Are fireworks the best from the Skyliner?! An April 24 Trip Report - updated 5/08

I have yet to ride EE 🤦‍♀️. Lol! I'm glad your DD loved it! We also loved WE! It truly made our AK day! It sounds like a great day at AK.

HOWEVER, once we got to the soccer store I saw it was right across from Summer House on the Lake and thought I'd just ask if they might have a table for us. It turns out they do keep some for walk ups, so once DH bought his jersey we were sat right away at a pretty good table in the front room next to the front patio. Only complaint is the AC was on high and blowing right at us. We rearranged our seats a bit and it was better.
I am looking forward to trying Summer House in August.
I had the "famous" herbed chicken breast palliard with arugula salad, lemon and calabrian chili. It looked super plain, but was so delish! Everything was well salted, the lemon juice made everything fresh tasting, and the calabrian chili was just a subtle heat at the end of every bite. Would definitely recommend this for a lighter tasting meal.
Looks delicious!
DH had a beer, I think it was the 'daytime'. And the picnic fried chicken basket: boneless white meat, slaw, hickory barbecue sauce, french fries. He was surprised by the huge pieces of chicken, and loved the BBQ sauce, but the chicken was a tad dry. But it was otherwise exactly what he wanted, some fried chicken that was not too heavy or greasy!
That is a huge portion!
This morning we were heading to Epcot! We were skipping Genie+ since we had rode Frozen Ever After the night we were in Epcot, so I thought it'd be smooth sailing hitting Remy 1st and then getting to Test Track. I was up early enough to get a good VQ time for Cosmic Rewind and we left the room fairly early and arrived at the Skyliner line at 7:50. Sadly it was a very busy morning at the Skyliner and the line was long and moved quite slowly. It took us 45 minutes to get to Epcot and we walked in right at 8:35. Unfortunately despite EE starting at 8:30 the line was already 55 minutes posted wait time, so we had to PIVOT! (Yes, it might not have actually been that long, but it did throw me off a bit, I was thinking 30 mins maybe!) Nevertheless we were all in better moods this morning.
The Remy lines fills up very quickly!
Also this morning we were all particularly hungry, and since we were now in umm, whatever that part of "Future World" that is called now and not near either France OR Norway bakeries, we had to PIVOT again and go to Connections Cafe aka Starbucks. We all had breakfast sandwiches and DD also got a cake pop because at this point I wanted to be agreeable to her, haha. We also enjoyed some lattes and a vanilla steamed milk for her since it was a bit more chilly that day.
Happy six years olds make for a happy morning!
I like this ride a lot, my fave scene is below. DH and DD rode together and DH leaned over at one point to ask her if she was following along and she said "I have no idea what's happening here" so I guess they haven't learned much ancient history yet in Grade 1.
No ancient history in grade 1 for sure.
We all LOVED this ride and really wished we could just go back in line and enjoy it again immediately. I was a tiny bit nervous about motion sickness, but I was totally fine and we were all happy screaming and "woo"ing instead of death screaming like Space Mountain...
It's the best ride hands down!
so it felt rushed and busy and I didn't get a pic here either, sadly. But DD and I shared the Tacos del Cameron which were very good! Better than I expected by looking at them. The fruit salsa was a good touch, plus the two salsas to choose from were both good, I alternated, couldn't choose a favourite. DD really likes rice and beans and shrimp, so she was happy with that. DH got the Empanadas which you can't go wrong with! Also grabbed a couple lime frozen margaritas here, not bad!
I don't love the outdoor seating but the food has always been good.
But first we had to make it through Canada (our home country!)... photo op (what kid can resist these?)
Fellow Canadian here and I have to say it is embarrassing how bad the Canadian pavilion is.
I forgot how entertaining this was, even the pre-show was funny! DD was mesmerized by the 3D, she kept peeking under her glasses to see what was really going on! I took a look at the wait times and we had a bit of time to kill before going to Fantasmic, so we hit up Toy Story Midway Mania with a 20 minute wait. Another fun one that we all enjoy. DD chose to sit with DH so I was alone and man I thought I was doing SO GOOD, of course once we finished DH had still beat me and I was still a beaver, but I was proud never the less.
I always love the Muppets!
I feel like it was actually better than my crappy photos let on. This was a quicker exit than our night at Epcot, it wasn't too packed leaving Fantasmic and the park (park closed at the same time as Fantasmic ended). And we pretty much walked right onto the Skyliner. This is when we realized you could see Epcot and Magic Kingdom fireworks (9pm start) from the Skyliner, it was awesome! No pics because we were so mesmerized and trying to figure out which was which. A fun way to end the night. We were back in our room super quick as well. We were all sleeping like logs on this trip, comfy beds + exhaustion.
How fun to see both shows from the Skyliner!
This morning the part opened at 8:30 for EE, 9am for regular. I woke up before 7 again so I could get a Slinky Dog Dash LL, not bad, 9:40am! We were able to get up and to the Skyliner by 8:05am this morning, but the line wasn't nearly as long (or slow) as the day before! We were in HS right around 8:30 as EE was starting. The entrance for EE was straight ahead while not EE people were lining up on the far right. We never waited at all at any of the park entrances (this seems better than at DL where we encountered lines to get in each morning, maybe just our "later" timing here got us in after all the line ups).
Great start to your day!
This is a place I really did my research on. I saw the kids meal was a small portion of breakfast tots, with an extra side of plain tots (!) and a cutie orange, plus a small drink, for $5.99!!! I knew DD would like plain tots, but not the ones with the gravy, so we actually shared this kids meal and a lemon blueberry lunch box tart $4.79. The breakfast bowl was amazing, one of my favourite things I ate this trip. It was super fresh and flavourful, probably because we were there first thing. Also there was tons of seating which I've heard is a bit complaint.
Such a good deal!
This was perfect timing for us to walk into the Frozen Sing-a-long show that I had on my must do list! Oh my gosh, it was SO FUNNY! The part about the dead parents, too much! Haha. DD loved it, she got some of the jokes and liked singing along too. Plus the snow at the end was pretty cool.
I love this show!!!
We strolled over to Docking Bay 7 and it wasn't very busy so we didn't wait too long to order! DD and I shared the adult Endorian Chicken Tip Yip with Mac and Cheese and Broccoli $16.29. This was cheaper than two kids portions and was plenty for us. DD actually really liked everything and came back for more from my plate. It was more food than it looks like here! DH had the Roasted Endorian Chicken Salad which he liked and said was like a greek salad.
Looks good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter