~ All My Children Fans ~ What's new in Pine Valley? *Rebecca returning as Greenlee*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thinking, Piratesmate - another amnesia storyline! :) Edmund and Maria are very painful to watch - especially "knowing" about the actors' real life situation. Big surprise - he rejected her attempt at reconciliation AGAIN, yesterday. When is she just going to give up and run to Zach, already??? I knew that they were going to flash back to the first time that Edmund and Maria were together in the stables, when she started getting intimate with Zach there. But as they said themselves, things are never going to be the way that they used to be........so they should just END IT and stop torturing us by forcing us to watch Edmund be so smug and self-important, already! It was almost easier to watch him date MIA than it has been watching him be so cruel to Maria!

So glad that Ryan and Greenlee are finally going to leave Ethan and Kendall alone (hopefully). Ryan is so suspicious of everyone - hasn't he noticed that Jonathan has been acting a bit weird / defensive / constantly-on-the-verge-of-flying-off-the-handle, lately???

Loved Reggie and Danielle deciding to wait and being honest with each other! That was very sweet (and it hearkens back to the days of Jenny and Greg.......Angie and Jessie........Tad and Hillary.........Julie and Charlie........Anita and Bobby (the teenage years).........Laura and Scott........Becca and Scott.........Becca and Leo........).

Can't wait for today's episode! Loved the trailer for today's show, with Opal muttering to Myrtle about Agnes Nixon "......you'd think she built this town, or something"! :)

IASWRider...ohhhhh, Jennie and Greg. :love: Who can ever forget Jennie and Greg. Absolutely loved them. Thanks for the reminder. :D

I can't remember who shot Edmund and why? I guess that was a meaningful sl to me. So can anyone refresh my memory? Maria mentioned the other day it was the anniversary of his shooting.

I also think it is weird that Aidan is courting his former lovers sister but I do really like him and Anita together.

Yesterday was a kissy day on the soap and it was nice to see people happy for a change. :love:

Happy New Year everyone!

Pembo - I can't remember either....was it even someone we knew? Wasn't it some SL where he was trying to protect someone at a mountain hideaway? Juan Carlos or his brother? Oh, oh - he was shot by somebody from the Calvatras family wasn't he?

You know it scares me that I know that! I soooo didn't pay attention to that who SL! ;)

IASW Rider - I loved Opal's line yesterday, too! This looks like it will be a good day for nostalgia!

I can't believe Carol Burnett was on! Way too funny, I knew she was a big AMC fan cause I read a story about her leaving for vacation and wanted to make sure she wasn't going to miss Bianca getting her baby back. LOL.

I'd forgotten she was a fan until I saw her today! I remember that Verla storyline. :teeth: What a hoot!

I'm going to have to try to catch it again tonight...DH called 3 times :mad:while it was on! I think he does it on purpose. ;)

Did Carol Burnett play Verla today? I forgot that it was the anniversary show today :charac2: I didn't tape it and we don't have SoapNet. I'll have to ask my Mom to save her tape. Did they do a lot of flashbacks? I love when they do that.

Yes, Carol was on today as Verla. What a riot! I hope your Mom has her tape!

There were a few people from the past & then at the end they showed clips of old shows. As I mentioned DH kept calling & "needed" to discuss things with me :rolleyes: so I missed a lot of it. I don't remember seeing other flashbacks - but that doesn't mean they weren't there! ;)

Mark (Erica's brother) was on & so was her ex-husband Nick. I saw Tom (another ex) in the crowd and Phoebe I only saw for a quick second. I'm not sure she even said anything. The poor woman looked pretty bad. (My neighbor is 92 & looks a LOT better.)

Opal was funny today. Her nose was really out of joint because of Agnes Nixon (not the surname they used, but I didn't catch it.) Myrtle was telling her that Palmer could be hers again if she just made a play for him. :teeth: (At least I think that's what she said.)

Today's show was good. Carol Burnett was too funny! :cool1:

They had flashbacks at the end of the show only (that I remember). I wish they would have had more - they are so nice to see. They showed the "original" Ruth & Kate, Jenny & Greg, Tad & Dixie & so many others.

When Bianca was reading the letter from Mona I was tearing up. It was very touching. Of course, I think they're setting us up for Miranda to be just like Erica some day (well, in the soap world that will be very soon! :D ).

I really enjoyed today's episode. :flower1:

I just finished watching todays episode. It was great!
When Bianca was reading the letter, I had a few tears Then the last line I broke down completly. :sad1:
I kept waiting for Travis to walk in.
The video clip to "Still the One" also had me tears.
I wish I would taped it!

What a great episode and so many memories. I loved seeing the clips of Haley and Mateo and Nina and Cliff. Since I've always been a Dixie fan it was fun to see her. Now help me with my memory. They showed the clip of Jessie and his wife when he was dying but I can't remember her name. Does anyone remember what her name was. I think she was doctor at PVH.

Thanks,

Elise

ColoradoBuffaloMom said:
What a great episode and so many memories. I loved seeing the clips of Haley and Mateo and Nina and Cliff. Since I've always been a Dixie fan it was fun to see her. Now help me with my memory. They showed the clip of Jessie and his wife when he was dying but I can't remember her name. Does anyone remember what her name was. I think she was doctor at PVH.

Thanks,

Elise
Jessie's wife was Angie. It was so nice to see those couples. I loved Jenny and Greg and Nina and Cliff too.

Patti

I loved some of the lines they slipped in -- like Carol Burnett saying as Bianca left "let them be happy for 5 minutes"....a sentiment we've been saying here on this board.

Simone also returned and she made some comment about "being in a baby mood". ;)

My mind must be going, too. I can't remember all the details about Edmund's shooting but it was when they were all trapped in the cabin with Juan Pablo with the bad guys coming after them. Maria somehow figured out where they were and went to rescue everyone but I think that also led to her leading more bad guys to where they were. Everyone was running around hiding from bad guys and Edmund basically took a bullet shoving Maria out of the way.

What a wonderful show today! I LOVED Carol Burnett too & yes, she had the same sentiment about Bianca & Miranda that we do - happy for 5 mins!

Patti,

Thanks so much for remembering Angie's name. It was driving me nuts that I couldn't remember :)

Elise

Oh I teared up too. I rembered the episodes when Mona died and they were amazing. And I'm going way back here but when Joe Martin's mother died they did a really good tribute too.

I hadn't realized Ruth Warwick was so ill, God bless her besides Erica no one could tear up the screen like her.

s&k'smom said:
I hadn't realized Ruth Warwick was so ill, God bless her besides Erica no one could tear up the screen like her.

Speaking of tears - it actually looked like "Erica" was shedding some real tears when Bianca was reading the letter from Mona. I wonder if something hit home for Susan Lucci with that scene.

ColoradoBuffaloMom said:
What a great episode and so many memories. I loved seeing the clips of Haley and Mateo and Nina and Cliff.

I was a huge Nina & Cliff fan. Before Soapnet I used to tape the episodes.
I have a tape full of Nina & Cliff scenes including their wedding (2nd time).

It was have been a blast if they had Tara, Phill & Chuck there.

MELSMICE said:
Speaking of tears - it actually looked like "Erica" was shedding some real tears when Bianca was reading the letter from Mona. I wonder if something hit home for Susan Lucci with that scene.

I thought that too. I know the woman who played Mona was like a second mother to her, I think she just still misses her that much. Very touching, had me in tears big time!!!

Loved Carol Burnett and her happy for five minutes line!

So great to see Simone, I was so afraid she wouldn't come back.

UGH Ryan drives me nuts when he acts the way he does sometime, and then Kendall will never just say No, she always says something snarky. I loved it when she and Greens were talking, I would love to see them true friends again. Man, Etahn is so good looking, Alicia Minishew is a lucky lady!

I wish Cady McClain would leave her current job, JR needs Dixie so bad. Nothing else is going to redeem him. In the previews when he said Adam Chandler the 3rd, it gave me the heebie jeebies, yuck!

I wish Babe and Jamie would get to have a good time if you know what I mean, they are so cute. There is some real chemistry there carrying in from their real life. Reminds me of Hayley and Mateo way back when.

Ed-dumb, nothing left to say. Total creep. He was nice saying they should spend Christmas together, then they didnt' even show it. Now he's a jerk again. Write him off already!

Agnes Nixon is looking really old, oh my. I hope Palmer and Opal get back together, they are so funny.

Now it's really time to out Jonny boy now. How long do you suppose that's gonna take???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter