Looking to add another AP to our group, but with the new pricing structure going in effect in October we are looking at just buying the AP directly instead of upgrading a park hopper. Hoping to confirm how this works.

1. Buy the AP and make sure it is linked to MDE
2. Book fast passes as normal for resort stay
3. Show up at park and either a ticket window or guest relations can activate?
4. Scan into park and start having a magical time!

Did I get that right? Thanks!

Yep!

Hi there!

Will be buying FL Resident tickets via the Disney site, will they be active in my MDX and will I be able to make the FP reservations 60 days in advance since I’ll be staying at a Disney resort? I understand that I’ll have to visit a Guest Relations desk prior to entering the parks to show proof of residency.

Thanks so much for the response!

Just thought of another question, does anyone know what the blackout dates are for 2019 for FL Resident entrance tickets?
TIA!!

Hi there!

Will be buying FL Resident tickets via the Disney site,
1. will they be active in my MDX and
2. will I be able to make the FP reservations 60 days in advance since I’ll be staying at a Disney resort?
3. I understand that I’ll have to visit a Guest Relations desk prior to entering the parks to show proof of residency.

Thanks so much for the response!
1. If you order them through your MDX account, then yes.
2. Yes.
3. Correct.

Looking for some guidance and options??
I purchased 5 day hoppers from a 3rd party seller as I always do for a planned December 2018 trip....Because of medical reasons and upcoming surgery we have had to postpone the trip till March 2019 or even possibly December 2019... I "accidently" found out that the tickets I purchased are no longer the same as I have always purchased and will "keep" unexpired until first use. I am told that they will expire Dec 31, 2018......... I have scoured the tickets and do not see that information on them anywhere but never the less I am trying to weigh my options for tickets now. I can return the tickets to the seller as I have not attached them to my account and be refunded 95% of cost. But am trying to figure my options for tickets for the March trip. I currently have a room only reservation booked so it has no tickets included.]]

Anyone ever experienced this and what did you do? Options??
Thanks!!

Looking for some guidance and options??
I purchased 5 day hoppers from a 3rd party seller as I always do for a planned December 2018 trip....Because of medical reasons and upcoming surgery we have had to postpone the trip till March 2019 or even possibly December 2019... I "accidently" found out that the tickets I purchased are no longer the same as I have always purchased and will "keep" unexpired until first use. I am told that they will expire Dec 31, 2018......... I have scoured the tickets and do not see that information on them anywhere but never the less I am trying to weigh my options for tickets now. I can return the tickets to the seller as I have not attached them to my account and be refunded 95% of cost. But am trying to figure my options for tickets for the March trip. I currently have a room only reservation booked so it has no tickets included.]]

Anyone ever experienced this and what did you do? Options??
Thanks!!

If they actually do expire before your trip, you will be able to use their "Disney value" (at the time of their original printing) toward the
purchase of new tickets when you are ready to travel.

You need to decide if that will be a better "deal" than returning the ticket(s) to Undercover Tourist now and getting a 95% refund (if they will still allow that.)

So am I understanding that even if the tickets have expired but are not used when we do go that Disney will give us credit toward new tickets at a customer service location to purchase new 5 day hoppers and just pay the difference in cost?

Hard to decipher with all the posts. Hoping to get the following answered. I have not bought any tickets yet. I was planning to buy hoppers from UT and upgrading for these 2 scenarios:

1 Trip October 6 - 12. My AP has expired. Plan: buy multi day hopper from UT and then upgrade/bridge to DVC AP. I assume this can still be done since it is before the new pricing structure which starts on Oct 16. Correct?

2 Trip Jan 9 -13. This trip will be with my kids who need tickets. Plan to buy 2 5 day Hoppers from UT. Can the current tickets from UT be bought now and used for this trip Jan? Or will they become invalid after Oct 16? Also these tickets MAY want to be upgraded to DVC AP's too but we are not sure yet. Will we be able to bridge these tickets to DVC AP's?

So am I understanding that even if the tickets have expired but are not used when we do go that Disney will give us credit toward new tickets at a customer service location to purchase new 5 day hoppers and just pay the difference in cost?

According to Disney ticket info, that's correct.

Hard to decipher with all the posts. Hoping to get the following answered. I have not bought any tickets yet. I was planning to buy hoppers from UT and upgrading for these 2 scenarios:

1. Trip October 6 - 12. My AP has expired. Plan: buy multi day hopper from UT and then upgrade/bridge to DVC AP. I assume this can still be done since it is before the new pricing structure which starts on Oct 16. Correct?

2. Trip Jan 9 -13. This trip will be with my kids who need tickets. Plan to buy 2 5 day Hoppers from UT.
2a. Can the current tickets from UT be bought now and used for this trip Jan? Or will they become invalid after Oct 16? Also these tickets MAY want to be upgraded to DVC AP's too but we are not sure yet.
2b. Will we be able to bridge these tickets to DVC AP's?

1. Sounds right to me.
2a. Disney has never rendered legitimate tickets "invalid."
2b. I don't know.
It would be unlikely that they would not allow upgrading in SOME form.
Don't yet know the specifics of "bridging" with new type of tickets.

Wow.
I may try this as well.

I have some old 5-day (non-hopper) tickets (no expiration date - purchased in Feb. 2017) that I got from UT and been wanting to upgrade them to AP. I have been told I needed to do that in person, but this gives me hope to just do it early over the phone so I don't have to spend time at Guest Services on my arrival day.

I wasn't planning on linking them to my MDE account and just get them upgraded in person, but if linking them in MDE will help get an AP purchased ahead of time over the phone (just to potentially avoid any price increase before November), I may try this.

Though .. with all these price increases, maybe I am just better off keeping those 5-day tickets for a future 2020-2021 trip. $1027 for three 5-day tickets will seem like a steal in a few years .. especially if you go at the new "peak" times.
I would wait until you know when you need at AP for sure especially if prices keep going up.

I don't know for sure if linking the tixket to MDE helped but I know they just asked for my email, address and name and I was able to get it done. And so did the other poster on the othrr thread regarding that 5 day ticket.

If I buy 4 day MYW tickets thru UT for the 3 of us in my family and then were to call WDW to upgrade mine to AP, can I pay over the phone with GC for the upgrade ?

I see that a few people have successfully upgraded UT tickets to APs

Has anyone successfully added days onto third party tickets over the phone?

I did call ticketing once and asked and they said no, just wondering if it's worth calling a few more times. I also asked if she knew how price bridging on site was going to work after Oct, and she said nope- they know as much as we do and that they learn new things from people who call in all the time :)

(my tickets are Costco, linked in MDE, going in november, and I was planning on adding a day to our tickets when we got there- going from 5 day to 6 day hoppers. new ticket structure makes this impossible to budget and I can imagine it being $$)

I have a 10 day UT ticket that I planned to upgrade to AP when I arrive on Nov 2nd. Do I need to try to do this over the phone before Oct 16th?

I have a 10 day UT ticket that I planned to upgrade to AP when I arrive on Nov 2nd. Do I need to try to do this over the phone before Oct 16th?

Nobody knows.
You can certainly TRY to do it ASAP... and be sure to "ask nicely."

OTOH, It MIGHT even be easier AFTER Oct. 16, (part of a "new system.")
And, it very well could be that the AP price will go up on Oct. 16.
But again, nobody knows.

I reeeaaaallly apologize for asking this as I know it's up there somewhere, but my searching is not effective. So, on our trip 9/1 - 9/12 this year, we upgraded to APs. Woohoo! They are already linked to our MDE. So, should we be refunded the amount of the Memory Maker we bought for that trip? Or is it just included on trips going forward? If it is supposed to be refunded, who do I call? Thanks.

I reeeaaaallly apologize for asking this as I know it's up there somewhere, but my searching is not effective. So, on our trip 9/1 - 9/12 this year, we upgraded to APs. Woohoo! They are already linked to our MDE. So,

1. should we be refunded the amount of the Memory Maker we bought for that trip?
2. Or is it just included on trips going forward?
3. If it is supposed to be refunded, who do I call? Thanks.

1. You need to nicely ask that its cost be refunded.
2. Good for all trips during the life of your AP.
(Your AP would have been back-dated to the start of your 9-01-18 trip.)
3. You can try calling WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Or, you can go to any Guest Relations window after you arrive.

1. You need to nicely ask that its cost be refunded.
2. Good for all trips during the life of your AP.
(Your AP would have been back-dated to the start of your 9-01-18 trip.)
3. You can try calling WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Or, you can go to any Guest Relations window after you arrive.

Merci, Robo!
They did indeed back-date the AP, it expires 8/31/19. I'll give them a call tomorrow and be super duper nice. Thanks again!

Merci, Robo!
They did indeed back-date the AP, it expires 8/31/19. I'll give them a call tomorrow and be super duper nice. Thanks again!

Hmmmm.
You originally said that your trip began 9/1/18.
Did you actually go into a theme park on 8/31/18?

Hmmmm.
You originally said that your trip began 9/1/18.
Did you actually go into a theme park on 8/31/18?

Whoops, no, we didn't arrive until 9/1, which was the first day we used our hopper passes. Our APs expire on 9/2/19. Sorry for the confusion.ap back.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter