Almost all set!,

dchronister

DIS Veteran
My airfare is bought and paid for, my hotel, the Hilton Bay is bought and paid for, I'm going to buy my tickets when I get there. Soooo..... If I buy my tickets there, do I have to pay for them with yen. It isn't a problem, just need to make sure I have enough. Also, which is better from the airport, the bus service or the train! And lastly, does anyone have any restaurant faves for each park, I can't find any good menus for the parks! Am I missing or forgetting anything?

I would assume that you have to buy the tickets in yen. We normally just buy them on a credit card, as opposed to exchanging, carrying and paying cash.

We've always used the train service from the airport.

Recommended restaurants would be:

Disneyland: Grandma Sara's, Queen of Hearts Banquet and maybe Camp Woodchuck (although I haven't eaten at Camp Woodchuck yet, but the theming looks great).

DisneySea: Magellan's, Magellan's, Magellan's, Ristorante Di Canaletto, Vulcanian and Miguel's Cantina. The Sailing Day Buffet is pretty good if you have a big appetite!

1. Yes, Yen is the only currency accepted in Japan, which is a cash based society. So your cards get can refused almost anywhere due to lack of machines or restricted machines which reject your card. Make sure you have cash on you and know which ATM you can withdraw cash from (international brands are the best with cards).

2. It depends on your confidence with navigating the Japanese transport system. Peak times are extreme in Japan and bring luggage with you can be perceived as rude due to the space they can take up especially during peak times, so beware and try to travel in low periods, where it's more acceptable to have luggage. Some find the bus convenient as it is direct and stops at all the major stops in Tokyo Disney Resort, though they are very inflexible when it comes to times and purchase periods (you have to purchase a ticket about an hour before the bus arrives, it finishes up early evening and it's a first come first serve system).

3. On the Tokyo Disney website they have links to them in Japanese and if you have a browser installed with a translation application they roughly translate. My favorites are Hungry Bear Restaurant which does Japanese curry in Disneyland and Miguel's El Dorado Cantina which does Japanese influenced Mexican. A word of advice the burgers are so-so, while most other cuisines are done much better (authentically or great taste wise), so choose other places before most burgers.

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/restaurant/lists/park:tds

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/restaurant/lists/park:tdl

Hope you have a great time!

I stayed at the Hilton a few years ago and we had to pay cash for our tickets, they wouldn't accept our credit card. Not sure if they have since changed this policy.

The limousine bus will be the easiest as it drops you off at the hotel, but it's faster to take a train. If you have never been to tokyo before it might be a bit hard to navigate especially with luggage and change stations, find the right platform etc. Note that there is English everywhere in the stations, as well as major stations will have "help desks" with english speaking workers, but at first glance the train lines will look very confusing especially after a long flight.
Your other option and probably the cheapest is to take the narita express bus (which doesn't need a reservation, just show up and give the driver money) to tokyo then take the train to disneyland.

I generally don't do table service, i find most quick service restaurants have great themeing with fun options that you wouldn't find at other parks. I really like the curry from hungrybear.

Thanks so much for all the answers. We have never been and its a lot harder to get info on this Disneyland than the ones in the states!!!

If it means anything, I really struggled with luggage in the majority of Japanese train stations. Some of the really big ones have lifts (there were always long queues though) while others don't, and if it's busy you can be really in the way! We took the trains to our first hotel, were totally overwhelmed, and then didn't use them again, opting for the limo bus or taxis (taxi was pricey but worth it!)

I've tried buffets and quick service in TDL/TDS and both were really nice. The Sailing Day buffet is quite expensive, but if you can eat a lot I think it'd be worth it. Personally, I didn't eat a massive variety there so I think I'll stick to fast food this year :)
The Hungry Bear was really nice and also I had a great seasonal pancake chicken burger thing in Toontown last spring.

Remember to bring something to sit on while you wait for parades/shows! Everyone else does so I felt a bit dirty just sitting right on the floor (which was very cold at night). You can just open out your park map though if you don't have anything else.

When we stayed at Hilton in November, they were accepting cash only for the park tickets. We bought our tickets at the ticketing center in Ikspiari so that I could use my credit card.

I think taking limo bus from the airport is easier, especially if you have luggage. Not sure what time you are arriving at the airport, but if you can't make it to the last bus of the day, you might have to take the trains. In my experiences we did not have to buy limo bus tickets 1 hour before the bus would arrive. The last time we were at Haneda, I was asked if I wanted the tickets for the bus leaving in less than 10 minutes. I chose to wait for the next one though, because I was not sure if my daughter could walk fast enough to catch the bus.

The restaurant menus online are I think only in Japanese, but they have good photos so you can get good ideas. We enjoyed lunch at Ristorante Di Canaletto in DisneySea!

Have a great trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter