"All Growd Up" Trip (TR Complete)

Sorry guys!! Hectic first week back at work. Promise to do days 2 and 3 on Sunday (my day off).

Day 2: Universal Studios

After going to bed at like 11 or 12 am, I woke up at 6:30 am, an hour before I set the alarm, cause I was so excited!! I showered and sat in bed watching cartoons till the alarm went off and Chip started to get ready. We left about 8:20-ish. We passed this sign on the way in. While we were walking, we noticed a whole bunch of lizards crossing in front of us on the sidewalk. HRH. I like the color purple. The walk was not bad at all. If it was 15 minutes, it didn't seem like it. Didn't even feel like ¼ of a mile, which I think is what I read was the approximate distance. Heading into CityWalk. Advert wall. We headed over to the Studios. Globe. For some reason, I didn't take a picture of Chip in front of the globe, I took this instead. We got to the gates at about 8:45, and they didn't open them till 9. We headed straight for The Mummy, since it was the ride I most wanted to do. Random pics on the way to the Mummy: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,6, 7, 8. This is the line we had to wait in. Thanks to the board, I knew what to do when I saw this. I loved ROTM, we rode it twice in a row, once in the front and once in the back. Mummy shop. We then headed over to The Simpsons ride. Pics on the way there: 1, 2, 3. Disaster and Jaws weren't open yet so we skipped those till later, but I did get this pic. I got excited as we approached The Simpsons. Krusty me and Krusty (taken by the TM in the first pic, she was super nice). Apu. I LOVED The Simpsons ride. I wished I had ridden it more to catch some more of the little jokes. I didn't stop laughing the entire ride. Kwik-E-Mart Simpsons We went backwards a bit and hit MIB, which was a lot of fun. 1st time score: 144,000-ish. Coke alien Twins squirrel outside exit We then made our way back to the front. Random pics: 1, 2, 3 We headed over to T2-3D. My favorite 3-D show of all times. After that we headed over to Shrek. It was really funny and well done. The “galloping seats” made me giggle. I liked the TM's costume. Me and Chip in line Me and Donkey Me Shrek and Fiona We then went across the street and rode Jimmy Neutron. I liked it and thought it was a decent replacement for the Hannah-Barbera ride. The “chicken dance” part near the end almost made me wet myself I was laughing so hard!! We were hungry after that so we decided to go to Finnegan's, hitting Twister on the way. Since most of the queue was closed due to HHN, the only pic I took was this. Finnegan's was really good. We started off with the chicken stingers, which were good. soda bread and apple butter I had the corn beef sadwich and chip had the pot pie (that's my pickel on top of it, I don't like them). We had dessert shots after the meal, I had tiramisu and Chip had the raspberry cheesecake. He also decided to get their Flight of Beers..........only cause he wanted the free glass that came with it. Neither of us like beer. While Chip was finishing his beer, I went and took a couple more pics and rode ROTM again. The regular line was 25 minutes by that point, so I hopped in the single riders line and only waited about 15 I think. Pics: 1, 2, 3. Jaws and Disaster were open by then so we decided to go do those. I liked the new pre-show for Disaster.....and I got picked to play the “hunky guy”. Disaster pics: queue, me. Jaws was as fun as I remembered it.....though I think our “guide” was phoning it in a lil bit. She wasn't bad, bu she didn't too into it. Jaws pic. We worked our way back to the kids part to ride ET.....the scariest ride in the park. Seriously, I think somebody was on something when they designed that ride! Lol me and Chip in the ET “forest”. I actually did notice the smell this time around. I liked it, it added to the illusion you were in a forest. On our way back towards the front, we ran into the Madagascar gang. Waiting in line for our pic, this guy rode by. us and the Madagascar group Luckily, we were right by it and there was one starting in a few. Yup, you betcha, the Horror Make-Up Show I took a lot of pics of the lobby: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. HHN Display: 1, 2,3, 4, 5. I loved the show. It was hilarious and informative at the same time. I only wish I had gone to see I t a second time. me and Mark James On our way out we explored the Lucy exhibit for a few moments. Lucy pics: 1, 2, 3. That's day 2!!

Day 3: Islands of Adventure

Ok, before you kill me, I don't have any pictures from the parks for day 3. I knew that me and Chip would be doing the water rides a few times and to make it easier we just brought the essentials to get through the day. We left about the same time as day 2, and again they didn't open the gates till 9. We headed left towards Marvel Island. We got in line to do the front row of Hulk. I love that coaster. The shoot off on the lift got me every time. We rode it a second time in the back row.....not a good idea. It hurts!! :laughing: We then headed over and rode Spiderman, which is still prolly my favorite ride there. We then rode Dr. Doom's Fearfall....which I had never ridden before. I liked it. After we did Marvel, we headed to Toon Lagoon. Popeye's wasn't open yet, so we went to ride Dudley's. I forgot where the entrance was, so we practically in Jurassic Park before we realized we missed it. :rotfl: I didn't really like the new lapbars, but it wasn't terribly uncomfortable. I was in the front of the log for our first ride. I got pretty wet! :laughing: It was still a little before 10 (when Popeye opened) so we did the Falls again. This time I was in the 3rd seat, and Chip decided to hop in the very last seat. Still got pretty wet! Popeye's was open by then, so we headed that way. If I was wet before I got on Popeye's, I was completely drenched by the time we got off!!! The first bed into the rapids hit me and Chip square on and we only got wetter from there! We loved it!!! :rotfl: Now that we were well moistened, we made our way to Jurassic Park. I was impressed this ride on JP, there was actually mist on the water at the beginning!! I'm assuming the gates are going to be open permanently from now on? The only part of the ride that wasn't working was the bigger of the the 2 stegosaurus's. Still wet, we figured the best way to dry off a bit before lunch was to ride the Dueling Dragons. We did Ice first, in the front row. We had to wait I think 2 cars before we got on. Chip was wearing flip flops, and I was telling him he'd have to sit on them during the ride, and the people standing behind us over heard and the girl of the couple thanked me for the information as she was wearing flip flops too. I then started telling them of my crazy planning and research I had been doing since February for this trip. They were a really nice couple about our ages from NYC (Mike and Kristine). We did our ride on ice, which was awesome. We all rode Fire in the front row too. We all pretty much agreed that Ice was our favorite side. We parted ways after that (they went right upon entering so we were going in opposite directions), but made plans to go to the new karaoke bar that night. Chip and I were hungry, so we headed to Mythos!! It was beautiful inside. It was my turn to want a free cup, so I decided to get the Potion of the Gods. It was very tasty (and I had a little buzz when I finished it! :laughing:). I forgot to look at the appetizers so we didn't get any. I can't remember what the risotto of the day was, but there was also a special that the chef had submitted for a contest....but it didn't sound good to me (I'm somewhat picky about food). I did decide to get the Pastabilities. It was sooooooooooo good!! It was a pork pad thai, with pork, Julliene carrots, mushrooms, green onions, I think regular onions and rice noodle tossed with a sweet and sour peanut sauce. I almost died it was so good. Chip had the buffalo chicken wrap, which looked good and he said it was. For dessert, I had the raspberry cheesecake shot and the rice krispy sushi rolls. Chip had the chocolate banana gooey cake. I like the rolls, and Chip said the cake was good. With full bellies, we made our way to Seuss Landing. We came upon the High in the Sky Seuss Trolly Ride and hopped on that. It was fun. 1 Fish 2 Fish Red Fish Blue Fish was next, and I tried to follow the directions, but then I got bored and tried to get us wet. Well, tried to get Chip wet since he was on the side with the water shooters. Then for kicks and giggles, we rode the Caro-Seuss-el. We enjoyed ourselves. My favorite ride on that island followed that: The Cat in the Hat!! It was every bit as fun as I remembered.....though I didn't remember the turning of the couch being so rough! :laughing: We then made our second revolution of the island reriding: Hulk, Spiderman, Dudley, Popeye, and JP. I was a bit munchy after the riding, so we went the Croissant Moon and I got sandwich and a cheese croissant. The sandwich was alright, but the potato salad was delicious. It was actually my first time ever eating potato salad (the concept of it just sounds wrong to me, potatoes and mustard do not belong together). It looked really good, so I tried it. The cheese croissant was scrumptious. Chip got a funnel cake with strawberries while I was buying my food. It looked really good. After that we were pretty beat, so we headed back to the hotel. To relax a bit we headed down to the pool. Then we went back to the room to relax some more before we had to get ready. We headed down about 9:15 cause we were gonna try to get a cab since our feet were a little tired. The bell service guy called for one, but after about 10 minutes no one showed, so we walked. We got there about 9:30/9:40-ish and settled into a table in the back. stage We perused the song list, and were kinda disappointed. There wasn't a big selection. I chalked it up to the club having barely opened. Oh well! Being the braver one, I submitted my two song choices to the waitress (Hit Me With Your Best Shot, and Like a Virgin). I ordered a Coke cause I wasn't sure if I wanted to drink any that night. They started the next set about 10:30 (our friends were going to meet us at 10, didn't show, oh well). Either the first or second person up sang Hit Me With Your Best Shot. Darn!!! Guess I'd be doing Like a Virgin. It didn't help that the girl right before me was really good. I still had fun......and I copied the "Madonna crawling on the floor" bit that she did when she sang that song. I'm crazy I know. Funnily enough, it was after that that I decided to get a drink. It was a melon mixed drink, it had vodka (it may have been citrus vodka, I can't remember), melon liquer, and pineapple juice. Very good! Chip had an orange bomb (all I know is that it was Vodka and red bull...I don't know what made it orange). They also had some food choices for $5, so we got the potato onion webb. It was alright, a little salty. Chip had submitted his song request during the first break, but didn't get called during the second set. We were both really tired, so we didn't wait for the third set. Coming soon: Conquering Epcot in one day!!

Ok, before you kill me, I don't have any pictures from the parks for day 3. I knew that me and Chip would be doing the water rides a few times and to make it easier we just brought the essentials to get through the day.

We'll forgive you this time, but don't let it happen again!! :rotfl:

i love your report................

too bad you didn't video your number at rising star so we could have heard you......:rolleyes1

Great reporting :thumbsup2 Almost like I wrote it myself! :rotfl:

I LOVED those tiny purple flowers on the walkway to the HRH too...altho, my pic didn't come out as nice as yours. (btw, your 'globe' pic in day 2 is not the globe..it's the Studios)

Looks like the lines were short and you were getting everything done! Aside from the walk...you didn't need to stay onsite (altho, woulda been nice :rolleyes1 ) When you next time, go to Walmart and buy a cheap underwater camera (Fuji or Kodak)...then work extremely well for the water rides :thumbsup2

Looking forward to more :teeth:

Great reporting :thumbsup2 Almost like I wrote it myself! :rotfl:

I LOVED those tiny purple flowers on the walkway to the HRH too...altho, my pic didn't come out as nice as yours. (btw, your 'globe' pic in day 2 is not the globe..it's the Studios)

Looks like the lines were short and you were getting everything done! Aside from the walk...you didn't need to stay onsite (altho, woulda been nice :rolleyes1 ) When you next time, go to Walmart and buy a cheap underwater camera (Fuji or Kodak)...then work extremely well for the water rides :thumbsup2

Looking forward to more :teeth:

I learn from the best, Brab! Thanks for pointing out the pic error, it's fixed now. I thought about getting a cheap water camera.....but I haven't been impressed with the way the photo CD's usually come out on those, and I don't have a scanner. Don't worry though, the 2 days after Epcot are filled with IOA pics......but I don't think I got any of Toon Lagoon.

please don't kill me :scared:

Day 3: Islands of Adventure

I was a bit munchy after the riding, so we went the Croissant Moon and I got sandwich and a cheese croissant. The sandwich was alright, but the potato salad was delicious. It was actually my first time ever eating potato salad (the concept of it just sounds wrong to me, potatoes and mustard do not belong together).

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? All that German in high school and you NEVER tried potato salad before this trip? :eek:

I'm shocked, I tell ya. Shocked to my very foundation.

Potatoes taste good with everything (cuz they're bland) as long as you have balanced flavors. Ever tried Indian curried potatoes? Yummalicious.

LOVE the TR so far! I'm getting very excited about January!

Sorry the kareoke place didn't have more to choose from, but I'd have LOVED to see you doing Like a Virgin. Tell your dad you have to have a camera with video capability. We want to SEE these performances, young man. :3dglasses

:yay: :yay: :yay:

andy, you can buy the small digital camera that fits in the palm of your hand for $100. they have video capability and with sound.

i have one of those babies.

i use it all the time when i take pics/videos of my cat.

:woohoo: luvin this report

mythos is absolutely amazing find in an amusement park!

Question re finnegans, how was the corned beef sammich? last time we got it (really fatty-bleech) and fish (undercooked-double bleech) & chips; was hopiing it was an off day.

im ashamed to ask, what's with touching the hand on The Mummy?:confused3 @ the risk of getting my universal stripes taken away;)

:woohoo: luvin this report

mythos is absolutely amazing find in an amusement park!

Question re finnegans, how was the corned beef sammich? last time we got it (really fatty-bleech) and fish (undercooked-double bleech) & chips; was hopiing it was an off day.

im ashamed to ask, what's with touching the hand on The Mummy?:confused3 @ the risk of getting my universal stripes taken away;)

I liked the sammich. If 2 ppl toch the hand symbol on either side of the cask they're on......something happens! :thumbsup2

andy, you can buy the small digital camera that fits in the palm of your hand for $100. they have video capability and with sound.

i have one of those babies.

i use it all the time when i take pics/videos of my cat.

Well, my camera does video.....but we didn't think to record it. Plus anytime I try to upload a vid I take with it, it takes forever!!

I would of payed money too see you singing"Like A Virgin" and crawling on the stage like Maddona..:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You are crazy dude!!

You did not wear a thong at the pool did Ya??:rotfl2:

Great trippie man :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter