Almost forgot my HOB review

denisem

DIS Veteran
I'm beginnin' to think everyone has a "sentimental favorite" they return to on each trip. One of ours is House of Blues - a regular stop on our DTD afternoon. We enjoy the quirky atmosphere and generally dine off-hours so it's a walk-in.

This time we branched out a bit (I'm notorious for ALWAYS ordering a shrimp Po' Boy). Had the jambalaya instead - very tasty, and what I consider "medium" seasoning: a bit of heat, but not overwhelming. Plenty of andoullie (sp?) sausage, chicken, shrimp. Very large portion, took half of it back to our rental villa and had a great late night snack.

DH had the special of the day: seared cajun tuna, smashed potatoes, asparagus. He was very happy with his choice (and he's a fussier eater than I am).

The big surprise?? Dessert. I passed, but DH ordered the white chocolate banana bread pudding. Being the good wife that I am, I INSIST on testing his desserts to make sure they aren't poisoned ;).

Now, I don't particularly care for bread pudding, banana bread/cake OR white chocolate...but then I'd never had it in THAT particular combination. WOO-HOO! This could possibly be my all-time favorite WDW dessert. (Next time I'll order my own!).

I am so glad to see your review! House of Blues is one of the places I hope to get to this December. I'm curious about which you preferred . . . the Shrimp Po' Boy or the Jambalaya? And, can describe the Shrimp Po' Boy for me? For some reason, it's always called my name and I'm not even sure what it is.

Thanks!

Pat

71 days and counting . . . again!

po boys.....now you have me foaming at the mouth ......can hardly wait to try this dessert too......thanks

Originally posted by inky dinky doo
And, can describe the Shrimp Po' Boy for me? For some reason, it's always called my name and I'm not even sure what it is.

Thanks!

Pat

71 days and counting . . . again!

Shrimp Po' Boy: depending on where you live, it's a submarine sandwich/hoagie kinda thing: big toasted bun, deep fried shrimp, tomato, shredded lettuce with slightly cajuny tartar sauce.

The 1st time I ordered one, it was because I wasn't *really* hungry, nothing appealed to me; so thought it'd "fun to try". LOL, it's huge, filling and a wayyy yummy combination.

So nice to read a great review of HOB! It's our "sentimental favorite" as well and we start every Disney trip with dinner there the first night. I LOVE the shrimp po boys and have only ventured out one other time and that was for the ribs which were equally fabulous! DH loves the Elwood and we also eat at off peak hours and have never had to wait. The food is great and the atmosphere is so laid back. And since it's been the first dinner of our Disney trips for so long now it's even more special as it marks the beginning of our vacation! Glad to hear you enjoy it just as much!:D

Oh, yummers! Everything sounds so good!

Can you tell me what are considered "peak" hours for HOB? I think we'll try to do "off peak," too.

Thanks again!

Pat

70 days and counting . . . again!

For your review,we love the HOB and plan on having dinner there on our December trip.Thanks for posting your great informational review.:earsboy: :earsgirl: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter