AKV Room Type??

4. DVC reported at one point that the dedicated studios were 316 SF, which is the size now being reported for the value studios. They also reported that there will be 46 dedicated studios. As noted above, there will be dedicated studios in almost every hallway in the Kudo and Zebra Trails. As noted above, only 10 dedicated studios will be on the Giraffe and Ostrich Trails and off the lobby.
Excellent post! But I am curious where you saw the comment that all dedicated studios are 316 sq ft. The dedicated studios that are created from deluxe-size AKL rooms should be the same size as the lockoff studios created from deluxe-size AKL rooms. My guide did say that value rooms will be "smaller or oddly shaped" so it's possible there will be more value studios than just those created from standard-size AKL rooms. Having said that, I've never read anything on the Resorts board where someone reported getting an oddly shaped room at AKL, so I'm not sure where these oddly shaped studios would be located. It just doesn't make sense to me that they would categorize every dedicated studio as a value villa. Why not rate it a savannah view studio (or standard studio if it's a pool view) if it was created from a deluxe-size AKL room and there is nothing odd about the shape of the room? And looking at the floor plans on the OC website, none of the dedicated studios seem to be any different than the lockoffs, other than the ones on the inner corners where the balcony is smaller.

Thanks for the explanation Suzanne. It took me a couple times to read it all the way through, my girls kept interupting me!

So your thinking the dedicated studios on the zebra and kudu trails will be 'value' rooms. Hummm... I guess I've been thinking they would most likely be Savannah view since they are the larger deluxe AKL rooms, but there may a couple smaller or odd sized thrown in there.

One thing that I noticed interest (at least to Suzanne and LisaS!) when I was looking at the boundry map LisaS posted of the 5th floor, to me it looked like the lobby rooms that overlook the parking lot are not included. I may be wrong, but I would think that those rooms would jut out south of the curvey hallways entering the lobby area. If these rooms are not included then why would they have just the 6 parking lot view rooms?? Seems strange. I was wondering if they will have the laundry and support rooms there instead of villas.

81115AKV_Units_0324.JPG

Roll05_002.jpg

Does anyone know the breakdown of the number of rooms per size? I'm really asking for the number of studios, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, 2-bedroom lockoffs, and Grand Villas -- not their classifcation as to Value, Standard, or Savannah View (although that would be nice to know too!). The information I've seen says that there are to be 458 rooms when the project is completed, and I was wondering about the size breakdown of those 458. Is that info available? Can anyone hazard a guess?

It took me a while to find my old post (I strongly dislike the search function!)....

This info I got from my guide over the phone.

134 villas in Lodge (Jambo House)
46 Dedicated Studios
82 2 Bedroom Lock-offs
6 Grand Villas - 1 story

324 Villas in the New AKV building (Kidani Village)
140 2 bedroom - Dedicated
168 2 Bedroom - Lock-off
16 Grand Villas - 2 story

Excellent post! But I am curious where you saw the comment that all dedicated studios are 316 sq ft.

The disclosure document I got from the California Dept of RE said that dedicated studios would be 316 sf. However, it is possible (and maybe even likely) that 316 is the minimum size and some (many??) will be larger.

As to the "oddly shaped" value rooms, these could be the result of dividing up the existing deluxe rooms that are in hallways of 7 or 8 rooms. That said, the dedicated studios shown in Phase 41A inthe Zebra Trail sure don't seem to be "oddly shaped" unless you consider it enough that the floor plan is different than the model plans because the bathtub is not being moved from its current location.

Even if none of the Zebra and Kudu Trails have value studios, the chance of a good view from a studio will be better than from a 2 BR simply because there are no dedicated studios overlooking the parking lot. Of course, that difference is slight rather than significant.

I seem to remember that the 1st phase opening in Sept will be on the Zebra Trail. If this is correct and some are able to book value rooms for that time frame, we should have our answer.

-- Suzanne

The disclosure document I got from the California Dept of RE said that dedicated studios would be 316 sf. However, it is possible (and maybe even likely) that 316 is the minimum size and some (many??) will be larger.
I think your theory is correct -- 316 sq ft is the minimum size. DVC lists the value studios as 316 sq ft and the other studios in Jambo House as 365 sq ft and the studios in Kidani Village as 366 sq ft.

As to the "oddly shaped" value rooms, these could be the result of dividing up the existing deluxe rooms that are in hallways of 7 or 8 rooms. That said, the dedicated studios shown in Phase 41A inthe Zebra Trail sure don't seem to be "oddly shaped" unless you consider it enough that the floor plan is different than the model plans because the bathtub is not being moved from its current location.
I agree. The dedicated studios shown in Unit 41A and Unit 24 look the same as the lockoffs. We haven't yet seen a floor plan for one of the smaller studios, but the only difference should be that the living area will be about 4 feet shorter.

Even if none of the Zebra and Kudu Trails have value studios, the chance of a good view from a studio will be better than from a 2 BR simply because there are no dedicated studios overlooking the parking lot. Of course, that difference is slight rather than significant.
I agree. There will be a lot of studios in Jambo House compared to the number of 2BR lockoffs.

I seem to remember that the 1st phase opening in Sept will be on the Zebra Trail. If this is correct and some are able to book value rooms for that time frame, we should have our answer.
Yes, we should have our answer in just over a month. It is interesting that if you use the points calculator on the members' website, the only AKV accommodations that you can select are:
Studio Accommodation - Savanna View
One Bedroom Villa - Savanna View
Two Bedroom Villa - Savanna View
Grand Villa

The problem is, one of the studios in Unit 41A and the 2 2BR lockoffs in Unit 36 should be listed as Standard View since they face the pool area. But it is interesting that there are no Value accommodations listed.

It sure would be easier if they would just publish this info! But in the meantime, thank you Suzanne and Lisareniff for the work you both have put into figuring out the number and type of villas that will be available.

right - the value is basically the same but 316 sq ft instead of 365 sq ft.

while i've heard that over half of the standard rooms have some sort of savannah view (not guaranteed of course), i think you can expect none of the value rooms to have a savannah view. much more likely parking lot or dumpster views.

There are SOME "value" rooms that will have savannah views, but not very many. Most will have, as you suggest, parking lot views, and a few others will have pool views.

There are SOME "value" rooms that will have savannah views, but not very many. Most will have, as you suggest, parking lot views, and a few others will have pool views.
Actually from reports most will have a savannah view, somewhere between around 60 to 80%.

I just found this thread that started before they actually selling AKV. Does anyone has any update on this topic? Especially about % break down of different views for Value rooms.

I just found this thread that started before they actually selling AKV. Does anyone has any update on this topic? Especially about % break down of different views for Value rooms.

I also would like to know if the details in this thread have turned out to be true. I have a value studio booked for January and wonder what my chances of getting a savannah view are.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter