AKV Idea

blossomz

Proud DVC owner since 2002!
My sister and I and our 3 boys always travel together since we bought our points together. We are both single moms and really don't need the large King bed. My boys are now teens and neither of them want to sleep with me or with each other! I know the new AKV have the sleep chair (and we did purchase!!) but I wish some of the rooms at AKV and VWL DVC also offered configurations with bunk beds like in some of the lodge rooms. I actually sent a note on the DVC website and they happily passed it on to the developers since things are still not finalized. I was just wondering if anyone else would be interested in some of the rooms offering this configuration. What do you guys think?:chat:

I don't have any human children but that sounds like a great configuration.
I know that my sister would love that for her kids.
Theo

I can see it being nice for some people and it would be advantageous to those who like bunk beds. If available I would hope that they would go quickly so the chance of someone who would definitely NOT want one would be eliminated. Our family would be really, really unhappy if for some reason we got a room with bunk beds.

Please understand our reasons for this are purely personal. Two years ago my son fell out of a bunk bed, smacked his mouth on the rail, chipped his four front teeth and his face was swollen and a mess for over a week. LOL, poor lil guy looked like he escaped from a Planet of the Apes movie. But since then we are all pretty skiddish of bunk beds.

I absolutely understand! But it would be nice to have the choice..like views.

The more choices, the harder it is to book the rooms.

If I got a room with bunk beds and a queen bed instead of the king sized bed, I would be furious.

With VWL being the smallest DVC, I doubt seriously if they would change room configurations there.

I absolutely understand! But it would be nice to have the choice..like views.

Don't get me wrong; I totally agree!

I would think rooms with bunk beds would go pretty quickly but I would hope they would put something in place to insure folks like us or even folks who could not use one due to mobility would not get one.

I agree with Bill and Deb. I LOVE the king bed. Its one of the reasons I bought into DVC. We have a King bed at home and hate going to a smaller bed on vacation

I don't like the bunk bed idea at all...if someone with special needs children got one because of the resort being full etc, they may not be able to use it at all. And I think any absolute guarantee about "not" getting one would be next to impossible to put into place, given the occupancy rates of DVC resorts as compared to standard hotels.

If they start getting rid of the King Beds, then I will be getting rid of my DVC.

I don't care what configurations they put in the new DVCs, but to change an exisiting resort after members bought it as is with a king bed, is wrong.

OK..Ok!! I guess I'm in the minority! LOL..:rotfl:

I understand why you and others might want bunks etc. but the more configurations they have the more likely people will get rooms they don't want. Just look at the problems with NS and HA rooms. A good alternative would be to offer AERO beds, we used to bring one when needed and we were driving, obviously not possible when flying. You can always ask for extra blankets and a few pillows and let them sleep on the floor, I've done that in the past. Now it's usually just DW and myself and we LOVE that king bed:love:

Bunk beds in the master bedroom? That doesn't really fit DVC's "home away from home" model. Plus, Disney doesn't want to make it easy for you to book a smaller villa -- they want you to buy more points and book a 2BR villa! I could see them opting to put bunk beds in some of the 2nd bedrooms of the dedicated 2BR units, but not in the master bedroom.

OK...how about bunk beds in the 2nd bedroom?:scared:

I can see where bunk beds in the 2nd bedroom might be feasible, but as others have stated, it would be a definite detriment for many (maybe even most), so I don't see it happening. The new AKV configuration is a great compromise for the kinds of issues you have with older "kids" who do not want to sleep together. The AKV 2 bedroom will have 5 total beds, so all 5 people would have their own bed.

Remember DVC has two groups they need to consider. One the membership overall and the other, fitting in to the timeshare system. As noted, creating non standard rooms causes a lot of reservation issues. Not much different than the specialty rooms at BWV and BCV. The only way they could think about doing it would be in the second BR of a 2 BR or in a lockoff portion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter