AKV-Kidani

Polynesian27

Mouseketeer
I've heard that Kidani offers a shuttle back and forth to Jambo house, does anybody know if you can hold a 1 year old on your lap safely, or do they make you take a park bus? Also, does the shuttle run all day/night or is it just by request?

We went last year and took the shuttle with a 2 year old and 4 year old. We did not have a problem placing the two year old on our laps.

They are the same buses you take to the parks...unless they go have changed them or I just took the parks beses between them.

The shuttle is different than the park bus. It is just a van - a little longer than a regular van. It proably can hold about 8 or 9 people at a time. It just goes back and forth between Jambo and Kidani, you do not have to call for it.

Just watch out for wet seats. Pool hoppers don't bother drying themselves completely before getting on.

Also, there's really no line or waiting area. I was running after my 2yr to get him in the van when another family came out of the lobby and went right on taking the rest of the seats!

I've heard that Kidani offers a shuttle back and forth to Jambo house, does anybody know if you can hold a 1 year old on your lap safely, or do they make you take a park bus? Also, does the shuttle run all day/night or is it just by request?

The shuttle runs until 10:00, but after that, they told me it would run by request. When I was going to go to Kidani to watch the Movie by the Pool, and they had told me that the shuttle ran until 10:00, but when I mentioned the movie, they said I could go to the front desk and request it. Unfortunately, I changed my mind about the movie, so I don't know if it's true.

Can you hold your one year old in your lap, yes they allow it.

Is it safe, no. Not anymore than you riding in any van with your child on your lap.

Simba's Mom said:
The shuttle runs until 10:00, but after that, they told me it would run by request. When I was going to go to Kidani to watch the Movie by the Pool, and they had told me that the shuttle ran until 10:00, but when I mentioned the movie, they said I could go to the front desk and request it. Unfortunately, I changed my mind about the movie, so I don't know if it's true.

You can --- IF they have a driver. We were trying to get home to Kidani from Jambo. It was 9:55pm. They front desk said it was 10pm and the shuttle was no longer running. We pointed out that it was not quite 10pm and we had made sure to get to the lobby before 10pm. Eventually the night manager explained to us that the driver had clocked out already to go home, but he was working to find someone available to drive us. A short time later, someone did.

I do not think 15 minutes later they would have driven us because it would have been after the official "van hours" and the appropriate staff person was gone.

- Dreams

There aren't many options...either hold your child on your lap, drive/rent your own vehicle where you have a car seat, or walk over and put your child in your stroller. They will not let you bring car seats onto their bus or shuttle. Realizing that the shuttle goes from one parking lot to the other, not on any outside roads accidents would be slim, not never... On the other hand, there are times that I'm nervous on their park, or ME full size bus, but we never rent a car.

You can --- IF they have a driver. We were trying to get home to Kidani from Jambo. It was 9:55pm. They front desk said it was 10pm and the shuttle was no longer running. We pointed out that it was not quite 10pm and we had made sure to get to the lobby before 10pm. Eventually the night manager explained to us that the driver had clocked out already to go home, but he was working to find someone available to drive us. A short time later, someone did.

I do not think 15 minutes later they would have driven us because it would have been after the official "van hours" and the appropriate staff person was gone.

- Dreams

Thanks for the reality. Sounds like I was just given the polite-sounding, Disney line. I'm glad now that I changed my mind about the movie-since I have a bad foot, I really would have needed the transportation. Although I probably could have gotten to the regular bus stop, and grabbed a bus over.

I believe you also always have the option of taking the park bus - I think the DTD starts at one and goes to the other before DTD and the other busses do the reverse - so there is always a bus than can take you from Jambo to Kidani and vice versa.

MrShiny said:
I believe you also always have the option of taking the park bus - I think the DTD starts at one and goes to the other before DTD and the other busses do the reverse - so there is always a bus than can take you from Jambo to Kidani and vice versa.

Yes, this is correct. On the night I referenced above, the buses had already stopped running due to short hours.

- Dreams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter