AKL to get a sand bottom pool?

aoconnor

WDW Nut
Per a new article on WDWNT: "According to sources close to the matter, this pool will soon have a sand bottom, similar to that of Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts."

This would explain the rather lengthy pool refurbishment of 3 full months. Of course it's just a rumor for now. Wasn't expecting that -hopefully they upgrade the slide as well. This is already my favorite pool at WDW due to the size and lush surroundings.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/09/photos-an...refurbishment-is-a-sand-bottom-pool-imminent/

Per a new article on WDWNT: "According to sources close to the matter, this pool will soon have a sand bottom, similar to that of Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts."

This would explain the rather lengthy pool refurbishment of 3 full months. Of course it's just a rumor for now. Wasn't expecting that -hopefully they upgrade the slide as well. This is already my favorite pool at WDW due to the size and lush surroundings.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/09/photos-an...refurbishment-is-a-sand-bottom-pool-imminent/
Wow, that would be cool..We love SAB! ::yes:::banana:

OP thanks for posting link. Admit to having my fingers crossed while it loaded hoping to see a lazy river lol

I said this somewhere else, but I doubt this rumor. You can't just dump sand into the existing pool and call it good. The way water pumps and filters has to change, and that requires breaking concrete and repour, at least in spots. The shape of the bottom also would need to change.

I don't think the mods necessary are a 3 month cycle.

I said this somewhere else, but I doubt this rumor. You can't just dump sand into the existing pool and call it good. The way water pumps and filters has to change, and that requires breaking concrete and repour, at least in spots. The shape of the bottom also would need to change.

I don't think the mods necessary are a 3 month cycle.

Yeah it's not a simple change. It does seem random so I'm a little skeptical of this one as well. I think a new slide would get a better guest response than a sandy bottom... the one they have is one of the lamest for a deluxe resort and doesn't match the epic scale of the pool.

We r here now & not only the pool but the spas, kiddie pool, pond bty Jiko & the flamigo pond are closed. Looks like total pump system maintenance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter