• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I crazy? Rental request chances

dledger

Mouseketeer
Trying to plan our family trip to the world for May 2025. We rented points last trip and now my family is seemingly hooked. But, I’m trying to not make this a $10,000 trip anyway I can.
That being said, I’ve priced put the points for a handful of studios (we are a family of 3) for our week and I’m just wondering if I request AKL standard view or BWV standard view if I’m just basically wasting my time? I know those numbers of studios are lower and my chances rise significantly going up to savanna or preferred views. I’m also keeping OKW and Saratoga in my peripheral planning as I know those will both keep cost down and have more suites to offer. We stayed at Poly last time and just loved the pool and whole vibe so think the first two would be more our families preference if able. Am I wasting my time even trying to price these out?

You should not have any issue for AKL standard. And you might have a chance for BWV standard if renting BWV points to book at 11 month out.

There are actually a lot of AKV standard view studios and those are usually available for rent well into the 11-month reservation window, although they can often disappear before the 7-month window opens (more so at Jambo than Kidani. It is the AKV value and club level studios that are very difficult to get via rental since they tend to fill instantly at 11-months out from any given date of arrival, when AKV owners can first make reservations. Note also that if you make and get a rental for a standard studio at AKV Jambo, you may want to ask the owner to put in a non-guaranteed request for a room along Kudo Trail (the left-side of the Jambo building). All standard view rooms on that side actually overlook the Sunset savanna.

Like AKV value and club level studios, BWV standard view studios also fill very quickly at 11-months out . Many owners who do rentals won't even try to get those, and you should assume, even if you find an owner willing to try, that it will be very difficult to get a BWV standard view studio.

Last edited:

Most BWV standard view studios that are rented are rented out as "spec" rentals - i.e. someone books then and then lists them at "price for reservation" at a significant markup over "price per point"

I'm one of the owners that won't even try for a BWV standard view room for a renter. I'm unlikely to go through that work for myself - if its there when I'm booking great. I can rent my points for the same "price per point" without a hassle for a preferred view room.

And as you said,,,SSR and OKW standards are very close in points to the other 2, so you should be able to get one of the 4. Now SSR and OKW might even rent less per point as well, if you just need a room

And as you said,,,SSR and OKW standards are very close in points to the other 2, so you should be able to get one of the 4. Now SSR and OKW might even rent less per point as well, if you just need a room
We’re not quite “just need a room”… we’re cutting back on ticket days and planning either a resort pool day or a water park day.. which is why if my chances are okay with AKL, I’d rather there than OKW. I do think OKW is in my considerations just due to proximity to DS, but that’s a big one because of all the non-park food options there.

Normally AKV standard views at Kidani would likely be available, however, AKV is supposed to have a hard goods refurbishment in 2025, thus availibility may be more limited than it usually is depending on the construction schedule.

We’re not quite “just need a room”… we’re cutting back on ticket days and planning either a resort pool day or a water park day.. which is why if my chances are okay with AKL, I’d rather there than OKW. I do think OKW is in my considerations just due to proximity to DS, but that’s a big one because of all the non-park food options there.
I also order from Whole Foods/amazon fresh on my first day there for supplies/lunch, and only eat out for dinner (mostly quick service). There’s also the 4 day ticket deal right now (but may not be available in 2025).

I also order from Whole Foods/amazon fresh on my first day there for supplies/lunch, and only eat out for dinner (mostly quick service). There’s also the 4 day ticket deal right now (but may not be available in 2025).
The one non negotiable for my husband is park hoppers so I don’t think the 4 day deal works for us- but we definitely order from Publix as well to have some supplies in room!

How are you renting - actual owner or a service? I would think a service would give you the most surety of renting what you want. If you know an owner with either of those as a home resort, just contact them in next month and tell them what you are interested. An AK owner would have no problem getting a standard studio and you might even get a value. The key is to know who owns/rents AK or BW DVC home.

Not the OP but I rent from an owner who has home resort priority at all the pre Riviera DVC resorts at WDW... yeah bought a lot. Even he wasn't able to get us BWV standard studio at 11 months. But we did get a 1 bedroom standard at 11 months (it was just a bit more points than lake or pool view so we splurged).

He was able to get us standard view at AKV Kidani and Jambo. At jambo, he waitlisted club level and got it (3 nights) about a week later. It was nice. Lol.

Back to original question, you can get AKV standard pretty easily at 11 months. Not BWV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter