All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

Hi, I'm from Miramichi, NB...I can't believe I found an Atlantic Canada thread. We are going in December and I can't wait! It will be our little girl's first visit, she turns 2 3 weeks before we go.

I'm originally from the Miramichi! but living in Fredericton now. We flew out of Bangor. We took our son when he was 19 months old. He LOVED it - don't let anyone tell you she's too young to go. There is so much for them to do and see.

Have fun!!!!

No such thing as the wrong age to enjoy WDW. I had the great fortune to be there with my DGS when he was 8 months old. He may not remember but the memories of that time are among MY most magical ones - ever! It was also very special to watch my 89 yr old DM's amazement on her very first trip.

Still no Osborne Lights dates posted. Not sure if I am happy, because at least I still have hope, or just anxious to know for sure. :confused3

Sounds like there are a number of us going this November. Our dates are Nov 6 - 20. How about yours?

We saw Osborne Festival of Lights in Nov 2009 ... loved it. If the kids didn't have a 2 week break in Feb 2011, I would go in November.

As it stands now .. Feb 12, 2011 to Feb 27, 2011

Ted

We're there November 11-20. I can't wait, I just booked the platinum plan for 1 night to take advantage of many tours, V&A's, recreation activities and a fireworks cruise.

Too bad I didn't think about this on our honeymoon trip last year.

We're there November 11-20. I can't wait, I just booked the platinum plan for 1 night to take advantage of many tours, V&A's, recreation activities and a fireworks cruise.

We're at AKL alomost the same dates you are! Perhaps we'll have a dismeet! Check out my pretrip report in my signature if you're interested :thumbsup2

A sentimental day in history, because it was Mothers' Day 1994 when we entered our first park, on our very first family trip to WDW. At that time, it was MGM Studios and all mother's were greeted at the entrance by a smiling castmember who presented us with a carnation corsage. Not sure why we chose the Studios over MK, but likely because we'd read advice about the crowd levels on each park. Yes, I was a planner, even back then. It was a magical day, and a totally magical trip.

Hey guys,

Dh and I met in Ottawa but I convinced him to move here to my hometown. We own a motel and chalet business. We don't have kids but we have 4 cats.

His first trip to WDW was in 2001 and we have been going about once a year since (sometimes twice)

We usually drive cause we stay a month in total (2 weeks at Disney and 2 weeks with my Mom in Port Charlotte)

We usually stay off-site in condos unless it's a very short stay like the 2 nights we went in Feb 2010. We stayed at Pop.

Nice to see more people from the east coast.

Edited to add: Our next trip is supposed to be 2 weeks at the start of December with friends....I week on-site at Carribean Resort and 1 week off-site at a condo to do others things in Orlando.

We've been a pretty quiet bunch lately, :confused3 but live just keeps s
getting in the way of posting at times, doesn't it? We must all be getting ready for summer! Of course, that doesn't stop me from checking the Disboards for any news on the Osborne Lights date for 2010. I saw a few references to Nov 8, but can't find anything offical on any Disney websites.

Aside from that, it's all about work...housework...yardwork...and praying for better weather through our short summer season than we had last year. Of course, I'll just dream about sunny skies and WDW if things get gray in NS.

LuvMyEAR I know all about it! I check a few sections of the DIS regularly, but don't post as often because I'm quite busy. I'm excited to be going back in July though! 8 days at All Star Movies with a friend. Then my sister flies down to meet us and we'll have 3 nights at the Grand Floridian!!! It's been my dream to stay there, well, almost as long as I've been dreaming about WDW. We got the fabulous 40% off code, and then because we're splitting 3 ways, it's about $100 each a night. For me, I normally go solo, so it's crazy to think that I'm actually paying less for the GF than I've paid to go March Break at a value. :)

I've been checking Continental for flights out of Halifax, well I'm always checking for flights :rotfl:, and they have some really great prices from now until December. Right now September is showing lots of availability for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday departures, 7 days for $271 ($373 inc tax). I was interested in 10 day trips for $285 ($388 inc tax). These are final prices, taxes in, Canadian dollars. :thumbsup2

Makes a person want to go just to take advantage of good flights and free dining. I'm hoping things will line up for me and I can take my own advice!

Search this calendar for flights and prices. http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/apps/booking/flight/fareCalendar.aspx

Tinkershelly:

In Dec 2009 I secured March 16 to March 29th 2010 for $223 .. worked out to $329 cdn per person (4 people). Remember to select Canada as your point of origin .... so that the cost is converted to CDN dollars. Sometimes $CDN comes in lower than $US.

Ted

I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice. We are headed down to portland Oct 1 to fly out Oct 2. I will have the money for airfare mid August. That is about 6 weeks off from when we need to fly out. I am nervous about waiting that long, but right now the flights are not at a good price...so perhaps waiting is better anyway? Can anybody give me some advice to soften my worry? :)

Vikki.....I'm in Shediac too....Nice to meet you....Well, our business is in Shediac but we live in Barachois....Small world.

Photobearsam, How is the scrapbooking coming along? I have been looking to see more pages.

Photobearsam, How is the scrapbooking coming along? I have been looking to see more pages.

I have only made 2 more layouts but that will be it till the fall because we opened Our motel for the summer and I am here 12-15 hrs a day, 7 days a week till October 15th....But I will post the 2 layouts soon.

I'm actually from Barachois, but live in Scoudouc now. My mom still lives there. Really small world.

Just wanted to say Hi, I am in Dieppe. :) My family has a cottage out in Grand Barachois. :) The power of Disney lol

Just wanted to say Hi, I am in Dieppe. :) My family has a cottage out in Grand Barachois. :) The power of Disney lol

My brother owns the grocery store in Barachois (It was my parents till a few years ago)

Nice to see locals on here. We have to get a DIS meet in the fall.....Would be nice to meet you all.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice. We are headed down to portland Oct 1 to fly out Oct 2. I will have the money for airfare mid August. That is about 6 weeks off from when we need to fly out. I am nervous about waiting that long, but right now the flights are not at a good price...so perhaps waiting is better anyway? Can anybody give me some advice to soften my worry? :)

I think in mid August you could get a good price on airfare from PWM. Just check with booking buddy or specifically with the airlines websites. Worse case .. you could drive 2 more hours to get to Manchester or Logan if something weird happened with prices. Stop worrying ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter