AKL-> Kidani-> 6 Elevators? Names? Community Hall noisy for rooms near it?

WalkingintheFog

DIS Veteran
Yahoo! I'll be at Kidani Village in March!
I'm sizing up that Resort's map to see if I'd like to make a room request or not, but a bit confused regarding the elevators!
Could someone please id them for me?
And confirm if each elevator leads down to the parking area + exterior exit?
And, are there staircases/other exits? (map looks like there might be 2 extra exits for each wing)

..................updated the info as per DRUSBA's intel!

As I see it, the Resort from the North down to the South (ie towards Jambo House) is split roughly like this: --- please correct me if I've got anything wrong, I'll correct my post!

North Bldg/Wing/Trail aka Bldg 1 ?aka Red River Hog Trail??
(2nd Floor Rooms 76xx, 3rd Floor Rooms 77xx, 4th Floor Rooms 78xx, 5th Floor Rooms 79xx).

THE FURTHEST ROOMS FROM JAMBO HOUSE
-Rooms xx82 - xx60 (pods 7, 8, 9)
ELEVATOR (___PUMBA___) & a Stairwell. Parking Garage access, but not outside access--although you can walk thru garage to get to exit.
-Rooms xx59 - xx34 (pods 4, 5, 6)
STAIRWELL ....EXIT to path leading to front of Bldg
-Rooms xx33 - xx24 (pod 3)
ELEVATOR (___RAFIKI____) & a Stairwell, all the way to Parking Garage & outside access. Closest exit to the Pool (fenced in, with a gate)
-Rooms xx23 - xx04 or xx00 (pods 1, 2)
ELEVATOR (___No name....Let's call it LOBBY NORTH ELEVATOR__).....(Exit at main lobby, 2nd floor))
LOBBY.................OUTSIDE ACCESS! It is the main door!, and also has stairs to the lower level for Restaurant Sanaa...
South Bldg/Wing/Trail aka Bldg 2 ?aka Giraffe Trail?
(2nd Floor Rooms 72xx, 3rd Floor Rooms 73xx, 4th Floor Rooms 74xx, 5th Floor Rooms 75xx).

ELEVATOR (___No name....Let's call it LOBBY SOUTH ELEVATOR__)...(Exit at main lobby, 2nd floor)
2nd Floor Community Hall
Rooms xx00 or xx04 - xx10 (Pod 1)
2nd Floor EXIT to path leading to front of Bldg Closest Bus Exit
-Rooms xx11 - xx19 (Pod 2)
ELEVATOR (___TIMON____)& a Stairwell, all the way to Parking Garage & outside access to a path for parking garage, back to lobby & to Jambo House. But, due to wall lining the bus area, it's not a shortcut to the bus as you might thinkg!
-Rooms xx20 - xx27 (Pod 3)
??It looks like a staircase here leading to parking garage, and Walkway back to lobby or to Jambo House?
- Rooms xx28- xx44 (Pod 4, 5)
ELEVATOR (___ZAZU____) & a Stairwell, all the way to Parking Garage & outside access. Again, Closest exit to Jambo House
-Rooms xx46 - xx62 or xx64 (Pods 6, 7,8)
- THE END NEAREST JAMBO HOUSE (even tho the nearest exit is probably actually back at the elevator bank)

And the Community Room... are there guest rooms directly above it and next to it? If so, has anyone stayed in such a room & how did you find the noise (during the periods the community room was open)?
........drusba said "I have had a savanna view room fairly close to the community hall area and had no noise issue."

:thanks:
I editted to include 1st reply info from DRUSBA! Thanks!

Last edited:
I am assuming you mean the map found here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg The front entrance faces west towards the bottom of the map and thus the north wing is on the left side and south wing, which runs towards Jambo, is on the right. Those wings, unlike Jambo, have no trail names; the pictures of the animals on the map are just pictures of animals. The elevators are located at the same place as the red AED signs that are shown on the building; there are also stairways in the same location. The elevators on each side of the lobby area before the building pods begin are unnamed. On the north wing, the elevator that is between the second and third pods from the lobby is the Rafiki elevator, the one between the sixth and seventh pods is Pumba. On the south wing, the one between the second and third pods from the lobby is Timon and the one between the fifth and sixth pods is Zazu.

All the elevators run to the ground (first) floor where there is the under-building parking garage, From that garage, you can walk to the outside areas from the Rafiki, Timon and Zazu elevator areas. You cannot do so from Pumba but can walk toward the lobby and get to the outside of the building between the third and fourth pods; you cannot exit the building anywhere between the fourth and ninth pods on the north wing because there is savanna on both sides. You also cannot exit the buidling from the ground floor where the lobby elevators are; instead you exit from the second floor lobby area. The shortest walk from the building to the pool is from the Rafiki elevator to the ground floor; the pool area is a fenced in area and there is an entry gate near where the Rafiki elevator is. The Timon elevator does not really provide ground floor access to the bus station because there is a barrier wall running along the back of the bus station there. The shortest trip to the bus station from the building is via an exit door on the second (lobby level) floor between the first and second pods on the south wing. The Zazu elevator provides exit to the sidewalk heading to Jambo. I have had a savanna view room fairly close to the community hall area and had no noise issue.

Last edited:
Thanks drusha! :worship:
This is the kind of info I was trying to come up with! I'll update my post above, in case if helps other Dissers.

Yes, that's one of the maps I have -- I actually have 2 print copies, that and another that just gives the range of room numbers in North Wing & South Wing. And searching online helped confirm some details, but confused others!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter