Airtran changing schedules RIGHT NOW ..2ND TIME..CHECK YOUR FLIGHTS

Trentmom

<font color=red>A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas
I booked my airfare back in April for my October trip, flying from Philadelphia to Orlando on Airtran in October.

I picked the earliest nonstop flight going and the latest nonstop coming back.

I have been super paranoid and have been checking my flights every 2-3 days

So far so good, until just now:worried:

My going down flight is still there, adjusted by 3 mins, no biggie.

But I did notice that a lot of flights were missing. Most of the nonstop flights going down were pulled as well.

I went to check my return flight and it was cancelled:(

I called up and asked about it and she told me Well, it was probably full, so they pulled it:confused:

I asked her to please check for me very nicely and sure enough it was canceled:scared1:

She said it looks like they are working on schedule changes right now and had not gotten to my name yet to contact me.

She said they would probably put me on the flight that was an hour before my originally scheduled flight and that was a connecting flight.

So, I told her nicely that a layover would not work for us as we are traveling with a 4 yr old and she put us on the latest nonstop they have, which is 4hrs earlier than we had planned on leaving :(

I also had paid for assigned seats and let her know. Those same seats were available on the plane, so she put us on there.

So I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, as I am sure you all know with the way airline industry is right now, to make sure you are constantly checking your flights, so you dont get stuck with a flight that will not work for you.

:goodvibes

My DN15 & DN10's flight for early November was pushed out 45 minutes, presumably to make up for a later flight that was canceled(?). 45 minutes less time at WDW, so not a significant concern. Hopefully that's the last change.

Our flights for October (booked in February) have also changed. Our out bound flight had a connection through Atlanta. It left at 12:36 and arrived in MCO at 6:31. It had a one hour layover. Now we have to leave at around 11 but have a three hour layover!

Our return flight we were able to get a non stop but it is now leaving 3 hours earlier. We had ADR at Kona Cafe for 10 so may have to change that now.

Do you think there is any chance I could get moved to the nonstop on the outbound because the flight changed so much?!?! Don't know if it's even worth trying. It will probably change again before we go. I am just happy they are still flying and the flights have not been cancelled!!

Laura

I noticed last night that they had changed the schedules. I doubt we will fly Airtran again. They've taken away all non stops from KC EXCEPT for Saturdays, and we never travel on Sat. The flight times are just not ideal anymore, especially after last nights changes. I have to call them because the return flights they put us on has us leaving Orlando at 3-something in the afternoon, arriving in Atlanta at 4-something, but then leaving Atlanta at 3-somthing :confused3 Don't think we can make that connection! lol

I noticed last night that they had changed the schedules. I doubt we will fly Airtran again.

Take a read through these boards. You will not be able to book with an airline that is not changing schedules, except perhaps for Southwest.

Take a read through these boards. You will not be able to book with an airline that is not changing schedules, except perhaps for Southwest.

THanks, i'm aware of that :lmao: Like I said, Airtrans schedules are not ideal, that's why I doubt i'll book them again. And the fact that they don't have non stops except for Sat anymore through my airport. It's not the fact that they change schedules, all airlines do that.

Airtran has changed our schedule- we are doing Saturdays from Indy. Our original nonstop was removed so we were put on an earlier nonstop (to our benefit). I check daily- guess paranoid like everyone since we were NOT notified of the change. Last night I noticed our outbound flight was leaving 1/2 hour earlier- giving us more time in the park our first day. I noticed this morning another change of 10 mintues on our departure flight (leaving later)- again no biggie. The only issue I have is if the nonstops are cancelled. We will stick it out- and hope for the best until September!

We booked Airtran (through Disney) in May. We asked for the same non-stop flights we always take. Flight down was no problem, but returning they were not showing the non-stop available even though it was on airtrans site just like always.

We just let them put us on connecting through Atlanta on return, but would cause for slightly earlier return from Disney -not really a big deal. Then noticed a week or so later Airtran had changed flight times to where our connection from Atlanta home was leaving before we actually arrived in Atlanta!

Called Disney to point this out and they looked it up and said we were changed on return ( to the non-stop we usually take and had originally requested )

Got a letter from Disney approx. 2 weeks after the call stating change.
Worked out well for us, but will continue to check before flight so no surprises!

Sure glad we booked when we did because the exact same flights we paid $838 for are now $2116. Can still get 1-stops for approx. same as we paid, but the less expensive options on our flight down have been removed, and there have been several increases on all the flights since early May.

I just want to let you folks know that as far as the missing flights from Orlando to Philadelphia, they are not missing or non existent. They are fully booked! I also check my flights regularly to see if the price goes down or the schedule changes. Yes I too did freak out a little since we are on the 12:05pm from MCO to PHL nonstop and that is the earliest since we are coming off the Cruise Line that day. Any earlier and we would probably not make the flight.

First, I checked my account on Airtran's website and my flight and seat assignments were still there. Second I called them directly and they said that the flight was still there, just full.

So those of you in my boat, if you want to confirm the missing flights, call Airtran first before you have a heart attack.

Good luck!

While some flights may just be full. AirTran has cancelled Flight 4 (MCO-PHL 8:30 pm departure) for some dates (Oct 6 being one).

I check my itinerary periodically to see what is up. I checked again an hour ago and it still showed #4 . . . but when I went to the on-line reservation, the flight wasn't there. I then called and discovered that the flight made been pulled. Fortunately, I rebooked on a n/s leaving MCO at 5pm.

Thanks for the heads up!

I've tried to call Airtran to check flights three times this morning and it just rings. No answer.

When I check our itinerary on the web site, our flights are still the same, but they aren't listed when I do a search. Arrg. I'll try to hold off on the heart attack.

DisFlan

I've tried to call Airtran to check flights three times this morning and it just rings. No answer.

When I check our itinerary on the web site, our flights are still the same, but they aren't listed when I do a search. Arrg. I'll try to hold off on the heart attack.

DisFlan

I've called twice this morning....1800-AIR-TRAN...both times my call has been picked up just as soon as I finish all the prompts.

I just finished up taking care of the latest changes made. The lady was quite surprised when she saw what we were switched to. She said both were illegal connections. Anyway, it worked out for the better, we arrive 2 hours earlier, and leaving our flight doesn't go until around 6, so we get more time then too.

Our flights for October (booked in February) have also changed. Our out bound flight had a connection through Atlanta. It left at 12:36 and arrived in MCO at 6:31. It had a one hour layover. Now we have to leave at around 11 but have a three hour layover!

Our return flight we were able to get a non stop but it is now leaving 3 hours earlier. We had ADR at Kona Cafe for 10 so may have to change that now.

Do you think there is any chance I could get moved to the nonstop on the outbound because the flight changed so much?!?! Don't know if it's even worth trying. It will probably change again before we go. I am just happy they are still flying and the flights have not been cancelled!!

Laura

WOW....3 hr layover......:scared1:

I noticed last night that they had changed the schedules. I doubt we will fly Airtran again. They've taken away all non stops from KC EXCEPT for Saturdays, and we never travel on Sat. The flight times are just not ideal anymore, especially after last nights changes. I have to call them because the return flights they put us on has us leaving Orlando at 3-something in the afternoon, arriving in Atlanta at 4-something, but then leaving Atlanta at 3-somthing :confused3 Don't think we can make that connection! lol

yeah, don't think that is going to work :laughing:

While some flights may just be full. AirTran has cancelled Flight 4 (MCO-PHL 8:30 pm departure) for some dates (Oct 6 being one).

I check my itinerary periodically to see what is up. I checked again an hour ago and it still showed #4 . . . but when I went to the on-line reservation, the flight wasn't there. I then called and discovered that the flight made been pulled. Fortunately, I rebooked on a n/s leaving MCO at 5pm.

Thanks for the heads up!

That is the flight we were on, except on Oct 7th. It was definitely cancelled:furious:

DisFlan

I got no answer when I hit the prompt to check flights. It eventualy hung up on me.

So, I called back and hit the prompt to change flight and that was answered almost immediately

off to look at my flight now

:surfweb:

I just want to let you folks know that as far as the missing flights from Orlando to Philadelphia, they are not missing or non existent. They are fully booked! I also check my flights regularly to see if the price goes down or the schedule changes. Yes I too did freak out a little since we are on the 12:05pm from MCO to PHL nonstop and that is the earliest since we are coming off the Cruise Line that day. Any earlier and we would probably not make the flight.

First, I checked my account on Airtran's website and my flight and seat assignments were still there. Second I called them directly and they said that the flight was still there, just full.

So those of you in my boat, if you want to confirm the missing flights, call Airtran first before you have a heart attack.

Good luck!

You might want to check that again if you are referring to the 12:05 pm flight on October 12th. I called about an hour ago and the agent I spoke this was showing this flight as canceled. The flights I had choice of are the one departing at 11:19 am or 3:24 pm. I told her that I would have to think about it and call her back as the 11:19 might be cutting it close post cruise and the later might not work for us as we have a 2 1/2 hour drive after departing PHL to home.
What to do...what to do :confused3

Momto2inKC said:
I have to call them because the return flights they put us on has us leaving Orlando at 3-something in the afternoon, arriving in Atlanta at 4-something, but then leaving Atlanta at 3-somthing Don't think we can make that connection! lol
Leave it to the airlines to defy the laws of time and space!!!
I just finished up taking care of the latest changes made. The lady was quite surprised when she saw what we were switched to. She said both were illegal connections.
Interesting.... illegal (and yes, I know what that means in relation to flight connections), but no mention at all of impossible? :teeth:

Maybe they are now including one of those Harry Potter time turner things in your reservation.

Oh crap. They changed our flights too. Im glad I checked. Havent heard from them yet. Our 8:10 am departure is now 1:38 and our 3:52 return is now 1:38. So we're losing a day when we get there. Now, if we wanted to change these flights - do they charge since they made the first change?

Another question - looking at the schedule -- do all the dashes mean theyve gotten rid of those flights? Why do they still show fares in the upper end (business & reg coach)????

Air Tran always has just one nonstop flight from DFW to MCO and from MCO back to Dallas. Those are the flights I booked for our Sept trip. I just went online to check and both flights are gone, but each were replaced with another nonstop flight with a different flight number and a different time. I called and had the rep check and sure enough my original flights have been "grounded" and "no longer exists". She asked me what I wanted her to do and I told her I wanted on the two new nonstop flights. Because I had booked them with a voucher, she had to have a manager override them and let me have what was now more expensive seats. I also had paid for assigned seats, so they had to be reassigned, but at least we all three are still sitting together. My flight going to MCO now gets into Orlando ten minutes later, but my flight coming home leaves three hours earlier.:mad: Anyway Flight# 111 out of DFW on Sept 6th and Flight# 115 out of MCO on Sept 14th have been canceled.

Okaaaayyy - I finally got through to Airtran. They had CANCELLED (thank you for telling me) our nonstop flights out of Kansas City and moved us to REALLY awful night flights with long layovers. I cancelled and got the money back.

I (quick like a bunny) went over to the SWA site and booked nonstop flights that are only a couple of hours different than the original Airtran flights had been. Not exactly what we wanted, but close enough. And saved nearly $90. And we won't have bag or seat charges, so the savings are actually quite a bit more. So all in all, I think it's worked out for the better. Whew.

Now I hope SW doesn't start changing stuff all over the map, but I do feel a little safer with them.

And thanks for the heads up about the changes! Buh-bye Airtran.

DisFlan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter