I purchased 6 day PH from UT about 3 weeks ago. They are e-tickets (which are non-refundable) and it said they should be used before 12/31/18. Well, a couple days later we realized we should have gotten 7 day PH. I can’t do a switch through UT so I am wondering what our upgrade price will be once we get to the parks. I don’t know whether I should be looking at current WDW prices for the upgrade or if the e-tickets were somehow still the 2017 prices. Would you be able to help me?
Thanks!

I purchased 6 day PH from UT about 3 weeks ago. They are e-tickets (which are non-refundable) and it said they should be used before 12/31/18. Well, a couple days later we realized we should have gotten 7 day PH. I can’t do a switch through UT so I am wondering what our upgrade price will be once we get to the parks.

I don’t know whether I should be looking at current WDW prices for the upgrade or if the e-tickets were somehow still the 2017 prices. Would you be able to help me?

The simplest answer is that "2017" tickets expire 12/31/18, and "2018" tickets expire 12/31/19.

HOWEVER...
The only way to know for sure is to contact UT directly and ask.
Which I would do, for sure.

Hi Robo
Can I reassign a ticket to someone more than once?
It is currently under my name and for the duration of my trip I want to reassign it to my son (who is not going on the trip) and then after the trip reassign it back to me.
I am trying to protect my Non expiring Ticket in my MDE account for future use.
I hope this makes sense
Thanks
Mel

Hi Robo
1. Can I reassign a ticket to someone more than once?
2. It is currently under my name and for the duration of my trip I want to reassign it to my son (who is not going on the trip)
3. and then after the trip reassign it back to me.
4. I am trying to protect my Non expiring Ticket in my MDE account for future use.
5. I hope this makes sense
6. Thanks
7. Mel
1. Yes. As many times as you like, before it has started being used.
2. OK.
3. That'll work.
4. OK.
5. A normal situation.
6. You're welcome.
7. Robo
;)

ugh. This new pricing format is concerning me for my trip planned for Dec 2019. I usually buy my MYW tickets from my local ITT office as a DoD employee (not military so I've never purchased Salute tickets) & when I asked the ITT employees when the MYW tickets they sell expire, I was told by their manager Feb 2019. Is that even possible? All the expiration dates from the beginning of this thread say it will either be Dec 2018 or Dec 2019, which "born on" year would that make the ticket worth? Whenever I've purchased MYW tickets, I've always received credit card type tickets with the number on the back that I enter into MDX & it shows up just fine. I've never had to exchange them for RFID cards or anything at the gate since they were tied to my Magic Band. It usually takes 3-4 weeks for my tickets to be ready for pick up from ITT. I always assumed they purchased them directly from Disney which is why it always took so long.

My main questions are about trying to avoid the limitations of the tickets being sold after Oct 16.
My Dreams Unlimited agent gave me a price for MYW tickets she could sell me that wouldn't expire until Dec 31, 2019.
If I purchased the same ticket from ITT, I would save over $120 for our group BUT the tickets may expire in Feb 2019 when I want to use them in Dec 2019 (I wouldn't be able to verify expiration dates until I had the tickets in hand). The start of the thread said that if my tickets expire, I could pay the difference to still use them in Dec, but the ticket office would determine it's "born on" date which would determine it's value toward a current ticket? This transaction would occur at a park ticket office? Is it safer to just pay the extra $120 (idk if there's shipping on top of that price) to guarantee I'll have valid tickets & avoid the hassle at the ticket office?
I've also considered UT, but the PP said her recently purchased tickets from them expire in Dec 2018 which really would be the same as buying from ITT right now & UT is more expensive that ITT.

ugh. This new pricing format is concerning me for my trip planned for Dec 2019. I usually buy my MYW tickets from my local ITT office as a DoD employee (not military so I've never purchased Salute tickets) &
when I asked the ITT employees when the MYW tickets they sell expire, I was told by their manager Feb 2019.
1. Is that even possible?
2. All the expiration dates from the beginning of this thread say it will either be Dec 2018 or Dec 2019, which "born on" year would that make the ticket worth?
3. Whenever I've purchased MYW tickets, I've always received credit card type tickets with the number on the back that I enter into MDX & it shows up just fine.
4. I've never had to exchange them for RFID cards or anything at the gate since they were tied to my Magic Band. It usually takes 3-4 weeks for my tickets to be ready for pick up from ITT.
5. I always assumed they purchased them directly from Disney
6. which is why it always took so long.
My main questions are about trying to avoid the limitations of the tickets being sold after Oct 16
My Dreams Unlimited agent gave me a price for MYW tickets she could sell me that wouldn't expire until Dec 31, 2019.
7. If I purchased the same ticket from ITT, I would save over $120 for our group BUT the tickets may expire in Feb 2019 when I want to use them in Dec 2019 (I wouldn't be able to verify expiration dates until I had the tickets in hand).
8. The start of the thread said that if my tickets expire, I could pay the difference to still use them in Dec, but the ticket office would determine it's "born on" date which would determine it's value toward a current ticket?
9. This transaction would occur at a park ticket office?
10. Is it safer to just pay the extra $120 (idk if there's shipping on top of that price) to guarantee I'll have valid tickets & avoid the hassle at the ticket office?
11. I've also considered UT, but the PP said her recently purchased tickets from them expire in Dec 2018 which really would be the same as buying from ITT right now & UT is more expensive that ITT.

1. Anything is possible.
2. That's the "normal" expiration date for tickets.
3. Yup.
4. Yes. "Normally" the case.
5. All authorized ticket resellers/discounters do that, yes.
6. Depends on if they wait to buy their tickets until after a customer orders tickets.
7. If the seller from whom you are buying says their tickets expire on X date, then nobody here can disprove it.
8. That's how it has worked up to now.
9. That's how it has worked up to now.
10. Is hassle avoidance worth $120? If so, that'll work.
11. I would actually communicate with UT before you make any assumption about expiration dates.

11. I would actually communicate with UT before you make any assumption about expiration dates.

I've sent emails to UT asking about expiration dates on their tickets, but never ever received any reply back. Since I never got a reply, I just assumed it was the gamble I was taking when I didn't purchase directly from Disney. I see a phone number on their website. I'll call to check on that tomorrow & hopefully it'll work better than emails.

Thank you also for responding to quickly. :worship:

Last edited:
I have what should be a simple question, but probably is not!

I currently have in my possession 11 DisneyWorld tickets, purchased over the last 3 years some from UT, some from AAA. Almost all have dates on the back, but the date doesn't say it's an expiration date. The dates range from 11/16 through 11/17. I bought all of them before the the change in February of this year when they introduced expiration dates for the first time. One of them has no date at all.

Does anyone know for sure what these dates mean, if anything? These can't be expiration dates because some of the tickets I bought in January of 2018 had a 2017 date when I bought them. I will probably have to call Disney to be certain, but we're all (21 of us) arriving in Orlando in November, so I really would like to know before then if we will have to pay more at the gate for the tickets I bought when we arrive.

Help! I have a 5 day base ticket purchased on 8/30/2017 from UT. Tonite I did a "chat" with Disney CM during which I was sent a form which I competed with my ticket # and info. The CM informed me that this ticket will expire on Jan 14th, 2019. My current AP expires on 10/27 and I was hoping to use this 5 day ticket to upgrade to a new AP at the end of January.
Would I be able to upgrade the ticket to a new AP online before the ticket expires?

I have what should be a simple question, but probably is not!

I currently have in my possession 11 DisneyWorld tickets, purchased over the last 3 years some from UT, some from AAA. Almost all have dates on the back, but the date doesn't say it's an expiration date. The dates range from 11/16 through 11/17.

1. I bought all of them before the the change in February of this year when they introduced expiration dates for the first time. One of them has no date at all.
Does anyone know for sure what these dates mean, if anything? These can't be expiration dates because some of the tickets I bought in January of 2018 had a 2017 date when I bought them.
2. I will probably have to call Disney to be certain, but we're all (21 of us) arriving in Orlando in November, so I really would like to know before then if we will have to pay more at the gate for the tickets I bought when we arrive.
1. Disney started ticket expiration dates with the price change of Feb. 2017.
2. Contact Disney.

Help! I have a 5 day base ticket purchased on 8/30/2017 from UT. Tonite I did a "chat" with Disney CM during which I was sent a form which I competed with my ticket # and info. The CM informed me that this ticket will expire on Jan 14th, 2019. My current AP expires on 10/27 and I was hoping to use this 5 day ticket to upgrade to a new AP at the end of January.
Would I be able to upgrade the ticket to a new AP online before the ticket expires?
Nobody knows.
(But, it never hurts to "ask nicely.")
You WILL be able to upgrade in-person at WDW even AFTER it expires.

Last edited:
Good afternoon. Looking for some help on a free dining bounceback trip booked for next August. We are booked for 9 nights with a 5 day PH+Water Parks & More. We only intend to stay for 8 nights, but I wanted to have the flexibility of cancelling either the first or last night depending on the best airfare. We are many months away from booking flights. If we intend to keep our same park tickets, but just drop one night off our stay sometime next year, would that be a modification that causes our tickets to change to the new pricing structure/price?

TIA!

Do AP vouchers have an expiration date? My AP doesn't expire until Feb, but am considering getting a voucher now in case next year's renewal price is more than the current new AP price. If the renewal price is not more than the current new AP price, I would just hold on to the voucher until sometime in the future when it would make $$ sense to use it. Thanks!
ETA: Someone just answered my question in a thread that I posted in yesterday! Vouchers expire in 2030, so I think I would probably use it before then!

Do AP vouchers have an expiration date? My AP doesn't expire until Feb, but am considering getting a voucher now in case next year's renewal price is more than the current new AP price. If the renewal price is not more than the current new AP price, I would just hold on to the voucher until sometime in the future when it would make $$ sense to use it. Thanks!

Current AP certificates ("vouchers") expire at the end of the year 2030.

Thank you!
So if I purchase one now, it would expire in 2030. Who knows what they will do in the future regarding AP voucher/certificate expiration, right?

Good afternoon. Looking for some help on a free dining bounceback trip booked for next August. We are booked for 9 nights with a 5 day PH+Water Parks & More. We only intend to stay for 8 nights, but I wanted to have the flexibility of cancelling either the first or last night depending on the best airfare. We are many months away from booking flights. If we intend to keep our same park tickets, but just drop one night off our stay sometime next year, would that be a modification that causes our tickets to change to the new pricing structure/price?

TIA!

It might.
That would be up to Disney, so I can't give you an accurate answer.

I CAN tell you that if you want to have the option of changing your dates and NOT affect your tickets...
Re-book your stay right now to "room only" and drop your tickets as part of the resort package.

Then, buy your tickets separately, NOW.
Do that from a ticket discounter for more savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter