Am I forgetting something? Booking 11 months out

DeeBee3

I'm not grumpy; you're too happy.
I would love if someone could give me in "baby talk" the situation with booking at your home 11 months out...meaning, I go in and am able to book the 11 month date, but you can't pick any days after that? They are just grayed out. So, what am I missing? If it's Nov 14 today, shouldn't I be able to book Nov 14 through ?, today???

Not sure if I am explaining this right.

We haven't had too much practice with this so I will go back to the DVC site to go through all the rules.

Thanks!

11 is just that…you may book Oct 14 today plus seven days if I recall correctly. More expert responses will follow I’m sure 😊. There are a couple of places on the DVC site that will help you determine your current “farthest start date” but an easy way is to scroll forward on the calendar of the booking page. Also on the dashboard I believe is a field where you can enter your planned start date and it will calculate your earliest booking date and seven month booking date for non-home resort.

8411F95B-CB50-4370-8210-05831AB80389.png

Last edited:
Thank you for confirming! I click on Oct 14 2022 and then it doesn't allow me to click the departure date (7 nights). Then I went back to modify and somehow it showed up. Must be an IT thing.

If you are able to book October 14, then you should be able to book up to a total of 7 nights --14th through the 20th with Oct 21 as the departure date. If the system is showing the 14th as open, and you are not allowed to pick more dates after choosing that start date, then the system has a problem and you likely need to call MS if it happens again.

Last edited:
The first room search always prevents me from booking any further than exactly 11 months. The second time I search it will allow me 11 months, plus 7 days. They asked me if I’d take a survey and I reported the problem.

Today it also told me I didn’t have the points for a room next October. I think it was polling 2021 points for a 2022 UY booking. However, a subsequent search did not give me this error. Good times.

I’m always willing to talk DVC with anyone
I have been a member since 06. PM me if you want to chat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter