Alaska cruise

We're cruising to Alaska in September, and unfortunately, $140 a night seemed to be the very cheapest we could find in the Vancouver area.

I'm willing to stay in a cheaper hotel the night before, since:
1: It's not even a place to sleep, it's a place to pace back and forth staring at the clock. :goodvibes

2: I'd rather pay for an awesome stateroom onboard the ship.

3: It give our budget more wiggle room for sightseeing.

Priceline and others are your friends- keep your eyes peeled and you'll find a deal, I"m sure. :wave2:

My sentiments exactly. We're booked for June 2014 so we have plenty of time

We stayed at Pan Pacific for a great rate off of Hotwire. We arrived almost 24 hours before the ship left, so we got out use from it. It is a great hotel, but you cannot beat the location: there is literally a button in the elevator for "Cruise Ship Terminal."

We checked out, said goodbye to a very helpful/kind employee that had helped us the afternoon before, walked to the elevator with our carry-on bags, went down to the parking garage level, walked through the garage following signs to "Cruise Terminal" and on to the ship.

Our bags were picked up at the hotel for us and landed in our stateroom a few hours after boarding. Cannot recommend Pan Pacific enough.

- Dreams

Any hints for fiding the right Hotwire selection?

Thanks

My family and I went on the Alaska cruise out of Vancouver in September 2011. We stayed at the Pan Pacific. We used one of the discount places, like Hotwire or Expedia, and got our room for a reasonable rate. Our room was a partial ocean view. If we looked out our window and turned our head to the right, you could see the harbor. LOL, so not as much of a view as I was hoping for. It is awesome to get up in the morning, go downstairs, walk outside and see your ship. It definitely heightens the excitement. It also lowers the anxiety level a little by not having to worry about getting to your ship, you are already there. What is also awesome about staying at the Pan Pacific is it is in walking distance of the Olympic Torch. You will get to see a bit of history.

jenna7394 said:
Was the arrangement with your bags through the hotel or through DCL? Was it an extra fee? I would love to stay there and am waiting to see if we can get a good price through Priceline, etc.

It's an arrangement that the hotel has with the ships that dock there. We coordinated with the hotel. There was no fee and it worked seamlessly.

disneydentist said:
Any hints for fiding the right Hotwire selection?

Thanks
Yes. But not right now. ROFL! I am not at home. When I get home this evening I will pull up my cruise file and see exactly what I was told to make sure I got Pan Pacific and will share that here. :)

- Dreams

Those of you who scored the Pan Pacific last year using Hotwire, how close to your sail date did the sale pop? I've been watching for my June 3rd cruise, but no dice yet.

IWhen I get home this evening I will pull up my cruise file and see exactly what I was told to make sure I got Pan Pacific and will share that here. :)

- Dreams

Really excited to get your insider info!

OrcaPotter said:
Those of you who scored the Pan Pacific last year using Hotwire, how close to your sail date did the sale pop? I've been watching for my June 3rd cruise, but no dice yet.

Really excited to get your insider info!

Not the same cruise but we bought tickets for the Fantasy the Wed before US Thanksgiving and set sail on Dec 1. We bought through Costco for $2700 for 3 stateroom 9644. It was our first cruise and it seemed like a good deal for us. Our tickets from Nebraska to Orlando were less than $775. memories were priceless!!!!

It's an arrangement that the hotel has with the ships that dock there. We coordinated with the hotel. There was no fee and it worked seamlessly.

Yes. But not right now. ROFL! I am not at home. When I get home this evening I will pull up my cruise file and see exactly what I was told to make sure I got Pan Pacific and will share that here. :)

- Dreams

Thank you for the information on the Pan Pacific. We would love to stay there and I am waiting a bit longer to see how low the prices will go.

Has anyone had any luck with "Name Your Own Price" on Priceline for 5 star hotels in downtown Vancouver?

We stayed out of town a couple of years ago. Then parked at the airport and took the light rail system into downtown. Was a lot less expensive than paying for a downtown hotel and / or paying for parking at the cruise terminal. Was only about 1 block between the port and the light rail stop. We bought a book of 10 tickets that was less expensive than buying the tickets individually, since there is a $5 surcharge on tickets from the airport into town (but not the other way :confused3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter