American Girl Doll Museum in LA?

lilpixie

When I grow up, I want to be a Disney Princess
Just wondering if anyone knew if the new American Girl museum is opened yet (in L.A.)? My girls would absolutely *love* to go there when we plan our next trip to DL! :goodvibes
I am curious how far away it is from DL? Just wondering if anyone had any info?
thanks!

Hi

It is opening April 22 - I called since we'll be there thru the 14th! Oh well - my DD has been to the Chicago and NY stores...it will only save money not having it open for our trip!

I looked at a map - and it is in an upscale mall between Beverly Hills and downtown if I remember correctly.

We are very excited about the new "Place", I have booked the package for my daughter called "A day at American Girl Place" which includes spending money, cafe meal and theatre tickets. We will be there on May 5th so I will be sure to post a trip report when we get back.
I believe it is very close to the Farmers Market which I have heard is a good place to shop, but I am clueless as to what kind of shopping they are referring to, a farmers market where I live sells 90% fresh fruit and veg. and you might also see the odd handi-craft type stall, is this what we can expect in LA?
We fly out from LAX on the 6th (the next day) and wonder if we would be closer or a quicker commute to the airport coming from the Grove (where AG Place and the Farmers Market are) or should we stay put at the Candy Cane Inn (we will be at DL all week). If the Grove area is closer to the airport we could stay the night of the 5th at a hotel called The Farmers Daughter, can anyone familiar with the LA area advise on distance and what they sell at the Farmers Market, thanks.

Here are the directions from Disneyland to The Grove

Distance: 35.3 miles, Approximate Travel Time: 46 mins

1. Start at 1313 S HARBOR BLVD, ANAHEIM - go 0.1 mi
2. Make a U-turn at S MANCHESTER AVE onto S HARBOR BLVD - go 0.2 mi
3. Bear onto I-5 NORTH toward LOS ANGELES - go 23.2 mi
4. Take the I-10 WEST exit toward SANTA MONICA - go 8.1 mi
5. Take exit #8/LA BREA AVE - go 0.4 mi
6. Turn on S LA BREA AVE - go 2.4 mi
7. Turn on W 3RD ST - go 0.7 mi
8. Turn on THE GROVE DR - go 0.2 mi
9. Arrive at 189 THE GROVE DR, LOS ANGELES

The Grove at the Farmers Markert is one my absolutely favorite places to shop. Whenever I have family in town I take them. The atmosphere is very laid back, the dancing fountains are fun, there is a trolley that goes from the shopping center to the Farmers Market (incredibly short ride, but kids love it) and if you go on a weekday there is a good chance you'll see a tv or movie star (cbs studios is located next door). The Shopping is good too, some of my favorite stores. You can check it all out at www.thegrovela.com

The American Girl Store took over the FAO Schwarz store so I imagine it will be rather large. The Store opens April 22nd. My daughter is very excited about it.

I would recommend signing up for the Gold Card (its free) at the concierge. When you spend a certain amount of money which I believe is $200.00 you get free parking, just save your receipts. Parking otherwise gets pricey.

albianne: The Grove is the shopping center and it is adjacent to the Farmers Market which is an outdoor market selling produce, meats, nuts, canned goods and meals.

Thanks for all the great info Alice's mom. I am going to check out the link to all the shops now, do you think we would be better just staying at the CCI even though we will be finished with DL?

albianne said:
Thanks for all the great info Alice's mom. I am going to check out the link to all the shops now, do you think we would be better just staying at the CCI even though we will be finished with DL?

I'm not sure, I don't think I am the best person to ask since I live here and have never needed to stay at a hotel. Staying in LA would be nice though since the El Capitan is in Hollywood and you check out a movie and then have ice cream in the Disney Ice Cream Parlor next door and then see some sites. The Grove doesn't take all day to go through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter