Alamo - Does compact suv = midsize suv?

lvthemouse

Earning My Ears
I think I read somewhere before that Alamo does not actually have a compact suv category at MCO, so you actually get a midsize suv for the price of a compact suv. Can anyone confirm/deny this?
I know with cars a standard = full size.
Thanks.

They are the same from our experience. We rented from Alamo in TPA in Feb. We skip the counter and just go grab a car and leave. However, we rented an intermediate SUV and when we got in from a delayed flight they only had really small suvs in the row. I went and asked and they said they don't really differentiate between the 2 classes. We paid more for a car they didn't actually have left and my tall teens physically didn't fit in the back seat of what was left. They let us pick a different class of car and email them in the morning to adjust the rate.

When I went at end of January/beginning of February, had compact suv reserved with Alamo via Costco. Got a RAV 4, and attendant said no compact SUVs at Orlando side A, where I got the car from.

Have same compact suv reserve via Costco for September, and hope to get another RAV 4.

Oh and my car from my January into February, had a Wisconsin plate. Neat as had buttons and selections I don’t have on my own RAV 4, and my own RAV 4 is smaller, and older than the more recent year one we had rented.

I booked a compact SUV with Alamo for end of this month and hoping to get an Intermediate. Anyone have recent experience?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter