All Our Wishes Will Come True-A May 2010 PTR!-Trip Report is Started 7/14

I lied. :rolleyes1 Not intentionally, of course. I had to change around the ADR times again. I realized that the times of both of my DHS ADRs were during Block Party Bash, which we want to see. So 50's Prime Time has been moved back to its original time of 11:05am on the 25th.

Jen, I think you cursed me!! I just had the brilliant idea to add and ADR at Rose & Crown so we can view IllumiNations from there. However, we might have to cancel the Le Cellier reservation because both of those restaurants are fairly expensive. If anyone has an opinion on which to choose, go vote here please!

I'm in! Your trip sounds amazing! How wonderful that you were able to get the TEACH grant. I taught highschool English for years & teaching is definitely a wonderful commitment that gives back in so many ways. :goodvibes

Your plans sound great. Your luck is really on a roll, huh? Kidani Village is beautiful. I would love to figure out that renting points thing. Sounds like a good deal. :thumbsup2

My daughter & I are going on a trip in May, too. But we'll be there the 1st week instead of the last.

I look forward to more updates!

I'm in! Your trip sounds amazing! How wonderful that you were able to get the TEACH grant. I taught highschool English for years & teaching is definitely a wonderful commitment that gives back in so many ways. :goodvibes

Your plans sound great. Your luck is really on a roll, huh? Kidani Village is beautiful. I would love to figure out that renting points thing. Sounds like a good deal. :thumbsup2

My daughter & I are going on a trip in May, too. But we'll be there the 1st week instead of the last.

I look forward to more updates!

:welcome: to my PTR! I have been pretty lucky so far-my mom says all my wishing and hoping paid off! Renting points is really easy, and the Rent/Trade board is a good place to start. Here on the DIS, the person I'm renting through is Cropman.

I'm heading over to read your PTR right now!

Jen, I think you cursed me!! I just had the brilliant idea to add and ADR at Rose & Crown so we can view IllumiNations from there. However, we might have to cancel the Le Cellier reservation because both of those restaurants are fairly expensive. If anyone has an opinion on which to choose, go vote here please!

:rotfl2: Oops! Sorry :rolleyes1 I knew the ADRs urge would creep up on you eventually. I voted for Le Cellier only because that's one of my fav places to eat plus Bubba has worked there for the last year. R&C isn't one of my faves, only because my last experience there wasn't the greatest. It depends on what's important to you. Do you want to eat at a very popular restaurant with amazing food or rather a one-of-a-kind dining experience with not so great food (in my opinion). Whatever you decide, I hope it's magical :wizard:

We decided to just stick with Le Cellier. Mom likes the menu there better. Our original plan was to grab a table at Cantina de San Angel and wait for IllumiNations, but it is going to be closed until fall. So we think we'll just grab something from Norway and hang over there instead. Also, today I figured out that I have made 26 ADRs since the 180 day mark. I now have 9. I've changed Le Cellier 6 times-that's the most. The only ones I haven't changed at some point are Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, Chef Mickey's, and Ohana.

If you haven't seen these videos yet, go watch them. Right now. They make the parks look miniature and everything seems sped up. It's called tilt-shift photography. And I love the music!
Magic Kingdom
Epcot

We decided to just stick with Le Cellier. Mom likes the menu there better. Our original plan was to grab a table at Cantina de San Angel and wait for IllumiNations, but it is going to be closed until fall. So we think we'll just grab something from Norway and hang over there instead. Also, today I figured out that I have made 26 ADRs since the 180 day mark. I now have 9. I've changed Le Cellier 6 times-that's the most. The only ones I haven't changed at some point are Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, Chef Mickey's, and Ohana.

Ooh, I've always wanted to try LeCellier. I can't eat red meat, so I've just not bothered before. I did see on someone's TR (Great Biscuit, I think?) that he ordered the Chocolate Mousse. I expected to see a parfait cup with pudding like stuff in it. Nope! It was the cutest little moose shaped dessert!

Looked like stiff pudding cakes (like they have in Great Britain) put together to look like a moose. For some reason (who knows why?:confused3) I just L-O-V-E moose! The t-shirts "Got Moose?" crack me up. It confounds my DD every time I say it & giggle. :lmao: Anyhoo, maybe you can order that for your dessert while you're there?

Ooh, I've always wanted to try LeCellier. I can't eat red meat, so I've just not bothered before. I did see on someone's TR (Great Biscuit, I think?) that he ordered the Chocolate Mousse. I expected to see a parfait cup with pudding like stuff in it. Nope! It was the cutest little moose shaped dessert!

Looked like stiff pudding cakes (like they have in Great Britain) put together to look like a moose. For some reason (who knows why?:confused3) I just L-O-V-E moose! The t-shirts "Got Moose?" crack me up. It confounds my DD every time I say it & giggle. :lmao: Anyhoo, maybe you can order that for your dessert while you're there?

I haven't the slightest idea what a stiff pudding cake is :confused3 but the "Chocolate Moose" is chocolate mousse rolled in chocolate crumbs with maple antlers. My mom and I are thinking about that or the maple creme brulee. Both sound good to me!

I haven't the slightest idea what a stiff pudding cake is :confused3 but the "Chocolate Moose" is chocolate mousse rolled in chocolate crumbs with maple antlers. My mom and I are thinking about that or the maple creme brulee. Both sound good to me!

Ah, now I see why it looked like that! In England, their puddings are boiled & come out sort of like a cake. Like their plum pudding at Christmas. I guess my description was sort of lacking!:rotfl:

Plum Pudding:
4275120802_fbef5b947e_o.jpg

From the picture I saw, I thougt that's what they used.
503518053_31209830a8.jpg

But the description sounds much better now! Yum!

Woah, it's been a while since I've updated!

I came back to school on the 16th; classes started on the 19th. My classes seem okay so far, though I've only had a few of them once so far. Anatomy & Physiology seems okay, if a little boring. You know the old Winnie the Pooh and Friends video commercials? My professor sounds like the guy who comments on them.

Dance History should be interesting as well. We're not studying the history of dances, instead it's the history of dance as an art form. We watched a video produced by MGM called "That's Dancing!", produced and hosted by Gene Kelly.

Human Bio Lecture-my professor sounds like Alex Trebek from Jeopardy. Science people have such weird senses of humor. He showed us photos of people with piercings through their cheeks and shins, and babies with tails. Very disturbing.

I added Art History-Renaissance through the Rococo the day I came back-5 of my friends are in it also. The professor took attendance-it's a 150 person lecture. :headache: I think she did it to see who didn't show up so she could remove them from the class if other people wanted to get in. We watched a movie/cartoon on the building of Notre Dame. I want to know where they found the voices for the cartoon people-they were hysterical. My friends and I couldn't look at each other or we would burst out laughing. The best part? Everything we have to read is on WIKIPEDIA?! Isn't that the bane of all teachers?

Human Bio Lab-I'm in a group with another freshman girl and a junior guy. His comment? "Great, I'm with two freshmen." My friends' response when I told them about it? "Why did he wait until junior year to take a science core?"

Language Acquisition-I found out the College Union printer doesn't charge me to print there. So I printed out many, many things over the past week and still have my $30.:goodvibes I read the chapter, then found out we didn't have to until after he teaches it. :lmao: During spring break I also have to find a cousin between the ages of 3-6 and collect a language sample from them, then analyze it. :scared1:

I don't have a roommate. :sad1: But Corinne across the hall is nice, and her friend Alina is in my comm disorders classes.

I went to a Candlelight Vigil for Haiti last night, and met some new girls there that live in my hall. I watched Twilight with them and we had a great time making fun of it. Don't get me wrong. I started reading the books the summer they came out. Just picked it up at the library and thought it looked interesting. Then it became this big phenomenon. The movie is really bad, but I do own it. New Moon the movie was better than Twilight, solely because Taylor Lautner takes off his shirt. Still, it's pretty bad.

Speaking of books, I saw a trailer awhile ago for "The Last Song", starring Miley Cyrus, written by Nicholas Sparks. I picked it up from the library yesterday and read the whole thing in about 5 hours. It was awesome. I even cried a little. The movie looks good, and it comes out on my birthday:yay: Click here if you want to watch the trailer The Last Song Trailer

I'm also applying to be an RA for next year. I have no idea who I'll be living with at this point, so that would be a good starting point! If I'm in a corridor style hall like I am now, I'll have my own room. If I'm in a suite style, I get my own bedroom, and then can choose who I want to live with me in the other rooms, or I can let reslife pick.

This semester I'm joining Flute Choir, GODA, and NSSLHA.
-Flute Choir:Pretty self explanatory
-GODA: Geneseo Organization for Deaf Awareness. They learn sign language and then perform it to songs at the end of the semester.
-NSSLHA: National Student Speech, Language, and Hearing Association. Basically, it's the student Speech Path/Audiology Club.
I will also continue with my work study job, and lobby hosting before tours, so I can apply to be a tour guide for next year as well.
This semester will definitely be busy!:eek:

I think I'm done rambling now! Hope everyone's January is going well-I can't believe it's over in a week!

I get tired just reading about your classes. Yikes. Hope you can keep up with it all and still plan for Disney :goodvibes

I get tired just reading about your classes. Yikes. Hope you can keep up with it all and still plan for Disney :goodvibes

I'm tired just thinking about how long this week has been-and it's only the first full one :faint:

Of course I still have time to plan for Disney, though there isn't much left for me to plan! I played around with RideMax for similar hours today, but I can't wait for May dates to come out (in mid-March!)

Hi Gretchen! It seems like I keep finding PTRs for the month of May. It looks like there may be more DISers there than CMs. :lmao:

What a great thing about the TEACH program. :yay: This is my 17th year of teaching and I love it. Being in speech path., you should not have any trouble finding a job. I know, here, around home, they are hard to find. Good luck with the classes this semester. :thumbsup2

Hi Gretchen! It seems like I keep finding PTRs for the month of May. It looks like there may be more DISers there than CMs. :lmao:

What a great thing about the TEACH program. :yay: This is my 17th year of teaching and I love it. Being in speech path., you should not have any trouble finding a job. I know, here, around home, they are hard to find. Good luck with the classes this semester. :thumbsup2

I too have seen many PTRs for May-who knew it was such a popular month!?

Part of why I chose speech pathology is because I know it's easy to find a job. I originally wanted to teach elementary education, but it's such a popular choice that it's difficult to get a job. My other option was spanish, but I can't roll my r's.:sad1:

There are 27 states/territories as of '09-'10 that need some form of speech pathology.

They include:
Alabama
Connecticut
Delaware
D.C.
Florida
Illinois
Kansas
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Montana
Nebraska
New Hampshire
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virgina
Wisconsin
Virgin Islands

Of course NY isn't a state with a shortage, so I guess I'll be moving :laughing: But Florida has a shortage and that's where I want to go :goodvibes

Wow, it sounds like you've got quite the semester ahead of you! Your classes & activities sound like fun. I wish I was still in college - I loved my time there. :lovestruc Enjoy every moment!

Speech pathology is a great field - I know here in Louisiana there's a great need for them. We're not Florida - but it's still the Deep South. :thumbsup2

Hi everybody! Sorry I haven't updated in awhile. School has been very busy. I dropped my art history class because I didn't like it and I have so much other stuff going on. I've been to several flute choir meetings and I'm really enjoying it. Our theme is "Fairy Tale" and we're playing songs like "Scarborough Fair" and "Reflection" from Mulan. We're also playing a "Magic and Mystery Suite". The first part is Bach's Tocatta in D Minor, which you may recognize from SpectroMagic. It plays right after Jiminy Cricket says "where the thrill of Disney fantasies come to electric life." We're also getting T-shirts and they should look something like this:

Front:
front.jpg

Back:
Back.jpg

I have my first sign language class tonight, and the theme for our songs for that is Boy Bands. I also got an A- on my first bio test!

I have a roommate now. My friend from next door moved in because her roommate is dating an emotionally abusive guy and my friend couldn't deal with her roommate coming back to the room crying and then running back to him every three days.

So I checked allears this morning and this is what I see:

Untitled.jpg

:scared1: I say "What?!" and my roommate, Katie, says "What's wrong?" I said "I don't know yet, let me read the details" :rotfl2:

I'm thinking "I've never even really seen Wishes and I love SpectroMagic. This can't be happening!" So I read the blog and it says these changes will be happening in early June. Whew! Quote from the blog:
"• The term “Summer Nightastic” was introduced to describe the 2010 Summer nights at Walt Disney World.
• Crofton announced to a very happy audience that the Main Street Electrical Parade was coming back to The Magic Kingdom in early June 2010. This time the ELP will have Tinker Bell leading the way. Also, Snow White and Pinocchio will also be joining the parade.
• Also this summer The Magic Kingdom will have a new fireworks spectacular at The Magic Kingdom.
• At Disney’s Hollywood Studios the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror will welcome “drop-ins” with new surprises, new lighting effects, and a new drop sequence.
• The Sounds Like Summer concert series returns to Epcot and there are plans to expand Disney’s Animal Kingdom evening hours.

Overall it sounds pretty cool, especially the ToT updates and the AK extended hours. Just let me experience Disney the way it is one more time before everything completely changes! Maybe in a few years I'll go back to see the Fantasyland expansion and all the new things, like Star Tours.

That's all for now. And we're almost to the 3 month mark!

Cute shirt! :thumbsup2 I'll have to share that with my youngest daughter...she plays flute in our school's concert band.

Hey everybody! I’m trying to type this quietly as Katie just worked the 12-8 shift as a dispatcher at University Police; she’s a little tired! I’ve got a few things to share with you.

1)My friends and I went to see “Valentine’s Day” on Saturday. It was cute and predictable, but those are my favorite kinds of movies! Plus it’s directed by Garry Marshall, so I had fun looking for the people that he uses in almost all his movies. If you don’t know, go watch the Princess Diaries and then Valentine’s Day. I’ll tell you the people and their roles in both movies.
-Kathleen Marshall (Garry’s daughter)(Charlotte in PD/Cashier at the Flower Store in VD)
-Larry Miller (Paolo in PD/Southwest Oversize Baggage Counter Guy in VD)
-Hector Elizando (Joe in PD/Edgar in VD)

2)I had an Anatomy & Physiology test on Wednesday, which we received the grades for on Friday. I got an 82 (B-) but when we went over the test, there was one question where the professor marked the wrong answer and a few questions that more than half the class missed, so we got 2 points back for each. That brought me up to an 88 (B+)!

3)I heard on the DIS that Wishes will be replaced by Magic, Music, and Mayhem (the fireworks from the Pirate and Princess Parties). I don’t know if it’s true, but I like that show (from what I’ve seen of it on YouTube) almost as good as Wishes. It’s especially cool when the pirates “blow up” the castle!

4)The price of the Crystal Palace breakfast has gone up $2/person. :sad2:

5)We are almost to the 3 month mark! Currently at 3 months and 2 days!

6)Yesterday I received an e-mail from JC, the guy I am renting the DVC points from. He said he was reading this PTR and would like to upgrade us to a Savannah view room for the last 4 or 5 days of our trip. I’m thinking “This is too good to be true. What’s the catch?” I called mom to ask her if she’d be up for it; I knew she might not like the idea of having to switch rooms halfway through, getting new room keys, packing/repacking all the luggage, etc., but she said she’d be fine with it. She did make fun of me though, saying “When are you going to sit and watch the animals? I didn’t think sitting was in your itinerary!” Haha mom, very funny. I then said, “That’s what our four hour afternoon breaks are for.” “Four hours? I can see napping for two, but not four!” “I’m building in travel time…”
So I e-mailed JC and said “I’d like to take you up on your offer, but I just want to make sure I’m not misunderstanding and that you want to do this at no extra cost to me.” He replied that he just wanted to do this because “anybody going for that long should have a view of the Savannah for at least a few days.” He said from reading this PTR I seemed like a nice, good person and sometime good people need good things to happen to them. Well, that turned my not so great Valentine’s Day right around. However, I didn’t get back to him fast enough and the savannah view is no longer available, at the end or the beginning of the trip. I got excited, but we are fine with the standard view, because I don’t think even those are too bad, we won’t be in the room much, and there are plenty of public viewing areas. (JC, if you’re reading this, thank you again for your generosity. We really appreciate it, even if it didn’t work out!)

Thanks for letting me know about the price hike at CP. Didn't even know about that!

Too bad you missed out on the Savannah view. I'm sure you'll be so busy going in and out of your room, that you'll hardly notice the lack of animals. It would've been nice though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter