All About Fixed Weeks (RIV/CCV/AUL/VGF/POLY Charts)

Are they unable to change the contract minimums? You would think VGF having the most expensive point charts in WDW would require a 50 but it seems like it’s just resorts CCV and after so I expect going forward that all contract minimums to be 50 on new resorts.

They can raise the minimums to whatever they want.

I just think VGF was 25 when it opened and ti stayed that way even when sales resumed. My guess is all future resorts will have 50.

Out of curiosity with new point charts coming out relatively soon, do the fixed week point charts change at the exact same time as the updated point charts come out which I assume will be early December?

Out of curiosity with new point charts coming out relatively soon, do the fixed week point charts change at the exact same time as the updated point charts come out which I assume will be early December?

The FW charts were changed for the first time last year…prior to that they remained the same…so, I honestly don’t know what approach they will take.

It looks like they've finally addressed one annoyance with FW reservations. Previously, even though both my DW and I are on the contract, the initial reservation was made for only me, and I had to contact Member Services to add my DW. It was a pleasant surprise to come home after my 2023 FW41 trip and to have a 2024 FW41 reservation that includes both of us.

It looks like they've finally addressed one annoyance with FW reservations. Previously, even though both my DW and I are on the contract, the initial reservation was made for only me, and I had to contact Member Services to add my DW. It was a pleasant surprise to come home after my 2023 FW41 trip and to have a 2024 FW41 reservation that includes both of us.
Are you unable to modify the people on the reservation and cancel the reservation through the website?

Are you unable to modify the people on the reservation and cancel the reservation through the website?
As of now, a FW reservation cannot be canceled through the website because the number of points used is usually different than the week is worth (usually 10% more) - have to call MS for that. Not sure about modifying people though...

Who did you call to make this change? TIA!

No, "Please call Member Services to modify this reservation" is shown when you click the "View or Modify Details" button for a FW reservation on the DVC website.

Who did you call to make this change? TIA!

I usually just do a chat on the DVC website, but you could call DVC Member Services too.

No, "Please call Member Services to modify this reservation" is shown when you click the "View or Modify Details" button for a FW reservation on the DVC website.

I usually just do a chat on the DVC website, but you could call DVC Member Services too.
How early in advance are you able to cancel the reservation to have the points put back into your account like normal?

How early in advance are you able to cancel the reservation to have the points put back into your account like normal?
If you already used the points to book something else, they never make the FW reservation for you; the points aren't hiding from you or your usage. They're available to you for reservations or borrowing, etc, like any other contract.

But if you wait until sometime around 12m before your FW and still have all your points for that year, they'll make your FW reservation. As soon as they've made your FW reservation, you are free to cancel it and get your points back. The same rules apply for points going into "holding" if you cancel the reservation within 30 days of the trip.

If you already used the points to book something else, they never make the FW reservation for you; the points aren't hiding from you or your usage. They're available to you for reservations or borrowing, etc, like any other contract.

But if you wait until sometime around 12m before your FW and still have all your points for that year, they'll make your FW reservation. As soon as they've made your FW reservation, you are free to cancel it and get your points back. The same rules apply for points going into "holding" if you cancel the reservation within 30 days of the trip.
Thank you for all this information and explaining all of the intricacies of FW contracts!

I dont think anyone specifically knows. They dont post the charts anywhere and anyone with a FW doesnt have to worry since its already locked in. They only started changing the points at all in the past couple years.

You might want to ask your guide and then take it was a grain of salt anyways.

You could sign a contract as well then leverage the cancellation period to always back out or swap it out if it changes in your favor.

Note the point charts though are not going to land until December so its a ways out still before normal point charts are released.

I dont think anyone specifically knows. They dont post the charts anywhere and anyone with a FW doesnt have to worry since its already locked in. They only started changing the points at all in the past couple years.

You might want to ask your guide and then take it was a grain of salt anyways.

You could sign a contract as well then leverage the cancellation period to always back out or swap it out if it changes in your favor.

Note the point charts though are not going to land until December so its a ways out still before normal point charts are released.
Like I said I'm in the process of trying to get a FW RIV contract and was originally planning to lock in at the end of this month but idk I'm not that impressed by the current RIV incentives tbh and I'm not in a rush but also I don't want the FW point chart to change on me and become worse so hrm.. decisions decisions.. maybe I'll just have my guide lock in anyways, it doesn't really hurt to do so other than annoy her :X

Hi
I'm interested in a FW at PVB.. does it have to be direct? Or FW rights could be transferred in a resale deal?
Thanks

Hi
I'm interested in a FW at PVB.. does it have to be direct? Or FW rights could be transferred in a resale deal?
Thanks
Fixed weeks are written into the contract so even resale contracts can have fixed weeks but it'll be whichever fixed week the original owner picked and obviously if you're picky about which week you're trying to get it'll be difficult to find because you'll have to match the room type and week although with Poly it's probably one of the easiest since basically your choices are studio standard/lake view or bungalow lol

Hi
Thanks
Do you mean for the new PVB tower? If FWs are offered (and I think they will be), it'll likely be a long time before any hit the resale market.

In either PVB, it's going to be difficult finding the FW you would want, it may never show up in resale. So I would just wait until next year and buy the week and room type you want direct at the new tower.

Do you mean for the new PVB tower? If FWs are offered (and I think they will be), it'll likely be a long time before any hit the resale market.

In either PVB, it's going to be difficult finding the FW you would want, it may never show up in resale. So I would just wait until next year and buy the week and room type you want direct at the new tower.
New tower.. maybe direct points for future resorts.. although I really like the bathroom (s) layout of the current studios... but in resale doesn't seem that FW is an attribute easy to filter out.. that's why I thought that maybe the benefit wouldn't transfer... thanks for clarifying, I will keep looking
Thanks!

New tower.. maybe direct points for future resorts.. although I really like the bathroom (s) layout of the current studios... but in resale doesn't seem that FW is an attribute easy to filter out.. that's why I thought that maybe the benefit wouldn't transfer... thanks for clarifying, I will keep looking
Thanks!

I will be dying with my FW ..LOL. I have seen them up on the resale market, but they do not last long. Best to make this preference known with a resale broker so they can give you a heads up.

DVC FW owners must be some of the most fanatic DVC owners around (myself included!). I didn’t even know what a FW and never heard a peep from my guide about it till I brought it up to him.

In hindsight, if he mentioned it, it probably went in 1 ear and out the other as a DVC newbie the first time we took the tour.

All this to say “rare” on the resale market may be an understatement. I did notice that ******* seemed to have a handful of Aulani ones (almost like they specialized in rare Aulani contracts cuz I got a FW52-subsidized, from them).

Booking window for Week 49 Sunday Dec 8, 2024 is fast approaching and I still have not gotten a call from Member Services to confirm booking. No call for my FW50 either.

I sent an email to MS just now. Should I call them as well? Is this normal? Thoughts appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter