ak - Jambo

I'm told we'll be in the jambo house savannah view...where-ever that may be. I'm looking @ the mailing that was sent out as to the sections highlighted in white, red & blue.:confused: Have never been to the resort. Anyone know which section or section(s) this entails...or have a link?

Just to clarify, (or to confuse even more), the term flat screen TV can be misleading.

A flat screen TV could still be one that has a regular picture tube (that's flat), or a projection TV with a flat screen.

AKV is putting in flat panel TV's. Flat panel TV's are thin TV's, usually LCD or Plasma.

All flat panel TV's are flat screen, but not all flat screen TV's are flat panel TV's.

Final note, not all Flat Panel TV's are high definition. Many are ED which stands for Enhanced Definition, and only has the resolution of a current older TV.

Also HD TV's come in different resolutions. Cheaper sets will not have full HD, but a lower quality HD. If the resolution is less than 1080 then it's not the highest definition available.

Just FYI.

thanks Bill - so what is DVC using in AKV and is it for ALL the villas no matter where they are located?

Just to clarify, (or to confuse even more), the term flat screen TV can be misleading.

A flat screen TV could still be one that has a regular picture tube (that's flat), or a projection TV with a flat screen.

AKV is putting in flat panel TV's. Flat panel TV's are thin TV's, usually LCD or Plasma.

All flat panel TV's are flat screen, but not all flat screen TV's are flat panel TV's.

Final note, not all Flat Panel TV's are high definition. Many are ED which stands for Enhanced Definition, and only has the resolution of a current older TV.

Hah, just to confuse everyone further, if they're installing flat panel HDTVs but sending regular definition (SDTV) signals to them through cable, which I suspect they are, the picture will actually look crappier than the old tube TVs (unless the sets have excellent scalers, which they almost definitely won't).

Also HD TV's come in different resolutions. Cheaper sets will not have full HD, but a lower quality HD. If the resolution is less than 1080 then it's not the highest definition available.

Just FYI.

Well no, it's not as simple as that. 1080i, 720p, and 1080p are all perfectly good HDTV resolutions. It's almost universally agreed that 720p is superior to 1080i (more pixels displayed at any given time; great for sports - ESPN broadcasts in 720p), although not as many pixels as 1080p. A good 720p set (in terms of brightness, contrast, etc) will have a much better picture than a crappy or mediocre 1080p set, and the HDTV source material will be 720p or 1080i anyway.

At AKV, I expect crappy flat panels with crappy video quality due to standard definition cable (which is fine by me - I'd rather save maintenance $ than pay for HD signals on vacation :lmao: ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter