Ale and Compass?

Imamom2

Mouseketeer
Anyone dined there recently? Staying at BC in November and I was looking for something close. We had done Cape May several times and Beaches and Cream is closed in November. I looked at Yachtman and Ale menus and Ale's looks similar for half the price.

My sister and family ate there in April, said it was great. Said get the Parker house rolls as they are excellent

We ate there in June. Food was quite good, service was a little slow, but otherwise competent. I really enjoyed the seafood pot pie and DW had the braised short ribs. By WDW standards, prices were reasonable and we were able to use our Tables in Wonderland discount.

We have eaten breakfast when it was Captain's Grille and the buffet was the same as Cape May just no characters. We're eating there this next trip and assuming the same.

My husband and I ate there for lunch in June. We had the fish and chips. They were very good and a bit unique ( in a good way ) with the flavor in the tater sauce. Service is at a more relaxed pace but good all the same. Our server checked on us several times and lunch took about 45 minutes.

We have eaten breakfast when it was Captain's Grille and the buffet was the same as Cape May just no characters. We're eating there this next trip and assuming the same.
It is nowhere near the same. It is a limited buffet which supplements the included entree.

We had lunch there, very happy with it. The lobster roll was delicious.

It is nowhere near the same. It is a limited buffet which supplements the included entree.
I'm confused. Are you talking about Ale & Compass or some other restaurant? I don't recall any buffet at all at the Ale & Compass when we ate there a week ago.

I'm confused. Are you talking about Ale & Compass or some other restaurant? I don't recall any buffet at all at the Ale & Compass when we ate there a week ago.

It's a breakfast only supplementary buffet-- you have the choice of just ordering an entree or ordering any entree + buffet access for a flat price.

It's a breakfast only supplementary buffet-- you have the choice of just ordering an entree or ordering any entree + buffet access for a flat price.
Ahh, that explains it. We were there for dinner.

Unfortunately they discontinued the sampler package (card with tabs). It wasn’t offered last year either. It was a great deal ... apparently too good. :sad2:

I did see that - it looks like the added buffet included pastries and yogurt, etc. I actually eat fruit and yogurt for breakfast so that's something I will look at, too. Thanks!

As the others stated it is a breakfast entree supplemental buffet. The poster I quoted asked about breakfast. Sorry for the confusion

We are trying Ale & Compass for the first time as well in November. Looking forward to it!

It's excellent. Good food and nice atmosphere.

Also, Ale and Compass Lounge next door to Ale and Compass is a hidden gem. About 6-7 appetizers that you can get pretty much all day long without a reservation. Nice beer and wines by the glass. Happy hour at 4 pm. We liked our 'lunch" there so much in April that for our 45 hours in WDW in August for the SWGE preview, this was one of the two places we ate lunch (the other one was at SWGE).

Anyone dined there recently? Staying at BC in November and I was looking for something close. We had done Cape May several times and Beaches and Cream is closed in November. I looked at Yachtman and Ale menus and Ale's looks similar for half the price.
I absolutely love ale and compass!! My second favorite one credit behind Sanaa. If you go definitely get the chicken flatbread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter