• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I the Only One Who Misses DisneyQuest?

dizfan0134

Earning My Ears
I truly feel like DisneyQuest doesn't get the recognition it deserves. Whenever I bring it up to others who have been to Disney, they have no idea what I'm talking about. I was lucky enough to get to visit a few times prior to its closing, and it was truly an awesome experience. The first time I went was 2004, so the technology was still super impressive at the time. I can't be the only one that loved DisneyQuest, right?

I went twice and was prepared to be blown away. I was the guy who went to Las Vegas and instead of gambling went to the arcades. Disney Quest was underwhelming to me. There didn't seem to be that much variety and there wasn't enough of what they did have to service all the people. Lots of waiting in line to get a turn at the good stuff. The one thing I did enjoy was the virtual roller coaster. That was fun, designing your own and then getting to ride it in that pod.

I would dump my family and go and play Galaga for hours at DQ. Back in the day, in the early 80s, I was a youth director at a church with a bunch of snotty junior high young males. I developed the amazing ability to whip their butts on that one game. Which bought me the creds to lead them. I loved the retro bay of all the old games. Also loved the VR game trying to pick up the jewels and the raft ride. And unlimited pinball. Sad. So sad.

Yah, well, we thought it was a waste of time. In fact I think we ended up drinking at the HOB for like 5 hours after we went watching college football. Made it all worthwhile. We still have the free vouchers somewhere

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter