• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am Ex White Glove

ExecuMom

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/"targe
Does anyone know what the status of the Am Ex White Glove service is?

I've seen posts in the past saying that Disney is dropping Am Ex as their prefered vendor and White Glove would not be continued. This would really be a shame, because on all my Magic cruises and Dis trips I've taken advantage of it.

Haven't heard much lately, though. My cruise isn't until December '03, but want to make a smart payment decision if they switch to Visa.

Thanks!!

Happy Holidays.

Hi Execumom,

I'm not a Disney "insider" or anything, but I have talked to several CMs about this as I take advantage of the White Glove package at WDW and was interested for our January cruise and our May trip to WDW.

They are indeed replacing the Amex as their card of choice, apparently Disney is coming out with it's own Visa card and that will be the deal, but no one I've spoken with is exactly sure what the program is going to be. Guess we'll find out in 2003, unless someone else on this board knows more about it than me (which is pretty likely).

Melissa :)

What exactly does White Glove treatment consist of? When we stayed at Wilderness Lodge, we looked forward to this. After seeing the ads of princesses reading bedtime stories to the kids and promise of a special gift, we were disappointed with the service. There was no story time, no character greetings and the gift was a small plastic fanny pack. Oh well, it was still a great trip and we wanted to put it on AmEx and have since then. Just wondering if you ever got anything out of it?

Maybe I'm just naive, but it's been my very limited experience that all those special incentives and concierge services usually aren't worth much at all; kind of like buying a $30,000 car so you can get a free DVD player. :rolleyes: I'm supposed to get all sorts of special treatment with my American Express card I hold through work, but on the few occasions that I've been in a position to use those benefits they just seemed kind of silly and frivolous. "So let me get this straight. I (actually, my company) spend 5 figures a month on this thing and THIS is my special treatment? Gee, thanks for the tote bag and cocktail service that seemed to be available to a lot of other random people anyway." :rolleyes: Maybe Disney does do it better (or did it better in the past when they had the 'white glove treatment'.) I'm still going to stick with my Marriott Rewards Visa though as my primary personal credit card.

Originally posted by MelissaE1
They are indeed replacing the Amex as their card of choice, apparently Disney is coming out with it's own Visa card and that will be the deal, but no one I've spoken with is exactly sure what the program is going to be. Guess we'll find out in 2003, unless someone else on this board knows more about it than me (which is pretty likely).
The new agreement between Disney and VISA is effective January 2003. Not only will there be a marketing alliance between Disney and VISA, there will also be Disney-branded VISA cards, issued by Bank One.

For more about the Disney-branded VISA, see http://psc.disney.go.com/guestservices/9409.html

I think the White Glove program with American Express will be history. It will be interesting to see what benefits the the Disney-branded VISA will provide. They've already announced that Disney VISA cardholders will be able to earn rewards, so I assume it will be a points-based system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter