An Alphabetical, (Flower and) Garden Variety TR- V is for: Vida la Tucson! TR COMPLETE! (3/14)

Hi, Liesa!!

Hi, Kelly!! Welcome aboard!!

And you look fabulous!

Aww, thanks. :) Feeling old and decrepit these days.

So do you drive this around?

No, not for the upcoming season at least. I bought it while it was/is in the RV park I want to be in and right now it's in dry storage there. (meaning just a spot with no electricity or hookups.) When I get there in January, I'll hire one of the guys with a truck to move it to my spot and set it up. After that, I need to make a plan. I am not sure what I'll do NEXT winter, but will almost CERTAINLY keep it in Tucson or close by.

Phew…I was worried for a sec!
What would be a trip without forgetting something, or multiple things, like my underwear?!

I don't know how you did it 2 weeks post-op. I barely managed at 4 weeks :sad2:

It was super borderline on all fronts in that department. :(

and travel-centered futterwacken.
I did have to look that up. Thanks!
And yet, even with the extra care and thought, I still managed in my usual fashion to screw a few things up.
Of course you did! It wouldn't be a Steppesister TR if you didn't!!
I will save you the suspense and let you know that my underwear somehow managed to make it safely in the belly of the plane.
Darn. I think I had underwear in the "What did she forget" pool.
One of that steps that I had to do was be fingerprinted and get them sent in. I chose to do this process in-person, which meant it had to be done in Portland.
Yeah, I get that. Mailing your hands in is so inconvenient. Better to do it in person.
I don’t get up there often because.... it’s Portland,
:rolleyes1
EVERYTHING I did was slow and deliberate; EVERYTHING took me about twice as long as it normally would.
:(
You must have been really hurting.
The actual printing didn’t take long, except that I made my first doofus move and forgot that I was supposed to bring cash to pay. That added 30 minutes to my errand because I had to walk to the closest spot in the parking lot where I parked, drive to the bank and back again, walk all the way to the office on the 5th floor, and all the way back to the car again. Shoot me now.
:sad2:
Not the best start to the trip. You know what you need? Booze.
I promptly left my sweatshirt/pillow in his car which necessitated a phone call to Kari to have her throw one in for me.
Nice of her.
And... forgotten item #1... But not sure if it counts as you got it replaced before you got to Disney. I'll have to confer with the judges.
a thorough re-check with the Truly Sadistic Administration
:laughing:
and the most “exhilarating” pat down I’ve had in a while.
woo hoo!!
Duly deemed safe <insert gigantic eyeroll here> to fly,
Yes, you're obviously a high security risk. Why you could hobble up to someone... as long as they were stationary and do something nefarious!!!
So, what’s a girl to do with several hours ahead of her? Eat and drink of course. You didn’t think that was serious question, did you?
Nope!
ordered up a yummy mimosa flight
mmm... mimosa.
Looks not too bad. :)
Best part? My comfy chair with a view! I spent over an hour in there with my feet up and couldn’t have been any happier.
ahhhh... there ya go.
I ordered this one in particular protest over my lost Italy trip and my time in Puglia. I’m not even a little bit bitter.
:rolleyes:
I admit, I have never seen water in a carton.
Nor have I. An attempt at being more environmentally friendly?
I was in excruciating pain by then and was starting to seriously question this entire trip altogether. I am a nurse and honestly I was doubting my wisdom in this entire affair.
I'm so sorry to hear that.
I think I forgot to mention we were both taking the same Red Eye from there to MCO and Marcia, not wanting a night flight, flew the next morning on the PDX-MCO non-stop.
Ah!
My gratitude was as immense as Snow White's was for her wake-up kiss. #leavethestoryalone
#youretakingthefunoutofthis
We were seated pretty far apart, in fact, I was that classless friend relegated to the peon section, while Miss Hoity-toity laughed at me as I passed her in First Class.
:lmao:
Oh wait, no she didn’t, I got to board first since I was Miss Hobbly-Wobbly!!! Eat my dust, Lady!
:rotfl:
I went to plug in my phone to the portable charger you saw earlier and well… I couldn’t. Know why? Cuz it was still plugged in Seattle or in some new owner’s hot little hands on its way to Philly or New York or Mumbai. D’oh!!!!
Oh, no!

After bringing the wrong charger for my camera to Scotland I feel you on that. I am now obsessive with electronics. I make sure everything is charges overnight. I have extra chargers and cords packed and I have 6 portable chargers. Did I mention I am obsessed.

Oh no! A forgotten charger is a terrible thing! I'm glad Kari was able to at least get you a replacement sweatshirt. Hopefully that was the worst of it for this trip.

I did have to look that up. Thanks!

You're welcome!! One of my favorite movies!!

And now I'm sad cuz I can't remember how to embed gifs again.

Of course you did! It wouldn't be a Steppesister TR if you didn't!!

Correct!!

Darn. I think I had underwear in the "What did she forget" pool.

You'd have lost your shirt.
Yeah, I get that. Mailing your hands in is so inconvenient. Better to do it in person.

I wonder how many people try to virtually. Mail them in that is.

You must have been really hurting.
Yep.

Not the best start to the trip. You know what you need? Booze.

YES!! :laughing:

In all seriousness, I was honestly just looking for a place to take up some real estate so I could find comfort in a chair. I had to rest very often and that was the place that I could. The booze was a bonus.

Nice of her.
And... forgotten item #1... But not sure if it counts as you got it replaced before you got to Disney. I'll have to confer with the judges.

Have they ruled?

Seriously? How on Earth can one person be so dim-witted so often!?
Yes, you're obviously a high security risk. Why you could hobble up to someone... as long as they were stationary and do something nefarious!!!

Well, yeah. Obviously. :rolleyes:
mmm... mimosa.
Love a morning mimosa!!
ahhhh... there ya go.

Sigh... sitting was what I was doing best.
Nor have I. An attempt at being more environmentally friendly?
Maybe??? Better than plastic, I guess?

After bringing the wrong charger for my camera to Scotland I feel you on that. I am now obsessive with electronics. I make sure everything is charges overnight. I have extra chargers and cords packed and I have 6 portable chargers. Did I mention I am obsessed.
OH dear!! THAT was probably A.W.F.U.L!! I can't imagine doing that on an overseas vacation!! UGH!! I have forgotten to charge my camera battery overnight, but I don't think I've ever forgotten the battery.

But 6?! You are covered!

Oh no! A forgotten charger is a terrible thing! I'm glad Kari was able to at least get you a replacement sweatshirt. Hopefully that was the worst of it for this trip.

It super is. Once I got there it was fine, at least I had the cord. The more imminent issue was, in fact, that sweatshirt. I ALWAYS freeze on planes and knew I'd not get one wink without a way to keep warm and/or a "pillow". And... surely you jest.
As did I. And then I lost myself for 10 min on YouTube.
It's so easy to do!!

And now I'm sad cuz I can't remember how to embed gifs again.
You have to save the gif and then attach it. Can't copy/paste, then it only copies/pastes one frame.
:lmao:
You'd have lost your shirt.
I see what you did there. Nicely done.
I wonder how many people try to virtually. Mail them in that is.
Well, you kinda can already. Do you use your fingerprint to open your phone, perhaps?
In all seriousness, I was honestly just looking for a place to take up some real estate so I could find comfort in a chair. I had to rest very often and that was the place that I could. The booze was a bonus.
I'm sure for you, booze is always a bonus. For most people. I am in the minority here.
Have they ruled?
Nope. Sleeping on it. Only idiots like me are awake now.
Seriously? How on Earth can one person be so dim-witted so often!?
:laughing:

It looks like it was a very rough travel day. You must have been exhausted from all the moving around. I think I would have been laying on the floor, too. It is too bad that you forgot your charger but at least you had the cord. It's nice that the hotel rooms have the USB ports so that you charge your phone that way.

Last edited:
You have to save the gif and then attach it. Can't copy/paste, then it only copies/pastes one frame.

I did. I saved it to my desktop and did copy and paste. And that's what I've been doing for the few that I post for a while. I guess this one was just not going to work. Bummer, cuz a little futterwacken is pretty great.

I see what you did there. Nicely done.

You seem to be the only one that catches those little zingers.

Well, you kinda can already. Do you use your fingerprint to open your phone, perhaps?

Oh, HUH!! I hadn't thought of that! Too bad gov't agencies can't... oh wait.

I'm sure for you, booze is always a bonus. For most people. I am in the minority here.
I can take it or leave it. I'd have been just as happy with a bubbly waster, but I guess I feel a little weird going into a place like that and NOT ordering something.

Nope. Sleeping on it. Only idiots like me are awake now.

Or me. I think you get up earlier for your early shifts, but I am often up at 5 or even 4:30 for mine as well. More often than I'd like, but there's that pesky idiot category.

Wow! I'm so far behind! I'll have to come back and catch up on this one too.....
You'll get there. And this one won't have a post until next weekend. This weekend I was busy with my ER shadowing shift and a day trip to the lake. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter