Am I going mad - can someone help?

Firebird_UK

Earning My Ears
Help I thinki that I am going mad!

I have just spent 20 mins today trying to book PS for Epcot for 17th July. Have I miscalculated, because after a lengthy conversation I was told to call back tomorrow. I don't have a problem with this other than the cost!!

I wanted to book early because we are going during the summer hols and want to watch Illuminations from the Rose & Crown. Initially I was told that I was 'way too early' to book for Epcot, but when I said that I had used the PS calculator I was told that I could have a table to seat us all (5 adults) at 7.00 instead of 7.30 as I had requested. I agreed and was asked which resort I was staying at (we are off-site) and then reminded that we would need park entry seats. I decided to confirm that the table would be outside and was then told that I was a day too early to book and should call back tomorrow!

Can any one shed any light on this? Have I miscalculated? If so why did we go all through the scenario of name, number in party, smoking/n.smoking etc?????

Pleasssseeeee help. I am desparate to organise this as it is one of the things that I most wanted to do!!:(

Anne, I <i>think</i> I am right in saying that the PS calculator on these boards is a day out. I have this vague recollection of discussions to this effect in the past and I think I have found the same when I've tried to use it.

Hi

I was a day early on Saturday and had to ring again yesterday, I thought it was me being too eager.

Good luck :) Jessie

Yes, you are 120 days out today so they could not book it for you yesterday.

I checked with Scott a while ago about the PS calculator and it would seem that some people do get the right day and for others it is a day out - he has not been able to discover why this happens.

They won't be able to guarantee that your table is outside Anne - try to book an hour and fifteen minutes ahead of IllumiNations, arrive a few minutes earlier and explain you want an outside table to see IllumiNations and also explain that this is a very special dinner as it is an Anniversary ( lay it on thick in other words!)

Yes I've done it!!

I am so excited!!!!!!

The lady at reservations was really nice and explained that I would have to check on the day about an outside table (as you had already explained), but she said it would probably not be a prob. especially if I said that it was a special occasion (great minds think alike eh Shirley!).

I am so pleased, I am a bit of a wimp- no scary rides for me, so this is really special for me. Thanks a million guys!!:) :) :)

I have got about 4 other PS's that I would like to make, but with the exception of the House of Blues Brunch, I am not so worried about times, so do you think it would be ok to leave it until the date for the last meal and then book them all tog. It's not really a prob. beyond the cost - I was held in a Q for ages today (and yesterday).

Thanks again

I called on the last day for most of mine -just called early for the R&C and Cindys (which I didn't manage to get, maybe this year!)

as for phone calls I use http://www.just-dial.com/ you dial an access number, then the WDW number and it is the same price as calling within the UK - it only works during the week though. Makes calling WDW much less stressful, and means I can call from work too.

We stopped by the R&C earlier in the day and asked about sitting outside and got a lovely table - be very friendly and not too pushy and you should be ok - the people who work at the restaurant are British and they don't seem to keen on the kind of pushy schmoozing the americans are good at. (at least that was the impression I got from our waitress)

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter