All Disney employees blocked out of Disneyland starting May 18?

Reepicheep

Mouseketeer
My daughter has a summer job at Disneyland, through the International Program. From what I can determine, all Disney employee passes (for both full time employees as well as temporary employees), as well as all forms of employee guest passes, are blocked out of Disneyland from May 18 to at least the end of August.

I assume this means that all the employees, employee family members, and employee guests who would normally be spending a day at Disneyland will instead be spending the day at California Adventure.

I wasn't expecting this, but seeing how Disneyland will be a madhouse once Galaxy's Edge opens, I can understand why Disney made this decision. But with all these thousands of Disney employees and guests being forced to go to California Adventure, I assume that CA, too, will be a bit of a madhouse this summer.

The Castmember Blockout calendar was showing May 18 as blocked for several months, but the block for the entire Summer is a recent change. While AP blockouts seldom change, the CM blockout calendar frequently changes.
Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 1.42.54 PM.png

Why start blockouts on the 18th? Will cast previews of SWGE not be a thing or will that fall outside of a blockout?

I see why they are doing this, but May 18th seems a little early. Unless there is a secret soft opening coming that no one is aware of at this point.

Wasn’t it also announced somewhere that there would, in fact, be a CM preview for SW:GE just prior to May 31 opening?

It is really unusual that they blocked not just our guests, and us CMS, but also our one day complimentary park hoppers. those one day comps are supposed to be for us to use on blocked days, or for our guests to use. I am going to D23 and just bought a park pass! WAH.

PS we are not blocked from DCA and there is lots to do there.

I am going to D23 and just bought a park pass!

Are employees able to buy passes, for their own use, at a discount? And, can temporary employees (like my daughter) also buy passes at a discount? Unless some blockout days open up, I think my daughter will be forced to purchase some passes, if she wants to spend some of her days off at Disneyland.

Can you show me where you see our complimentary tickets are blocked out? I do not see this anywhere.

It is really unusual that they blocked not just our guests, and us CMS, but also our one day complimentary park hoppers. those one day comps are supposed to be for us to use on blocked days, or for our guests to use. I am going to D23 and just bought a park pass! WAH.

PS we are not blocked from DCA and there is lots to do there.

Can you show me where you see our complimentary tickets are blocked out? I do not see this anywhere.

If you click on the hub under one day guest passes instead of main entrance, it will also be red all those same days for Disneyland. Blah!

If you click on the hub under one day guest passes instead of main entrance, it will also be red all those same days for Disneyland. Blah!

One Day Guest Passes are not Comp Tickets. These are what is referred to as "Chip and Dale" tickets. If you click the question mark on blockoutdates, you will see an explanation for each ticket. Complimentary tickets are not listed .

One Day Guest Passes are not Comp Tickets. These are what is referred to as "Chip and Dale" tickets. If you click the question mark on blockoutdates, you will see an explanation for each ticket. Complimentary tickets are not listed .

Interesting. I've always been told our comp tickets follow those blockout dates. Good to know if that's not true.

So since I use main entrance plastic cards, I'll never actually receive any one day guest tickets. I never really paid attention to the difference.

So the comp passes have no blockout dates? That's weird because I used them once in California when CM's were blocked out of Disneyland and could only access DCA. I don't think it gave me a hopper that day!!! Just a DCA ticket.

But then it says this.... So there must be blockouts for comp tickets!

Check before you go because Complimentary admission may be unavailable at certain times.

Wasn’t it also announced somewhere that there would, in fact, be a CM preview for SW:GE just prior to May 31 opening?
Rumor is maybe. I know some CMs have already rode MF. (We discussed it as I needed to know if I should ride (physical issues.)) When they did a Guardian preview for cast members, it was stopped after 1 grouping due to people videotaping and releasing before the opening. I've heard CM previews will be limited because of this.

Rumor is maybe. I know some CMs have already rode MF. (We discussed it as I needed to know if I should ride (physical issues.)) When they did a Guardian preview for cast members, it was stopped after 1 grouping due to people videotaping and releasing before the opening. I've heard CM previews will be limited because of this.

On Media Day I hope Cory James of ABC30 Fresno is assigned to preview the ride(s).
I loved him On Guardian's. Poor guy.... What a good sport!

Will let you guys know as soon as I hear anything. My husband is actually working on the ride so hopefully we'll get some news soon.

Will let you guys know as soon as I hear anything. My husband is actually working on the ride so hopefully we'll get some news soon.
Which ride is he working on?

Right now, it sounds like mainly those CMs in management levels are riding. Media preview is May 29/30, and some CM groups have been told they will be allowed to ride then.

The CM preview info has been posted online; there are several time slot options, they can bring a guest, no photos, ride not guaranteed, etc. I’ve seen it a few places. I’m glad they get to see it since it’s going to make their lives crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter