An assignment for those going to WDW now thru Aug 15th...

I think the last 2 weeks in August you do see a drop-off because all the local kids are back in school. At least.....I'm hoping this will be the case (we arrive on 8/18)!!

See you at SSR. We arrive on the 17th!

We just returned to PA after being in WDW from August 5-10. It was soooo hot...the heat index was 128!!! Thank God for the stores having air conditioning...we spent a lot of time taking breaks in the stores! My son and I were also very thankful for our portable handheld fans. They are a MUST!!!
The water mister ones are great too...but more cumbersome to carry. I got ours at Walmart...they had a clip to attach them to a backpack or beltloop. Bring extra batteries too..you will need them!!

I was also very pleased that Stormalong Bay stayed open until 10pm. It was fun swimming there at night. Ususally when we have gone in the past...it closes around 8.

I would say that the parks were very crowded... but my guess is that this week and next week it will thin out a bit. A cast member said that they hit record attendance the week we were there. Fast passes sold out fairly quickly.

I also suggest makiing ressies for dinner if you plan on eating in the parks...we were glad we did. We ate at the Crystal Palace and 9 Dragons...two places where we all enjoy the meal.

We tried to save money by only doing two parks this year...and we did Epcot and the MK on days when they had either early opening or late closing. My favorite is the late closing. No sunscreen...no beating rays of the sun...it was so much more enjoyable after the sun went down. Epcot on the late evenings is my favorite...there is still lots to do. We went on Mission Space with no line whatsoever...and the new Nemo ride, and Figment...it was great.

We also splurged on the Disney Dining Plan...which was fantastic!! A cast member told me that tips were included in the price until January 08. Then we will be responsible for tipping. They are not planning on raising the prices...but they will no longer include tips in the price. The DDP must be purchased before you check in. Call the dining # for more details.

Overall, we had a great time...but we vowed never to go back in August again. It was just too hot to really enjoy the days.

Enjoy your upcoming trips!

The Weber Family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter