I'm trying to decide which airport to fly into? SNA from Phoenix would mean we land at 9:25am but the flight is $60 more expensive OR fly into LAX & take a shuttle or get a rental car (which we need anyway to visit family & a client later that weekend) on a flight arriving at 8:15am then drive to Disneyland directly?
Another vote to spend the money for SNA. $60 per person is not a huge investment for the convenience, comfort, and extra sanity. If this is a quick getaway with your husband, I would not hesitate to invest the extra money to make this trip as comfortable as possible for the short time that you have together. You can make up some savings at DLR by sharing meals, drinking the free cups of ice water, and sharing treats.

I would like some input...
So we will arrive Nov 27 at LAX (day before thanksgiving)
I planned to simply use DRE again (used it last year and liked it)
Since I like to do a thorough research I just checked rates for supershuttle. If I choose the “Execucar Business express” I would pay pretty much the same price for my group of 3 as I would pay for DRE. But it would be a direct and non-shared ride... that does sound tempting... and I am a little worried about traffic one day before a mayor holiday (we arrive at LAX 1:30PM so it will be fun for sure...)

I have never used anything like that. So any advice and experiences are welcome...
It says 4 passengers and 4 bags in total. So I assume 3 large checked bags (inside regular airline restrictions of course) along carry on bags should work?
Those execucars shouldn’t be affect by LaxIt and still pickup curbside outside of baggage claim?
And a question about scheduling the pick ups. You put in all your arrival data online but we’ll have to go through immigration so all bets are off on this one (between 30 min and 2h+ everything is possible) Does any one know how that works?
For the return trip to LAX I guess I could just choose an earlier flight to allow enough time at the airport (yes I know... I am chicken hearted)
Any other general feedback about that Execucar business express option from super shuttle? or things I should know?

Another vote to spend the money for SNA. $60 per person is not a huge investment for the convenience, comfort, and extra sanity. If this is a quick getaway with your husband, I would not hesitate to invest the extra money to make this trip as comfortable as possible for the short time that you have together. You can make up some savings at DLR by sharing meals, drinking the free cups of ice water, and sharing treats.
Yes we decided to come in on Saturday at 9:25 into SNA. Now do find a hotel for Saturday night! Any suggestions that might be available? Just would like something sort of close but doesn’t necessarily need to be walkable & a free breakfast would be nice:)

Can anyone with good knowledge of this new program summarize for me since I have never been to LAX-what cars do NOT need to use the LAX-it lot?

We have booked with Prime Time Shuttle and on their website it talks about theLAX-it lot but I just spoke with them through chat and they say we do not need to use it because we have booked a private vehicle they will still pick us up curbside. I am just a little leary and thinking of cancelling and going with another company because I don't want the headache on arrival day

Can anyone with good knowledge of this new program summarize for me since I have never been to LAX-what cars do NOT need to use the LAX-it lot?

We have booked with Prime Time Shuttle and on their website it talks about theLAX-it lot but I just spoke with them through chat and they say we do not need to use it because we have booked a private vehicle they will still pick us up curbside. I am just a little leary and thinking of cancelling and going with another company because I don't want the headache on arrival day

Only Uber/Lyft and taxis have been moved to the off site lot.

Flew in today Saturday. Landed at 11am I decided to use super shuttle business express because the Uber/Lyft issues. We were at our hotel at 12:00 things could not have went smoother so glad I decided to switch.

Yes we decided to come in on Saturday at 9:25 into SNA. Now do find a hotel for Saturday night! Any suggestions that might be available? Just would like something sort of close but doesn’t necessarily need to be walkable & a free breakfast would be nice:)
Check this recent thread for ideas: Cost-efficient hotels -- ask questions in that thread. Also check Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, and Hotwire.

Last edited:
Can you walk to the rideshare area from the terminals at LAX or do you have to take the shuttle? How frequent is the shuttle?

We're flying into LAX on Jet Blue. How close is their terminal to the Uber pickup location? We are a party of three. Would another form of transport to DLR be more cost efficient/quicker? Arriving the Saturday before Christmas if that makes a difference.

We're flying into LAX on Jet Blue. How close is their terminal to the Uber pickup location? We are a party of three. Would another form of transport to DLR be more cost efficient/quicker? Arriving the Saturday before Christmas if that makes a difference.
Lanskys can pick you up at your terminal. Less hassle. Possibly faster. They’ll take you to a store too. Or you could get another shuttle service. They are allowed to get you at arrivals.

Disneyland Resort Express is fairly cheap but only doesn’t go super early or in the evening.

yeah our flight gets in pretty late... I'm guessing our best option is to just rideshare, it probably won't be so hectic late at night, and we're an easy walk from the Southwest terminal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter