Thanks Robo! I would hope they would bridge to gate price but a few of the stories from previous posts have me a little worried is all. I've done the math so I have a good idea of the price to expect just want to know what to expect if things don't go as planned.

The date that the discounted ticket was originally printed directly affects the amount of the price-bridge.

The date that the discounted ticket was originally printed directly affects the amount of the price-bridge.

I plan to buy the e-ticket and connect it to an existing Magicband. I haven't used UT before but I presume it's only the physical tickets that have printed dates?

I plan to buy the e-ticket and connect it to an existing Magicband. I haven't used UT before but I presume it's only the physical tickets that have printed dates?

Discounter tickets are actually issued by Disney on a specific date.
The e-ticket is just an electronic transfer of a ticket's number to the purchaser.

Thinking of purchasing 7-day PH from UT and bridging to AP during an upcoming visit. Other than it being complete luck of the draw, is the worst case that you would have to pay full price to upgrade to an AP and lose out on the UT discount?
I bought those 7 day park hoppers today. I will tell you that last year I bought 6 day base tickets from UT in January. The thought on these boards was I wouldn't be able to bridge them to current gate prices, but I got quote on AP's at Epcot guest services. They did bridge them. I didn't upgrade, but I would have saved over a hundred dollars off my AP's. I would have to make three trips to WDW to benefit from AP's now. I remember when if you were making more than one trip an AP was well worth the money. I also get better room discounts from a TA then the AP discounts. I doubt I'll upgrade because I could maybe make 2 trips, but certainly not 3. I've got a Quebec cruise out of NYC planned in the Fall, but in the end I think I got a pretty good deal on 7 day park hoppers.

Long time lurker, who’s very grateful for all I’ve learned from this forum over the years!

With 3 trips to WDW in the last 12 months, our family of 4 (DH, me, DD11 & DD8) has finally decided that it makes sense to buy annual passes!

I plan to purchase four 10-day park hoppers from UT, and then upgrade them to annual passes. DH and I will upgrade our tickets to APs during our kid-free anniversary trip in April 2018.

Here’s my question...our family of 4 will be at Fort Wilderness for 14 days in June 2018. I would like to book FPs for all 4 of us for the entire 14 days, but if the kids’ 10-day PH tickets haven’t been upgraded yet, I will be limited to 10 days for them. If I upgrade the kids’ tickets to APs when DH and I visit in April, are the kids’ APs activated in April, or when they are first used to enter a park in June? I don’t want to waste 2 months of their park admissions, but it would be nice to make all of our FPs at the same time!

I understand that if I bought the kids’ APs online they wouldn’t be activated until the vouchers were exchanged in June, but we are using credit card travel rewards to cover the entire 10-day ticket purchase, so an upgrade is my least expensive option!

Thanks so much for your help!

our family of 4 will be at Fort Wilderness for 14 days in June 2018. I would like to book FPs for all 4 of us for the entire 14 days, but if the kids’ 10-day PH tickets haven’t been upgraded yet, I will be limited to 10 days for them.
1. If I upgrade the kids’ tickets to APs when DH and I visit in April, are the kids’ APs activated in April,
2. or when they are first used to enter a park in June?
3. I don’t want to waste 2 months of their park admissions, but it would be nice to make all of our FPs at the same time!

I understand that if I bought the kids’ APs online they wouldn’t be activated until the vouchers were exchanged in June, but we are using credit card travel rewards to cover the entire 10-day ticket purchase, so an upgrade is my least expensive option!

Thanks so much for your help!
1. You can (specifically ask to) upgrade to AP "CERTIFICATES" and not activated APs.
FP+ can be advance-booked with unactivated AP certificates.
2. Entering a park cannot activate APs. APs must be specifically activated with a trip to Guest Relations or a ticket booth before a park can be entered using that AP.
3. Consider that many guests don't want a situation where some of their family have APs that are not activated "in sync" with the rest of the family's APs.
It can makes renewals difficult.
Imagine that the kids still have active APs for the next, say, 3 months, but the adults APs have expired.
If that fits your future plans, then the "staggered" AP timing between family members may be OK.
For many, it is not.

I have a military discount (not salute) 4 day base ticket bought this week. If I want to add a day to it I go to guest services and pay the difference between a 4 day and 5 day ticket, current price, or the difference between what I paid discounted and the current 5 day price?

Last edited:

I have a military discount (not salute) 4 day base ticket bought this week. If I want to add a day to it I go to guest services and pay the difference between a 4 day and 5 day ticket, current price, or the difference between what I paid discounted and the current 5 day price?

OK I went back and started reading. I found my answer, that yes I would pay $21.30 to upgrade to a 5 day myw ticket. If I am wrong, please tell me. LOL. 4 day passes were the only ones available to me at the mwr.

OK I went back and started reading. I found my answer, that yes I would pay $21.30 to upgrade to a 5 day myw ticket. If I am wrong, please tell me. LOL. 4 day passes were the only ones available to me at the mwr.
$21.30 is correct.
You can also do the upgrade at any ticket booth.

We are going to buy a one day ticket when we arrive at Magic Kingdom next week. We have a magic band from earlier this summer. Can they put the one day ticket on the magic band? Or is it easier to just use the ticket for fast pass and such?

We are going to buy a one day ticket when we arrive at Magic Kingdom next week. We have a magic band from earlier this summer. Can they put the one day ticket on the magic band? Or is it easier to just use the ticket for fast pass and such?

Nothing is ever "put on" a MB.
The way it works is that your MB is connected to your MyDisneyExperience account.
They can add your one-day MK ticket to your MyDisneyExperience account and that
will allow your MB to access the ticket so that the MB be used at the park that day.

Nothing is ever "put on" a MB.
The way it works is that your MB is connected to your MyDisneyExperience account.
They can add your one-day MK ticket to your MyDisneyExperience account and that
will allow your MB to access the ticket so that the MB be used at the park that day.

Ahhh... So would I be better off buying the ticket at home on the Mydisneyexperience account?

Ahhh... So would I be better off buying the ticket at home on the Mydisneyexperience account?
That would be fine.
It would not necessarily be much "better" one way or the other, but you can certainly buy in advance and
the ticket would automatically go into your MDX account.

We have a package booked from 12/16-23 at CBR. Some of us are arriving on the 15th and staying one night at ASMo (but we will not be going to the parks on the 15th). The others will arrive early the morning of the 16th and will take DME to CBR.

We had planned on meeting in MK. What will we need to do to use our park tickets from our package early on the morning of the 16th?

We have a package booked from 12/16-23 at CBR. Some of us are arriving on the 15th and staying one night at ASMo (but we will not be going to the parks on the 15th). The others will arrive early the morning of the 16th and will take DME to CBR.

We had planned on meeting in MK. What will we need to do to use our park tickets from our package early on the morning of the 16th?

Use on-line check-in in your MDX account (you can do it right now, if you like) and input that you will be arriving at 7:00AM on Dec. 16. Your tickets will be operational via your MagicBands at the park gates that early morning (without needing to go to the desk of the CBR.)

1. Nope. And, you need to note that FIRST you would make the AP room reservation, THEN cancel your current room.
2a. No. You can first book the AP room without an AP, then get the AP after you arrive at WDW... even after checking in.
2b. Nope.
2c. It would not be "retroactively." You would only be billed the lower cost AP room rate that was part of the booking.
However, if you did not actually buy/upgrade to the AP, as assumed, you could then be billed at the full room rate at checkout.
3a. Nope.
3b. You can do it that way. I'd think you would plan multiple trips with an AP, so that
just the ticket savings, alone (maybe adding the savings on Memory Maker) would justify all having an AP.
I never base my AP purchase based (primarily) on getting an AP room discount. That is just "gravy"
if and when my trips match any available AP rooms.
4. Yup.

Robo,

I havent been able to find any AP availability for my resort and dates, although I will keep trying. I'm assuming that if there was some AP rate availability for part of our stay, I could ask to book that at the AP rate? Not sure what would happen with the rest of my reservation, since I booked room and tickets as a MYW package. Would I have to book the partial dates at AP rate, book the other dates at normal package rate, and do nothing with my tickets? I already have FPs reserved for all 6 days of our tickets. Would we have to switch rooms if booked partially at AP rate and partially at MYW rate? Wasn't sure if already having FPs reserved to package tickets would affect getting a room for any/all of our travel dates...

Also, if I upgrade to an AP before my stay was over, would I be able to get Memory Maker refunded (since we definitely plan on getting it for our trip regardless of whether I upgrade to an AP)?

Sorry if this is confusing. Hard to keep it all straight in my head between rebooking room at AP rate, cancelling old room or keeping just some of the dates, and the effect on the packaged tickets, if any....

Robo,

1. I havent been able to find any AP availability for my resort and dates, although I will keep trying. I'm assuming that if there was some AP rate availability for part of our stay,
2. I could ask to book that at the AP rate?
3. Not sure what would happen with the rest of my reservation, since I booked room and tickets as a MYW package.
4. Would I have to book the partial dates at AP rate,
5. book the other dates at normal package rate,
6. and do nothing with my tickets?
7. I already have FPs reserved for all 6 days of our tickets.
8. Would we have to switch rooms if booked partially at AP rate and partially at MYW rate?
9. Wasn't sure if already having FPs reserved to package tickets would affect getting a room for any/all of our travel dates...

10. Also, if I upgrade to an AP before my stay was over, would I be able to get Memory Maker refunded (since we definitely plan on getting it for our trip regardless of whether I upgrade to an AP)?

1. OK.
2. Yes.
3. & 6. & 7. Once you get your tickets at the start of your trip, they'll remain yours and useful regardless of
if you drop part of your original reservation. Same goes for FP+.
4. Yes.
5. Yes.
8. Maybe. Maybe not.
9. Nope.
10. Yes.

1. OK.
2. Yes.
3. & 6. & 7. Once you get your tickets at the start of your trip, they'll remain yours and useful regardless of
if you drop part of your original reservation. Same goes for FP+.
4. Yes.
5. Yes.
8. Maybe. Maybe not.
9. Nope.
10. Yes.

Brilliant, as always Robo. Much thanks for your promptness and vast knowledge!

I'm trying to find the cheapest option for 2 Park Hoppers to bridge to APs when we go to WDW in May. It seems like Get Away Today has the cheapest price for 7-day Park Hoppers (which offers the greatest discount from gate price). However, when I input my stay, the 7-day park hopper option isn't available. I called them and they said Disney sells them tickets with blackout dates--I didn't know any MYW or Park Hoppers had blackout dates. Is this just a policy or would any ticket I bought just have an expiration of December 31, 2018? Would this even matter if I'm price bridging to an AP? Thank you.

I'm trying to find the cheapest option for 2 Park Hoppers to bridge to APs when we go to WDW in May. It seems like Get Away Today has the cheapest price for 7-day Park Hoppers (which offers the greatest discount from gate price). However,
1. when I input my stay, the 7-day park hopper option isn't available.
2. I called them and they said Disney sells them tickets with blackout dates--I didn't know any MYW or Park Hoppers had blackout dates.
3. Is this just a policy or would any ticket I bought just have an expiration of December 31, 2018? Would this even matter if I'm price bridging to an AP? Thank you.

1. Hmmmmmm.
2. Run!!
3. If something doesn't sound right (and this doesn't...) buy elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter