Airport security & medical alert bracelets

tbelfonti

Courage is not the lack of fear. It is acting in s
Anyone have a problem with the airport security thing going off because of a medical alert bracelet?

DD9months has heart defects and wears a Medic Alert bracelet on her ankle (I know, I know. It should be on her wrist but she's only 9 months old and would chew on it :eww)

I leave the bracelet on ALL the time and never take it off - do you think this will set off the alarms? Should I just mention it to them before I carry her through?

Just curious to see what others have done...

Thanks!

tbelfonti said:
Anyone have a problem with the airport security thing going off because of a medical alert bracelet?

DD9months has heart defects and wears a Medic Alert bracelet on her ankle (I know, I know. It should be on her wrist but she's only 9 months old and would chew on it :eww)

I leave the bracelet on ALL the time and never take it off - do you think this will set off the alarms? Should I just mention it to them before I carry her through?

Just curious to see what others have done...

Thanks!

It shouldnt make the alarm go off. The zipper on your jeans doesnt and my jewlery doesnt and im sure its not some super large chain on her ankle. I think you should be fine- Leave it on and if it goes off you can show it to them.

My dad used to collect and wear large belt buckles, and he often set the alarms off. He usually ended up taking his belt off and placing it in the basket provided, and then going through.
Why he always had to wear the buckles when he knew it would trigger the alarm I don't know :confused3 !
So I think you could just leave it on and try. If it triggers the alarm, they will tell you what to do next.

I don't think it will trigger the alarm because of the type of metal it is. I don't know by experience because DD doesn't go thru the scanner. Because she can't walk, her wheelchair is taken around the scanner and then they do a manual inspection.
If it does, like the others said, you just show it to them and they will instruct you what to do.

PS. I think for a baby, around the ankle is fine. Health Care Workers will find it there if they need it.

Hiya

I wear a medi alert bracelet all the time, I have never set the alarm off at the airport so dont worry about it, plus if it does go off its easy to explain

Just one more reassurance that it won't be a problem. Our son has been wearing either a necklace or bracelet since 1988 and has never had any problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter