AKV 2 BR Value - Hard to get?

jelliott04

DIS Veteran
Hi all. Our 11 month window is a month away and when pricing out our trip for 2014 I see that it is only 10 more points to stay in a 2 BR value rather than a 1 BR at Kidani.

Where are the 2 BR Value rooms located?

Are these rooms really hard to get? I remember reading a long time ago about people walking a reservation, but have never needed to. Is that frowned upon by Disney and if not, is that something I should do to get the 2BR Value?

Jen

Hi all. Our 11 month window is a month away and when pricing out our trip for 2014 I see that it is only 10 more points to stay in a 2 BR value rather than a 1 BR at Kidani.

Where are the 2 BR Value rooms located?

Are these rooms really hard to get? I remember reading a long time ago about people walking a reservation, but have never needed to. Is that frowned upon by Disney and if not, is that something I should do to get the 2BR Value?

Jen

Walking a reservation is okay by DVC.

The value villas are all in Jambo House and the two bedroom villas at Jambo House are all lockoffs. You don't get the extra bathroom just off the entrance like in Kidani Village. The value villas also don't have the sleeper chair because they are smaller than the other villas (about three feet shorter in depth).

Walking a reservation is okay by DVC.

Thank you for your reply.

The walked reservation will take 6 more points than the regular reservation, some of which will be borrowed points.

If I walk the reservation, will those 6 points revert back to my account or will they go to holding?

Also, can this all be done online or will I need to call MS?

Thanks.

Points would only going in to holding if you modified or cancelled the reservation with less than 31 days till check-in. You would need to call MS to walk the reservation.

As for the location of the Values, they are along the Giraffe and Ostrich Trails. See the link below for a map of the 5th floor of Jambo House.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

If I walk the reservation, will those 6 points revert back to my account or will they go to holding?

Also, can this all be done online or will I need to call MS?
You would have to call MS because you cannot modify a reservation online. Points go into holding only when you cancel/modify a reservation 30 days or less from your check-in date.

There are only ten Value 2BR lockoffs. Four face the Sunset Savanna, four face the pool area and two face the parking lot.

Points only going in to holding at 30 days to 1 day prior check-in. You would need to call MS to walk the reservation.

As for the location of the Values, they are along the Giraffe and Ostrich Trails. See the link below for a map of the 5th floor of Jambo House.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

Oh wow! Thanks for that link (and the info about the points).

We've stayed with that pool view before and the people in the pool were so loud! We were trying to sleep at night and they were right under our room screaming. I'd rather a Standard view than a pool view I believe.

Jen

Oh wow! Thanks for that link (and the info about the points).

We've stayed with that pool view before and the people in the pool were so loud! We were trying to sleep at night and they were right under our room screaming. I'd rather a Standard view than a pool view I believe.

Jen

At Jambo House, most Standard Views face the Uzima Pool. There are some Standard View rooms that used to be classified as Savanna View, but have been moved to Standard View category. LisaS has a list of many of those reclassified rooms.

You said your 11 month window is a month away. That indicates you will be looking to reserve AKV value for sometime in first half of March. You likely do not need to walk your reservation for a value 2BR. That is a DVC "slow" reserving time of year and the values should be easy to get by just reserving exactly 11 months out.

All DVC rooms at Jambo are on 5th fl (6th for concierge) and thus noise should be less of a factor over the pool. Almost all of the standard rooms at Jambo overlook the pool, only 40% of value rooms do (2 of the 8 2BRs) and you cannot request location for the value rooms (it is luck of the draw). Kidani has no value rooms but its standards can overlook pool area (which is actually quite a ways from the building and thus you hear nothing in the room), the front entrance area and the road leading to the front entrance (which also overlooks the bus stop), and a small number with partial savanna view.

You said your 11 month window is a month away. That indicates you will be looking to reserve AKV value for sometime in first half of March.

beginning of Feb 2014. This is Mardi Gras week so it can get busy but not really busy like President's Week or other holidays.

J

We booked a standard 2-BR at Jambo House only 3 months before arriving this March. It was a rather last minute decision to take the trip, and we were delighted to have availability at both Jambo and Kidani.

You said your 11 month window is a month away. That indicates you will be looking to reserve AKV value for sometime in first half of March.

beginning of Feb 2014. This is Mardi Gras week so it can get busy but not really busy like President's Week or other holidays.

J

February or March? In 2014, Mardi Gras is Tuesday, March 4.

For what it's worth, I was able to get a 2 bedroom value at 7 months for a July trip by wait listing. I was surprised (and happy) that it came through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter