An amusing story

amid chaos

DIS Veteran
"A Slight Hiccup "
By Frank Rawlins.

I think that's why I like pub gardens so much - you can drink and browse without any worries about the effect of the alcohol. On the odd occasion, that is. On the another odd occasion, in a more compact but also attractive pub garden, Mrs R and I were admiring some rhododendrons when our two kids, then little more than toddlers, ran off towards a goldfish pond.

They couldn1t swim, son Chris wasn't old enough to read the sign that said " Please Do Not Drop Anything In The Pond", and both had a terrible fascination for water that I knew was going to land them in trouble one day. So I shot after them, stooped to grab Chris as he approached the water's edge, and tripped over the sign. Chris flew clear and I flew into the pond. I was sitting there, murky water up to my armpits, trying to scrape a lily-pad off my head, when a barmaid who had obviously seen it all before came out to tidy up. She ignored me and told the kids in a voice sweet with sarcasm, "If you can't control him, leave him at home next time."

It's amazing how quickly they shuffled innocently away.

I certainly hope that this is not an indication of what may be going on at the Rose and Crown during DisCon! LOL

Well, on second thought, maybe I hope it is....:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter