Amusement Rides That….

I used to love all those rides too! Can't do them now, as they give me migraines, as does Astro Orbiter and Prince Charming's Carrousel.

My friends and I used to love the ride that would spin super fast so you’d stick to the wall, and then the floor would drop down - we had so much fun on that. We’d go on it after we ate to see if any of us would throw up and no one ever did - so stupid! I did a lot of dumb stuff when I was younger :rotfl:

I also used to love all those rides and a lot of others.
I can't do anything spinning anymore and no rides like Star Tours or Guardians of the Galaxy. I have to be able to see where I am going.
I can still ride some rollercoasters, depends on what they are like. I have to close my eyes if they go upside down

My friends and I used to love the ride that would spin super fast so you’d stick to the wall, and then the floor would drop down - we had so much fun on that. We’d go on it after we ate to see if any of us would throw up and no one ever did - so stupid! I did a lot of dumb stuff when I was younger :rotfl:

That sounds like a Gravitron, the one that looks like a flying saucer. Those are indeed fun. At one summer carnival, the guy running it on the inside basically didn't care what we did, so he let us crawl up the walls nad turn upside-down and stuff. He just told us to get back into position before he slowed it down - and not to say anything. It was terribly unsafe - but we kept coming back to ride it! 😁

Last edited:
Spinning and swirling, no issues. I still love roller coasters, but my head is telling me don't do it girl with rough ones!

I now avoid a few because they are just too rough and the headache afterwards isn't worth it.

1. Arrow Dynamics ~ Viper/Vortex, Magic Mountain/Kings Island. The coaster that started my downfall. A coaster that is just pain from the start. Before it closed, I made my daughter ride alone, just too painful with the shoulder harness. Pure misery. I am shocked it is still open at Magic Mountain.
Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 9.12.17 AM.png

2. The Beast, Kings Island. They attempted to make it less rough a few years ago by replacing a part of the track. Didn't work for me. I ADORE its wooden neighbor, Mystic Timbers. Second favorite to Diamondback.
Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 8.42.14 AM.png

3. Maverick, Cedar Point. I was surprised how jerky this metal coaster is. And being short with the safety harness, pain pain pain.
Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 8.47.16 AM.png

4. Rougarou, Cedar Point. I was never a fan of the Mantis, and its replacement is uncomfortable too. Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 9.04.02 AM.png

5. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. The last time I went on, I forgot that I told myself on the previous visit don't go on it again.
Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 8.52.33 AM.png

Man, I do like RIp-Ride and always want to ride it - then I regret it, especially after the long wait. It's one of those that I should probably pass on going forward.
Not going to lie, it looks so fun and appealing when you walk through the gates. And you get to choose music for the ride, even better!

Then you actually ride it and you feel the coaster beating you up. Duped! :laughing:

I used to love all coasters, but as they've become more "thrilling" I've taken a step back, and as I"m getting older, spinning is out of the question.

The Zipper is the only one I can think of, and only because it destroys my thighs. I went on the Ring of Fire recently and still enjoy it, along with all the bigger rides at Universal, Cedar Point, etc.

That one is most often called the Gravitron or the Rotor.

For me it is the various older square wheeled Vekomas still out there. Ouch they are rough.
Oh and I just won't ride a carnival ride. Don't trust em. And I don't trust many of the states to regulate them.

I pride myself on being able to ride any ride without issues, but Knoebel's in Pennsylvania (which is a great amusement park with many vintage rides) has an old thing called The Looper. Basically, you go around a big wheel while being in a smaller wheel that you control by pumping. The smaller wheel can go in the opposite direction to the big wheel, which is what my cousin did when we rode it.

https://www.knoebels.com/rides/looper

It looked innocent enough, ha ha. After it was over I had to be helped to a bench, where I sat trying not to throw up and/or faint for a good twenty minutes. I don't know what it was about the different directions of spin, maybe it messed with my inner ear or something, all I know is that I'll never ride it again.

1699032685398.png
Round Up - my all-time favorite!

But I was never particularly shy about any of them. Now, however, I won't do roller coasters. Or any ride where I have to, basically, get up from sitting on the floor or sit with another person like in a toboggan.
1699032886182.png

I avoided all those spinning and roller coaster rides as a kid. As an adult I grew to like most of them. As a senior citizen I am moving back towards avoiding them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter