Alert: MGM still has Passholder Coins

2angelsinheaven

Loves making dreams come true!
In a long shot chance I asked at the Pin Station under the hat in MGM this weekend and sure enough they had a ton left. We got our coins very easy, just showed our SP's and she gave them to us. I asked her if they had many left and she said yes a lot of them. I think the promotion ended mid last month so this was a nice surprise, figured I would share on the board.

OK how does this work? I just go up and show my season pass and they GIVE me some kind of coin, or do I have to pay for it? I always love a free souvenier(sp?). We'll be there in the next few days.

It's free....
47b4db10b3127ccebf30b03df9fd0000001610

47b4db10b3127ccebf30b0b1f9710000001610

All you have to do is go to the shop under the hat and ask for a passholder coin, show your SP or AP and they will grab you one, stamp your pass with a stamp to let them know you already got one and your on your way with your coin. It's pretty nice too and I'm hanging on to mine.

It's about the size of a silver dollar and quite a bit thicker, it's laid in a heavy cardboard card and sealed in plastic.

when you say a ton? do you think they will last till JULY?
I dont go until july 16. oh well.

thanks for the heads up, doesnt hurt to ask.::yes::

I would think so, she said no one has asked for any in a really long time, infact she didn't even know what they were, she had to ask the other guy. If they don't know when you go, tell them they are under the register...lol Or ask them to ask someone else don't give up... :wave:

I had no idea these were available! We leave tomorrow & they will make a great reminder of my DD's surprise! She still doesn't know anything about it! :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by 2angelsinheaven
I would think so, she said no one has asked for any in a really long time, infact she didn't even know what they were, she had to ask the other guy. If they don't know when you go, tell them they are under the register...lol Or ask them to ask someone else don't give up... :wave:

Thanks again for posting about this!! I am keeping my fingers crossed that there will still be some in July!

If anyone goes in between now and July 15, I'd love to hear if you find a lot to still be available!

Thanks so much for sharing!!! We arrive Friday afternoon so we'll be sure and ask for one.

Carla :D

Well the CM I had at that shop was not very nice then!

I went there asking if there was some sort of AP pin/coin available for the anniversary (this was during May 20-25). She just showed me pins you could BUY as an AP holder!

The guest before me was given something, I thought a coin, and her AP was stamped. I wasn't sure what the free gift was, a coin or pin, so I wasn't sure what I was looking for (and I didn't want to be too nosy).

Now why didn't she give me the darn coin?! I bought one AP pin, so she knew I had an AP and I did say something like "I thought there was a free pin..." To which she didn't respond.

Nice.

Yikes, that was not very nice of her at all. The coins are free, I know the promotion period is over but the CM's told me that they still had plenty and were more than happy to give us ours.

Maybe I will email guest relations - can't hurt!

It was weird, since I thought she gave something else to the person in front of me. I bought my pin and thought she'd give me whatever it was also. Then I walked away whispering to my DH that I thought I was suppossed to get some pin or coin also. Weird!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter