Allure of the Seas

I won't be sailing on Allure this summer, however, I have sailed on her before. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

We sailed Allure on the Eastern for Thanksgiving week. I can try to help if you have any questions.

I am fine thanks. Just was seeing if anyone else has an upcoming trip for this summer that I can pass the time with as we share plans and countdown our days.

We are booked on the June 1st sailing but it is looking pretty iffy. Money and health issues have come up.

We are sailing on the Allure this summer to the eastern caribbean. Can't wait !

I don't think you can go wrong either way. My wife has always wanted to go to St. Thomas. I must admit, being here in IL with 8 inches of blowing snow in 40mph winds with a -45 degree windchill settling in really makes me yearn for this cruise !

We sailed Allure on the Eastern for Thanksgiving week. I can try to help if you have any questions.

We are on Allure this Thanksgiving! Anything we need to know? What excursions did you do?

When can you pre-book the shows and stuff... my dad keeps freaking out on me to do it, but I am pretty sure it's after PIF date right, like 90 days?

Thanks!
kim

We are sailing the Western on Allure October 19th.

I'd love to hear tips & suggestions from folks who have been on the Allure!

We got back from the Allure Christmas sailing (Eastern Carribean) about 3 weeks ago and had an overall good time but will probably stick with Disney in the future.

Tips:
1. If you're on My Time Dining, definitely make your desired dining times online as early as possible. Secure your character breakfast reservation on line as early as possible as well.
2. For My Time Dining, if you have to switch to another time while you're on board, you will be told to come as a walk-on. To shorten your wait, upon check-in, tell them that you'd like first available table, otherwise they try to place you in the same dining area and same server(s) from your previous night(s) and that resulted in a wait of 25 minutes for us for one night before we wised up!
3. Be sure to ask about the ice cream and sherbert flavor of the day. We love their ice cream and tropical sherbert and most of their sugar-free dessert while the regular dessert was just "meh" to us.
4. If you buy the soda package and are super thirsty, go light on the ice, since you have to wait 10 minutes for the next refill if you use their self-service soda machine. The machine keeps track by scanning information from the bottom of the soda cup.
5. For show reservations, don't stress if you don't get the times you want online. Although I did book all my shows online, I decided last minute to switch things around, so after embarking and settling in, I went to make reservation show changes at Studio B on Deck 4 and easily got everything I wanted. They do set aside seats for people making reservations on embarkation day.
6. Chicago and OceanAria were amazing and not to be missed!
7. The Move It Move It parade exceeded our expeectation. We showed up 20 minutes early and were able to get a good spot. If you can't find any spots along the two sides, you can sit/stand at some of the center islands where they have the merchandise booths. The parades loops around several times, so don't fret if you see Po on the other side...he'll loop around and come back to your spot.
8. We didn't discover the soft serve (it's actually frozen yogurt) self-serve machines on the pool deck (I think it's Deck 15) until Day 5. The spot is a bit hidden so ask for directions.
9. We love the Solaruim for breakfast because they serve mango, papaya, hot shrimp miso soup and the other fruits also seem to be more fresh and less "picked over" compared to the Windjammer.
10. When you turn off the lights at night in your stateroom, be sure not to turn off the "master" switch, the big square button outside the bathroom. Otherwise, you will not get any air conditioning while sleeping at night.

Have fun!

We got back from the Allure Christmas sailing (Eastern Carribean) about 3 weeks ago and had an overall good time but will probably stick with Disney in the future.

Tips:
1. If you're on My Time Dining, definitely make your desired dining times online as early as possible. Secure your character breakfast reservation on line as early as possible as well.
2. For My Time Dining, if you have to switch to another time while you're on board, you will be told to come as a walk-on. To shorten your wait, upon check-in, tell them that you'd like first available table, otherwise they try to place you in the same dining area and same server(s) from your previous night(s) and that resulted in a wait of 25 minutes for us for one night before we wised up!
3. Be sure to ask about the ice cream and sherbert flavor of the day. We love their ice cream and tropical sherbert and most of their sugar-free dessert while the regular dessert was just "meh" to us.
4. If you buy the soda package and are super thirsty, go light on the ice, since you have to wait 10 minutes for the next refill if you use their self-service soda machine. The machine keeps track by scanning information from the bottom of the soda cup.
5. For show reservations, don't stress if you don't get the times you want online. Although I did book all my shows online, I decided last minute to switch things around, so after embarking and settling in, I went to make reservation show changes at Studio B on Deck 4 and easily got everything I wanted. They do set aside seats for people making reservations on embarkation day.
6. Chicago and OceanAria were amazing and not to be missed!
7. The Move It Move It parade exceeded our expeectation. We showed up 20 minutes early and were able to get a good spot. If you can't find any spots along the two sides, you can sit/stand at some of the center islands where they have the merchandise booths. The parades loops around several times, so don't fret if you see Po on the other side...he'll loop around and come back to your spot.
8. We didn't discover the soft serve (it's actually frozen yogurt) self-serve machines on the pool deck (I think it's Deck 15) until Day 5. The spot is a bit hidden so ask for directions.
9. We love the Solaruim for breakfast because they serve mango, papaya, hot shrimp miso soup and the other fruits also seem to be more fresh and less "picked over" compared to the Windjammer.
10. When you turn off the lights at night in your stateroom, be sure not to turn off the "master" switch, the big square button outside the bathroom. Otherwise, you will not get any air conditioning while sleeping at night.

Have fun!

Is the Solarium not adults only?

Is the Solarium not adults only?

The Solarium is an adults-only (16 or older) area but children are allowed in the Solarium Bistro, where the breakfast and lunch buffet are laid out and in the evenings, the Solarium Bistro is converted into the Samba Grill. You will see the Bistro first before heading into the Solarium area where they have jacuzzis, whirlpools and deck chairs (the adult-only area). Since the Bistro offers more healthy choices that may appeal less to children, I do see fewer children in the Bistro than say, compared to Windjammer or the MDR. But both my kids love mango and papaya so our family ate breakfast there most mornings.

The Solarium is an adults-only (16 or older) area but children are allowed in the Solarium Bistro, where the breakfast and lunch buffet are laid out and in the evenings, the Solarium Bistro is converted into the Samba Grill. You will see the Bistro first before heading into the Solarium area where they have jacuzzis, whirlpools and deck chairs (the adult-only area). Since the Bistro offers more healthy choices that may appeal less to children, I do see fewer children in the Bistro than say, compared to Windjammer or the MDR. But both my kids love mango and papaya so our family ate breakfast there most mornings.

Thanks! It sounds like a nice quiet place for a family breakfast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter