AKV Questions (2 bedroom villas)

DebIreland

ಠvಠ
This is my third thread seeking help from DVCers and I truly appreciate the responses I've received so far. :flower3:

I have some more questions re: AKV. There are 5 of us. I see from the points chart that for Magic Season (Sun to Thurs) a Standard 1 bdr at AKV requires 25 points per night. But then I noticed the *Value* 2 Bdr requires 28 points per night - just 3 more points per night.

So, I was wondering....
Will the (Value) 2 bdr villas be located in Jambo House or Kidani Village or both?
When are those (Value) 2 bdr villas due to open?
I think (but I could be wrong) that 'Value' and 'Standard' in AKV refers to size rather than view. In that case are the Value 2 bdr villas basically a 1 bdr Value *plus* a studio (making it into a two-bdr lockoff)?

28 points per night seems like a great deal for what you would get.

Thanks!!! :)

"Value" is the small rooms at AKV; "standard" refers to view and will be larger rooms. A 2BR value will be a 1BR plus lock-off studio but it will be the small 2BR. Value 1BR will hold only 4; all other 1BRs 5. Values will be only in the Jambo building, there will be a limited number, and all will likely be gone most times of year by those reserving 11 months out.

I don't know where this falls in to your thinking at all, but dedicated two bedrooms will only be available at Kidani opening in 2009, not the Jambo house opening later this year. (I don't know if they will have dedicated 2 bedroom value rooms though)

Will the (Value) 2 bdr villas be located in Jambo House or Kidani Village or both? When are those (Value) 2 bdr villas due to open?
The value villas will be in Jambo House only. AKL's 5th and 6th floors are being converted to DVC. Most of the AKL rooms on the fifth floor are deluxe size, but there are some standard-size rooms as well. The value villas are the result of converting the standard-size AKL rooms to AKV villas, so there will not be very many of them.

I think (but I could be wrong) that 'Value' and 'Standard' in AKV refers to size rather than view. In that case are the Value 2 bdr villas basically a 1 bdr Value *plus* a studio (making it into a two-bdr lockoff)?
All of the 2BR villas in Jambo House will be lockoffs (1BR + studio). There will be dedicated 2BR villas in Kidani Village. You are correct, "Value" villas will be smaller or oddly-shaped. "Standard" and "Savanna View" villas are larger than the value villas, and "standard" and "savanna view" refer to the views. "Concierge" villas are the same size as the standard and savanna view and could be either savanna or pool view, so "Concierge" refers to a level of service.

28 points per night seems like a great deal for what you would get.
Yes, so be prepared to call as soon as the 11-month window opens because I expect those will go very quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter