Allens wheelchair rental?

albianne

Mouseketeer
I have checked for info on the disability board but it seems to all be DW related not DL. The last time in DL I thought I read somewhere that there was a place called Allens Mobility or something like that, that rented out scooters and would even deliver to the hotel. Can somone check the yellow pages for me and post the number. I actually may only need to rent a shower stool not a wheelchair, we are staying at the Annabella again and the last time they didn't have a simply shower stool that they could place in the tub. They did have handicapped rooms with roll in showers but the rooms only had one bed and we need the 2 bed room, beats me why an otherwise nice, comfortable, clean, affordable hotel can't be bothered to buy a couple of stools for less than 50.00 to use in their regular rooms when needed.

Here is the number for Deckert Medical. They deliver to the DL area. We had a great experience renting a scooter from them.

Deckert Surgical - (714-542-5607)

Thanks for the indo Itinkso, just thought I would update you. I phoned the Annabella and explained my situation and the front desk staff worker was super kind and considerate of my needs as an amputee and she upgraded me to a concierge room with a handicapped shower for a very nominal fee. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders, because showering in strange surroundings can be a real adventure to myself or anyone in a wheelchair LOL I feel like I have just won a prize, I am so happy, I will do a trip report when I get back on the 12th of November (we leave on the 4th).

Albianne

Albianne, I'm so happy for you! I can imagine that it must be a tremendous relief and now you can can just worry about having fun!

I see the world through very, very different eyes after last week. I went with my mother to Disneyland as we do every year and this time she had to rent a scooter. She had double knee replacement surgery two months ago and while she can walk a little, she certainly can't walk Disneyland. Yikes! I could not believe how many people ignore or "don't see" people in wheel chairs. She was totally invisible to others. I must have watched a thousand people cut in front of her, forcing her to stop suddenly (which was hard on her knees) or hit them. They were totally inconsiderate. She did hit a few people...they would charge in front of her and she had no time to stop! Then they would get angry at HER. It really was a challenge. I like to think I've always tried to be considerate to people with disabilities, but I have to admit, I had no idea just how big the challenge really was.

Well anyhow, you have a GREAT time! Say hello to Captain Jack Sparrow for us! He really is just amazing! My mum just LOVES him and meeting him was the high point of the trip for her! Here's a photo!

dis29.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter