• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV Kidani or Value Jambo 1 bedroom?

KalamityJane

DIS Veteran
This may be a moot point if we can't get the value, but would you rather have the smaller 1 bedroom villa at Jambo with less points, or a roomier 1 bedroom at Kidani. We will more than likely:

1. Have a car, parking is way better at - Kidani
2. Like QS and CS - Jambo
3. Be there during the holidays - tie? or edge to Jambo
4. Have young kids that love pools/kid's area - Kidani
5. Would love the extra room but don't need it, per se - ?
6. Cheaper cost - Jambo
7. Could luck out with SV at Jambo

Or should we look at booking a regular 1 bedroom at Jambo vs. Kidani?

We have 3 kids and 2 adults. We will be spending a decent amount of time at the resorts, have learned from DL that the kids do better with a more relaxed style of touring. We will be doing a lot of the activities at the resort, more than likely.

What do you all think would fit us the best?

Don't forget the second full bathroom at Kidani. Plus, if you use the buses, the park buses stop at Kidani first, and are generally empty. Both of those Kidani "pluses" may be nice with a group your size and the age of the kids.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the value 1 bed only held 4 people because there is no pull out?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the value 1 bed only held 4 people because there is no pull out?

Yes, the values do not have the pull out chair ans cannot sleep 5 unless one of the children is really a Disney infant, under the age of 3.

The kids will be 6, 3 and 1 at the time of the trip - so the value would still work for us. Dunno what we will do after #3 turns 3 - trying to get in all the Disney in now!

The kids will be 6, 3 and 1 at the time of the trip - so the value would still work for us. Dunno what we will do after #3 turns 3 - trying to get in all the Disney in now!

:rotfl2: After age 3, you need to get in as much Disney as possible before they get charged Disney Adult ticket and meal prices at age 10 :lmao:

With 3 kids, I would choose Kidani... that extra full bathroom can really come in handy!

Although I've never stayed in value 1 BRs, DH and I stay in regular 1 BRs for just 2 people. So I can't imagine a value 1 BR for 5! And since you say your kids prefer a more relaxed touring schedule also, I'd definitely go for Kidani.

This may be a moot point if we can't get the value, but would you rather have the smaller 1 bedroom villa at Jambo with less points, or a roomier 1 bedroom at Kidani. We will more than likely:

6. Cheaper cost - Jambo

We have 3 kids and 2 adults. We will be spending a decent amount of time at the resorts, have learned from DL that the kids do better with a more relaxed style of touring. We will be doing a lot of the activities at the resort, more than likely.

Regarding point #3 above, do you mean you'll be there during the holiday season or during the holidays themselves?

Both Jambo and Kidani are very nicely decorated for the Christmas season. I'd have to go with it's a tie.

However, if you plan on being there over the holidays themselves and plan on using Disney's bus transportation, then Kidani would win hands down as it's the first stop at AKL for the park buses. Being the first stop means you will most likely find seats for yourselves and kids. I've seen Jambo folk left on the curb as the bus filled to capacity many more times than once.

If you plan on driving to/from the parks it won't make much difference other than having that parking garage at Kidani.

6. Cheaper cost - Jambo

You won't get 3 kids and two adults in a value so I would go to Kidani for a standard view with the extra bathroom

You won't get 3 kids and two adults in a value so I would go to Kidani for a standard view with the extra bathroom

Like they won't let me or we won't fit well? The youngest will be under 3 so it's technically 4 of us. We have a king bed right now and the younger 2 (and occasionally all 3) are in with us by morning, so I'm not too concerned on bed space as long as the bed in the bedroom is a king.

As far as the holiday, it won't be over Christmas, looking in the beginning of Dec.

That's a good point about buses - we will have a car, but I'm sure we will be using the buses at some point.

Don't forget the second full bathroom at Kidani. Plus, if you use the buses, the park buses stop at Kidani first, and are generally empty. Both of those Kidani "pluses" may be nice with a group your size and the age of the kids.

THIS! We stayed in a 1BR (club level actually which made up for what we missed ;) ...a little :thumbsup2 ). We missed the extra bathroom!!!!! Like, a LOT! Ferbeeze came in handy.:p

The more I think on it, we have 2 kids that really like the Kidani pool area, but honestly because of the distance and that we were all just tired, we never ventured over to the other building from Jambo last time. I think they were still high on the Stormalong Bay visit from earlier in the trip. :) We're planning on staying the the Kidani building next year for the reasons listed. :) The bathroom and the POOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter