Amy and James' DFTW 6/7/2013 SBP/Attic 1/12/2012 Dresses and Ring

PrincessElla

Earning My Ears

We have a very untraditional story LOL.. This will be both of our 2nd marriages.
My first one lasted 13 yrs, and His first last 16 yrs. (oops that tells you we are old LOL)

I'm Amy. I'm 35, and very much the reluctant bride LOL. I was a 2nd grade teacher but currently am a Stay at home mom to our lil Princess Ella who is 11 months old, and my daughter from my first marriage who is 13. I also have two boys ages 12, and 10 that live with their dad.

The soon to be Groom is James. He is 36 and is serving in the Army (well for now as a Wounded Warrior) He is waiting to be medically retired due to hemiplegia. (that's a whole other long long story LOL) Ella is his first biological child but he claims my kiddos as well.

We've been together for 2 yrs, and I always said I'd never get married again after my first marriage, and him after his first marriage. To say we've been through hell and back is putting it mildly. We don't have a real proposal story. How we got here is a kind of funny story though. We were driving to his Physical therapy appointment and I mentioned to him how I kept getting this offers for engagement photo sessions and how odd it was because we certainly were NEVER going make that mistake again. Well about a week later we were driving back to therapy and he says so seriously we're never going to get married and he made his case, and the next thing I know I get a request on facebook to confirm we're engaged. I laughed and confirmed and he then gave the ring he had been hiding for months. I had seen the box but thought just a box. I looked at the ring box and never looked for months.

We chose Disney because well I'm a Disney Freak, and he just wants me happy. Neither of us had real weddings with our first marriages so while this wedding will be small we are making the most of it. As soon as I have enough posts I'll post ring pictures, dress pictures, and pics of the girls.

Aww... Congratulations to you both! Isn't Facebook amazing! hehe you'd be surprised at how many people mention it having an influence on their engagements!

Look forward to reading along, can't wait to see pictures! :)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Faye (UK)

Congrats! We chose the same venues!

Being 'traditional" is not relevant at this point. You love each other!!! :goodvibes

Aww... Congratulations to you both! Isn't Facebook amazing! hehe you'd be surprised at how many people mention it having an influence on their engagements!
Look forward to reading along, can't wait to see pictures! :)

Congratulations!!!! I am really fond of your venue choices... :rolleyes1

I can't wait to read more!

LOL Hey Great Minds think alike.. Jackie you have to be sooo excited.. your getting married in a matter of DAYS :)

Congrats! We chose the same venues!

Being 'traditional" is not relevant at this point. You love each other!!! :goodvibes

Very true Thank you :)

Here I am :) I was caught copying my 13 yr old.. OOPS LOL
img1243371785135.jpg
[/IMG]
My ring.. I love that its simple yet he remembered I like princess cut stones..
IMG_1060.jpg
[/IMG]
My PrincessElla.. All ready for WDW :) DF says she's saying WDW or Bust.. Daddy were going.. LOL

IMG_1131.jpg
[/IMG]
and My Alygirl..
46.jpg
[/IMG]

SOrry they are so big I'm working on getting them resized..

Your ring is beautiful! :)

Awww what cute kids! :) Loving the disney ears!

XXX

Welcome welcome!! I'm so happy for you and your family, and I can't wait to read your PJ :) Congratulations!

I had picked out a plain white gold band but decided to find something with some meaning I love so I found this ring with garnets (my youngest dd's birthstone) and Tanzanite (spelled wrong for sure) which is my DF's and my boys birthstone. My oldest dd's birthstone is a diamond so I wear her's everyday already.
weddingbandiwant.jpg
[/IMG]

I tried on several dresses but they weren't quite it..
dress3.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0519.jpg
[/IMG]
this one made me look extremely hippy.
dress2.jpg
[/IMG]

I ended up with this one for now. I don't have a pic of me in it yet..
I got it in ivory.
Weddingdress.jpg
[/IMG]

Hello! Just following along. Your children are just adorable. Lovely ring too! I like princess cut, that's what I have as well. :) I like your choice for the dress- it will be fun to see a pic of you in it.

Can't wait for more updates.

xoxo -Court-

What great pictures! I love your ring (I'm a big fan of tanzanite; it's just so pretty), and that dress you chose is gorgeous! Can't wait to read more :goodvibes

Just joining in! I love your venue choices, I really think they're the perfect choices for a small wedding. You dress is very elegant, it's going to be so lovely!

Looking forward to reading more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter